Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Filling in my grattitude journal (I know, I know, but im really working on changing my mindset at the mo so whatever works!) And this morning I put support from strangers on the internet in it.

This forum really has some lovely people in it, and they have been there for me through a tough time recently. So boards.ie and AH is my TH today. You lot are just fab. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think this thread serves a bit like a gratitude journal. When you read about things that people appreciate and realise you have those things too it does change your perspective and it’s good to remind ourselves of the little things that make us happy.
    Best of luck on Monday TG and enjoy the brunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just back from beauty treatment...beautician gave me gifts worth more than the treatment, and she touched up my make up (i.e, did it properly) Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw Avengers: Endgame at the cinema this evening. It was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

TG1 wrote: »
    Filling in my grattitude journal (I know, I know, but im really working on changing my mindset at the mo so whatever works!) And this morning I put support from strangers on the internet in it.

This forum really has some lovely people in it, and they have been there for me through a tough time recently. So boards.ie and AH is my TH today. You lot are just fab. :)

I have a gratitude journal too and I must say some posters from this thread and Where are you thread are always mentioned in it :)

I'm TA'd that it's a glorious evening :)

Best of luck on your new job TG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    I have a gratitude journal too and I must say some posters from this thread and Where are you thread are always mentioned in it :)

I'm TA'd that it's a glorious evening :)

Best of luck on your new job TG :)

Not sure if that is a TH or a Homer scream moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LorelliPop!

Winning a game of Trivial Pursuit on the PS4. Pure jamminess in the last round :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »

Who's mentioned in it the most auto :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got two little rescue hens today. They are ex caged hens, never seen daylight before. This evening one of them was standing in the sunshine, eyes closed, soaking in the sunlight.

• Advertisement

Who's mentioned in it the most auto :pac:?

You can read it in the morning ;)

Date night and seeing Avengers: Endgame tonight

Oh, I have another one I forgot to post yesterday.

We have a new chef at work, but I know him, I used to work with him in my last job. Last night I was working in the restaurant and I was talking to him about menus and stuff and he says to me “you were up in the other hotel as well weren’t you?” and I told him I was. About 5 minutes later I was going into the kitchen and heard him talking to someone saying “she was very good in the last place”, talking about me!

Never mind and I thought he hated me because he was a right grumpy fecker! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That there's a bank holiday tomorrow week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

branie2 wrote: »
    That there's a bank holiday tomorrow week.

Oh I forgot that one !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A little evil but it makes me TH when you are doing the speed limit, someone passes you out and then a couple of minutes later you are right behind them because they have got stuck behind someone else:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Probably more of a thing for racing people but we're always backing on horses going by the jockey or trainer, picked a horse today just for the name that was meaningful to us and it won at a big price!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am easily pleased maybe but the pause button on the VM box is brilliant ! Only discovered it lately and it makes life a lot easier !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Went for a lovely dinner and a few drinks with good friends last night, got to cuddle their awesome dog and spent a lot of the evening quoting various Marvel films, especially Korg from Thor: Ragnarok :) Then today I got a new PB for 10km, and I got a medal and a bottle of chocolate milk afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I thought I ran out of coffee, then I found a bag I had forgotten about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

As I put on my top this morning.

Booms Female Offspring: "Dad, you look very handsome in that jumper"

Got my day off to a good start.

The day is going pretty fast, only 3 and a half more hours till home time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Pear and elderflower lemonade. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It’s my dog’s birthday and she loves her pet toy! (she is usually VERY fussy about toys)

I’m home, on the couch and off till Friday :D

Just finished a great book, couldn’t put it down, I love a book like that :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What book, Auto?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A very kind boardies sending me on a book 😀

quickbeam wrote: »
    What book, Auto?

The woman inside by EG Scott :)

Today's TA is the sun is shining :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A very kind boardies sending me on a book 😀

They only wanted your address for different reasons.

;)

First coffee of the day is making me able to handle the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement