Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 u1navxomlkrjq7

mun1 wrote: »
    Yesterday Ton of ovoids from CW cost €280 plus €85 for Liam Connolly transport

Can you do a favour and post a picture of the bag the ovoids came in when you get time - just want to see if its the same as the ones I got a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

Yesterday Ton of ovoids from CW cost €280 plus €85 for Liam Connolly transport

I use Joe McGovern in Cavan for the transport, ordered today from CW, e280 for ovoids, Joe Mc transport e72.60 to south east. Been ordering from CW I think 6 years now and cannot fault their ovoids. Believe there was a bad batch one year but dodged that thankfully.

Essentially e14 per 40kg back of CW ovoids, used in a 22kw back boiler stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I get a pallet of supertherm every couple of years and mix them with turf. A pallet would do me 3 years. This year due to an injury I wasn't able to go to the bog and do turf so I will run out before xmas and on my last bag of supertherm at the minute. There is plenty of places to buy turf locally but there is no value in turf (imo) unless you do your own. Went to my local Agri . €684 delivered for 80 x 20kg of supertherm.How does this sound? New on this thread ,I went back a pile of posts to try and find a link for CW. Any link and where are they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

codie wrote: »
    I get a pallet of supertherm every couple of years and mix them with turf. A pallet would do me 3 years. This year due to an injury I wasn't able to go to the bog and do turf so I will run out before xmas and on my last bag of supertherm at the minute. There is plenty of places to buy turf locally but there is no value in turf (imo) unless you do your own. Went to my local Agri . €684 delivered for 80 x 20kg of supertherm.How does this sound? New on this thread ,I went back a pile of posts to try and find a link for CW. Any link and where are they based?

Here you go.

Annaghmore Road, Coalisland, Co Tyrone BT71 4QZ

02887740911 / 00442887740911

Due to supplier increase there will be a price rise starting on Thursday 1st October 🚨
    Prices will be as follows:
    🌟N E W P R I C E L I S T🌟
    ⚫️ Slack - €130 per tonne
    ⚫️ Singles - €165 per tonne
    ⚫️ Doubles - €220 per tonne
    ⚫️ Polish - €220 per tonne
    ⚫️ Black Diamond - €260 per tonne
    ⚫️ Columbian Doubles - €260 per tonne
    ⚫️ Columbian Coal - €280 per tonne
    ⚫️ Masterheat - €270 per tonne
    ⚫️ Countryblend - €300 per tonne
    ⚫️ Clearflame - €300 per tonne
    ⚫️ Ovoids - €300 per tonne

https://www.facebook.com/Coal-Warehouse-658154320965461/

Shipping for a pallet will cost you circa €75

I've gotten a few bags of stove glow from this crowd a few years back €15 for 40kg IIRC

https://www.patrickmurphyandsons.ie/shop/

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Thanks, whats the stoveglow like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

codie wrote: »
    Thanks, whats the stoveglow like?

As good as the CW smokeless ovids as far as I can remember. Had just ran out and needed a couple of bags to tide me over while waiting for the CW pallets to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://coaldirectireland.com/product/eco-glow-2/

What are these like. Is it really free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Folks looking for just 100kg of coal...what is the best place to get it ? Live in an apartment and cannot order a tonne ! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Folks looking for just 100kg of coal...what is the best place to get it ? Live in an apartment and cannot order a tonne ! Cheers

These are a sound company to deal with

https://www.coughlanfuels.com/#

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

OmegaGene wrote: »
    These are a sound company to deal with

https://www.coughlanfuels.com/#

Thnks dont think they deliver in dublin

• Advertisement

Thnks dont think they deliver in dublin

Sorry thought you were in the cork area for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Started mixing CW and EG ovoids and surprise surprise the stove was hot yesterday morning and just had to add more to get it going again.
    Still a sh1t load of ash but that could be due to the free bale of briquettes that came with the CW delivery.
    CW ovoids definitely last longer than EG.

Why doesn’t anyone complain to easyglow if they aren’t happy and report back with the results, I’m loving the small ovoids myself with decent heat and the same amount of ash as supertherm and they are easier to handle too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Why doesn’t anyone complain to easyglow if they aren’t happy and report back with the results, I’m loving the small ovoids myself with decent heat and the same amount of ash as supertherm and they are easier to handle too

have u burned the cw ovoids yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

I'm ordering another ton, I've an 8kw stove and the oul lad said to get him another ton too. He has a bigger stanley stove, dunno what kw.
    They'll take a fair hike after Brexit. I had to check the bags that It was easyglow I had got before with all the complaining on here!

I got a ton of black diamond coal off coal Warehouse before, I think consumer issues or rip off republic would have been a better place to post about it than bargain alerts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Honestly think it must be two different batches of Easyglow because the ton I got is perfect.

I think it's a 12kw stove we have, it's only been lit regularly the last couple of weeks and we're very happy with it.

It heats the room and the few towel rads and the rads upstairs and lasts a good while without having to be topped up, no issue with ashes either.

If it's as bad as some people claim then they should deffo be complaining to the supplier instead of on here.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

have u burned the cw ovoids yet?

What’s that got to do with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Hi All - I am going to pull the trigger on 2 tonnes of Ovoids from Coal Warehouse. Question, is the quality good again ? Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Honestly think it must be two different batches of Easyglow because the ton I got is perfect.

I think it's a 12kw stove we have, it's only been lit regularly the last couple of weeks and we're very happy with it.

It heats the room and the few towel rads and the rads upstairs and lasts a good while without having to be topped up, no issue with ashes either.

If it's as bad as some people claim then they should deffo be complaining to the supplier instead of on here.

Can we not do both.? Ive complained to easyglow , but in fairness to everyone on bargain alerts , (where I’ve got a lot of bargains over the years), its only right i let all other bargain “alerters” know what’s what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

6541 wrote: »
    Hi All - I am going to pull the trigger on 2 tonnes of Ovoids from Coal Warehouse. Question, is the quality good again ? Thanks all.

Yeah it's spot on we got 24 ton delivered to the estate again this year and everyone is delighted with the coal all ovids

• Advertisement

Can we not do both.? Ive complained to easyglow , but in fairness to everyone on bargain alerts , (where I’ve got a lot of bargains over the years), its only right i let all other bargain “alerters” know what’s what.

Shout it from the roof tops if you spent a few hundred and got an inferior product
    What did easyglow say ?
    I’d be curious to see a copy of their reply

And it’s only fair to let us know the response too.

A lot of us got a little compensation from coal warehouse a couple of years back.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

6541 wrote: »

Just got a ton delivered from CW last night, tried a shovel full on the stove last night and it does not disintegrate like the EG stuff.
    Back to the usual standard from CW.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭insullation

I have been ordering coal from north of the border for a couple of years now with mixed results. But I'd only ever order a ton at any one time. I'd be very wary of ordering anymore than that at any one time. Its completely pot luck with what you are going to get so ordering something like 10 ton at one time is very risky in my opinion. Not saying any of the companies listed here are pop up operations but a lot of coal merchants are pop up operations that operate from a farm yard before been shutdown and they just move to the next farmyard. At a very minimum I'd check to see if they are listed here - https://www.epa.ie/licensing/air/coalbaggingandsolidfuelsupplierregistrations - alarm bells otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

I bought 1200kg of Hayes Premium Polish coal from "The Dandys" a few months back. I dont live in a smokeless fuel zone or built up area. In my opinion, the coal is very good. It came in 25 kg bags and was very well stacked and wrapped on the pallet. Delivery was very fast and effecient.

It is way better than polish coal I got a few years back from CW

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

IrishHusk wrote: »
    I emailed them yesterday about the poor quality of the small ovoids but have got no reply as of yet. Like other posters have said the amount of ash is at least 50% and the fire dies off very quickly. Unfortunately I got hooked into buying the second ton due to 20 euro reduction offer so have a large pile of this rubbish to get through so very annoyed but live and learn. Luckily I have about 1 ton of Kosy King ovoids left over so can mix them up but would never buy from easy glow again unless they offer some response to my email.

I got a response from EG last Friday shown below.

"I am so sorry to hear you are disappointed with your purchase and thank you for your email as this prompted us to fuirther investigate your issue, we would appreciate the opportunity to fix this problem, we are prepared to exchange one your pallets for new product and if you are still not happy with this pallet we are prepared to take whatever steps necessary to fix this problem."

It would be a lot of work for me to send back a pallet as I have removed all the bags from the pallet and it is stored in my shed so this will not really be a runner for me. I have asked if they would send me a few bags of a different product so I could test and based on that I may order in the future. I am still waiting on a response to this request.

It may be worthwhile letting them know if you have issues with the ovoids you purchased as I did make reference to this thread when I wrote my original email about the quantity of ash and poor longevity of heat that others have reported here.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Green Mile

There is a fuel merchant in Clondlakin, Martin Perry. Does anyone have a number for him? I can’t find it online anywhere.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

"I am so sorry to hear you are disappointed with your purchase and thank you for your email as this prompted us to fuirther investigate your issue, we would appreciate the opportunity to fix this problem, we are prepared to exchange one your pallets for new product and if you are still not happy with this pallet we are prepared to take whatever steps necessary to fix this problem."

It would be a lot of work for me to send back a pallet as I have removed all the bags from the pallet and it is stored in my shed so this will not really be a runner for me. I have asked if they would send me a few bags of a different product so I could test and based on that I may order in the future. I am still waiting on a response to this request.

It may be worthwhile letting them know if you have issues with the ovoids you purchased as I did make reference to this thread when I wrote my original email about the quantity of ash and poor longevity of heat that others have reported here.

I’ve emailed them just now to complain about the poor quality. Expect I might get a similar email response. Time will tell

If you can’t return it due to opening the bags maybe you could negotiate a partial refund for the order as compensation

• Advertisement

Sounds like a very fair response from EasyGlow to me, couldn't ask for anything more really.

Advertisement