Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chin Chin China Man??

• 17-11-2005 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

now maybe im just losing it but when we were little there was a big step in the schoolyard and we would play a game stepping up and down off it. The song went something like:

"Chin Chin China man
    sitting on the fence
    trying to make a dollar out of fifity five cents
    he missed he missed he missed like this"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

We sang
    Ching Chong China Man
    Sitting on a bench

*rest was the same though*

I remember playing it with hopscotch like squares on the ground, i think everyone had their own versions though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yes!! im not going mad so. oh and elastics that was the best!!! jelly on the plate! Granany put her knickers on inside out lol I remember when we would put the elastics up to thigh height and kids woul dstill be able to jump in and out id doubt so many kida be able to do that now ;-)

yes!! im not going mad so. oh and elastics that was the best!!! jelly on the plate! Granany put her knickers on inside out lol I remember when we would put the elastics up to thigh height and kids woul dstill be able to jump in and out id doubt so many kida be able to do that now ;-)
    Hey I just made a new post bout German Jumps as we called it..I presume thats what you're talking about... he he coinsidence :D

yeah shinners thats the one german jumps!! that is freaky great minds think alike huh

He he, yea or 'fools seldom differ' as some say...
    I'll go with yours though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Ha ha my daughter came home from school yesterday saying she was playing Chin chan china man sitting on a fence that it was "brilliant" so the games carry on through the years. We just criss crossed our legs saying the rhyme and who ever had there legs different to the rest at the end was out. She was playing the same way...:D

deadly - the 80s lives on!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'd completely forgotten the existence of those elastic things! There was another one we used to say, it went something like "England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, inside, outside, donkeys tails"
    Does anyone remember those things that were a ball attached onto a loop that you put around your foot, and you swung it round and hopped over it with your other foot? What were they called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

oh my god! The elastic jumping game! That and kerbsie! I;m back in 1986...bliss!

fishie was it a lola ball or am i thinkin of something else. do you remember the rubber balls with a circle of plastic round them too (looked like a planet) and you had to have the ball between your feet and bounce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

This is the version I learnt.

chin chin china man wanted to milk a cow
    chin chin china man didn't know how
    chin chin china man pulled the wrong tit
    chin chin china man got covered in shi*

Advertisement