Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ear wax irrigators, Irish suppliers

Options
  • 10-05-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭

I asked my mother's GP to carry out microsuction on her ears, after an absurd wait of a few months, she finally got seen and it did make a big difference for a while. Except it wasn't microsuction that was used, the GP used an irrigation machine.

Crude enough process, I could easily have done it myself if I had the machine.

I see there is a "Propulse" brand machine available widely online for a few hundred euros.

I am presuming that these machines are both more effective and safer than old syringing methods but that you probably need to be oiling your ears for a while before the irrigation.

Cheapest I've found the Propulse is from williamsmedical.ie. A welsh company but apparently they are part of the Irish DCC and Fannin groups. Website gives an 01 number but doesn't give an Irish address or say where items would be dispatched from. Alarm bells going off TBH.

Anyone got any suggestions on where to buy or any general comments on ear irrigation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Cheapest I've found the Propulse is from williamsmedical.ie. A welsh company but apparently they are part of the Irish DCC and Fannin groups. Website gives an 01 number but doesn't give an Irish address or say where items would be dispatched from. Alarm bells going off TBH.
    I don't think the 01 number is a Dublin number;
    Craiglas House
    The Maerdy Industrial Estate
    Rhymney
    Gwent
    NP22 5PY

You can call us on 01685 846666, fax us on 01685 844725, or email us at customercare@wms.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

the_syco wrote: »
    I don't think the 01 number is a Dublin number;

01 prefix pretty much every UK area code, its not the full prefix.

01908 (Milton Keynes) or 0121 (Birmingham) for example

Other than that I am no help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

I couldn't find where best to put this. I got my ears suctioned/syringed this morning and it was brilliant. Two big balls of wax came out. Getting them done is an amazing feeling. I usually get them done once a year.

Advertisement