Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rage Against the Machine - Sep 4th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

they disbanded almost a decade ago actually.. maybe you are referring to prophets of rage?

No, I was referring to RATM alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A lot of ragin' against the festival machine in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 el3ctronick

No, I was referring to RATM alright.

just noticed that their tour poster (red one) is designed by Virgil Abloh.. owner of OFF WHITE who is also creative director of Luis Vuitton :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its a great booking for and fit for EP. They're far better as a festival band. They play short sets so its a good burst of energy for the festival. Seen them a few times, only once not a festival and that was in the Point (O2 then) in 2010 and they were fairly crap. Other times I saw them were festivals and they were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Yeah well I saw them in the Tivoli in 1865 so I deserve a proper gig surrounded by people who know wtf is going on, knowimsayin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

LillySV wrote: »
    most of the trendies who paid those Mad prices without knowing who is playing won’t have a fukin clue who RATM are

This is Christmas Number One RATM we are talking about? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Wooderson wrote: »
    We'll post a vids on 'ere shure. Will only be a half-duzz of us at Dicky Picky.

Make sure you get your daisy chain and zany facepaint in the shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Well I’m glad one of ye does!! Haha ... enjoy!!!

So there will be at least 2 of us at that set. Phew, I thought I would be on me own there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Well at the prices suggested, i wouldn’t have had any intention of going ... seen them up in Dublin previously ... unbelievable concert ... but I’ve too many essential things to pay for .... can’t explain those prices for a concert

It will be interesting concert I’m sure... most of the trendies who paid those Mad prices without knowing who is playing won’t have a fukin clue who RATM are

That's a bit snobby. I think most people will be familiar with at least "that one song".
    I saw them back at one of the Feiles in the early '90s. Thought I was going to die when I got stuck at the bottom of a pile-up. Great fun. First album was majestic, second was alright. No idea what happened after that. Settled down with a girl, and whatever political anger I had prior to that was bet out of me by herself - replaced with "spending my time thinking of more important relationship issues".

On the tickets issue, I think it's handy enough to get tickets closer to the time on Toutless etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bless. Another festival bashing. No snob like a music snob, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Bless. Another festival bashing. No snob like a music snob, eh?

real music fans dont go to festivals don't ya know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't know what people see in them, I don't think I would even go to the parish hall to see them. I do like rap mixing with rock but he doesn't sound like a very good rapper.

Paris on the Tuesday seems like a standalone gig as well... sort of. The festival is Friday, Saturday, and then RATM on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I don't know what people see in them, I don't think I would even go to the parish hall to see them. I do like rap mixing with rock but he doesn't sound like a very good rapper.

Thanks for sharing, lets add them to the list of bands you do not like but insist on posting about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭endainoz

mloc123 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, lets add them to the list of bands you do not like but insist on posting about.

The claws are out tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

endainoz wrote: »
    The claws are out tonight!

The guy is a pain tbh... Every rock or metal gig thread he posts in just to let us know he doesn't like them, they are too hipster, they are sell outs or that he would travel to "the pale" to see them anyway etc...

We get it, he is too cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Does anyone know when exactly they'll be on sale? It says Thursday at 11 local time. Is that 11 in whatever country the gig is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

xckjoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know when exactly they'll be on sale? It says Thursday at 11 local time. Is that 11 in whatever country the gig is in?

Generally it's the local time zone of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Did a quick google there+ I think they are the 1st band announced, so I assume they would be more bands of a "Rock" genre this year -which means the hipsters +influencer w@nks will be reselling their tickets on adverts soon enough!

Did a quick google there+ I think they are the 1st band announced, so I assume they would be more bands of a "Rock" genre this year -which means the hipsters +influencer w@nks will be reselling their tickets on adverts soon enough!
    I think your analysis is premature and a bit naive. Have you been to EP lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

My apologies, Im specificly refering to the hipsters+w@nks who do go, not the people who generaly attend

No offence taken. The spread of acts and genres is huge. Heavy rock is probably a bit under represented, although 5 or 6 of the Sunstroke acts were in Stradbally last year, Heavy Lungs, Thumper, the Scratch, Vulpynes etc. I wouldn't have thought the announcement of RATM heralds a new dawn for them. I know plenty of EP regulars that are delighted with that announcement. Still room for the ****. That's ok. It's a big place.

There's another gig too, Vienna, Austria on the 12th.

It's a Saturday and their own gig not a festival. That's probably where I'll head then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

Hi, for US shows, does anyone have experience buying tickets? Is it just through Ticketmaster? Can purchase tickets from outside the country? Gonna try fir new york tickets so I guess I try at 11am new york time?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Jasminecat wrote: »
    Hi, for US shows, does anyone have experience buying tickets? Is it just through Ticketmaster? Can purchase tickets from outside the country? Gonna try fir new york tickets so I guess I try at 11am new york time?

Might be a different ticket site like axs etc, I'd suss out who is selling these and have your account registered first, been to plenty of gigs in states booking tix here beforehand no bother, a lot let you collect at box office, flashseats is a new seller too and all you bring is the card you booked the tix with, it's swiped at the door and in you go

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Bowlardo wrote: »
    This absolute bull**** . They should be playing their own gig

They are mainly interested in making as much money as possible, not performing for fans.
    Ratm really taking the fight to the rich here alright....

Tickets last time they played were close to €100, and that was ten years ago during a recession.
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    I think your analysis is premature and a bit naive. Have you been to EP lately?

Díckhead count gets higher every year, and my tolerance also decreases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Jasminecat wrote: »

If you go to ticketmaster.com and set up an account. I've an account there I've bought tickets with before. I can see the count down for ratm NY tickets when I go on there now.

Songkick is handy to see what outlets are selling tickets. Just showing as ticketmaster for ratm NY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    If you go to ticketmaster.com and set up an account. I've an account there I've bought tickets with before. I can see the count down for ratm NY tickets when I go on there now.

Songkick is handy to see what outlets are selling tickets. Just showing as ticketmaster for ratm NY

Thanks for posting this. Never realised you needed a Ticketmaster account for each country. Madness

Paris tickets are on sale there now, €69 or €49 student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'd be surprised if they did day tickets for the Friday. Its absolute chaos that day with most people arriving. Then its all the knack bags who will buy a day pass and sneak into the campsites.

Advertisement