Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 months free Amazon Prime Video for eir broadband customers

Comments

buzzerxx wrote: »
    5g is banned in some countries.No way would i allow 5g into my home and risk the health of my family.

5G a health risk ha ha, there might be some tinfoil hats on sale for cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Is Amazon music included in this?

• Del007 wrote: »
    Is Amazon music included in this?

Prime Music is, not Music Unlimited.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GW3PHAUCZM8L7W9L&sa-no-redirect=1

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Lads,

When you get this up and running can you use the actual prime video app and cast to tv?
    or do you have to use a web browser and cast that?

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im out of contract with eir and got this offer, if i activate it will it lock me into another eir contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Lads,

When you get this up and running can you use the actual prime video app and cast to tv?
    or do you have to use a web browser and cast that?

Cheers

yes I believe so. I have prime tv app so just use that

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Dcully wrote: »
    Im out of contract with eir and got this offer, if i activate it will it lock me into another eir contract?

I asked that question to EIR on FB, I was told no.

I signed up when out of contract, I've since left EIR & Prime Video has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

I'm on 1 month free trial with Prime, have it setup to UK. Would anyone know if I can continue with this membership by signing up with Eir. Would prefer not to have to go through it all over again i.e getting it set to UK

• Signed up for the free year how do you cancel I have it free yeah until 28th of December 2020 yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MK1-GTi-Cork

Decoda wrote: »
    Anyone know if availing of this offer restarts your eir contract? Can't see anything on their website or in the terms and conditions.

Regards

D.

Would love to know this also as I'd prefer to not have my Eir contract renewed..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Would love to know this also as I'd prefer to not have my Eir contract renewed..

Thanks

See my previous post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112103631&postcount=68

But if in doubt ask EIR on one of the promotion posts on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I signed up for this as well and when I tried to watch season 5 of Vikings only 2 of the 10 episodes are available? Episode 5 and episode 7. Which is stupid. When I try to watch any of the others it says "video unavailable" wtf like?

That’s been like that for months. Signed up to the Prime €2.99 a month for 6months offer just tonwatch vikings and got to season 5 and only 2 episodes available!
    Contacted them and they said the other episodes were probably under maintenance and would be back up soon. Still waiting!

Now back to this eir prime offer, how the heck do you actually sign up for this?!
    I click that banner to get prime and it just brings me to Eir Tv sign in page!? No option to sign in to prime via amazon etc.
    Is it a website bug or what?
    I’m accessing it via safari on an iPad, maybe that’s the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

This is what I’m getting when I click the banner.
    First image buffers for a while and then the second image pops up. And the manage device options seem to be for Eir Tv and not Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Cherrycola wrote: »
    This is what I’m getting when I click the banner.
    First image buffers for a while and then the second image pops up. And the manage device options seem to be for Eir Tv and not Prime

I had the same issue trying to set it up via Eir App and Browser on an android tablet.

When i got a laptop and used Chrome browser it brought me to the amazon site as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Not getting anywhere

Only getting a location error, video unavailable.

Error Code 5505

What's the point of this. Not interested if i have to have app on phone and cast etc

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

duffer247 wrote: »
    I'm on 1 month free trial with Prime, have it setup to UK. Would anyone know if I can continue with this membership by signing up with Eir. Would prefer not to have to go through it all over again i.e getting it set to UK

Just wondering what you did in the end, my free trial ended and I've taken up Eir offer but it has reset my location

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

P_Cash wrote: »
    Not getting anywhere

Only getting a location error, video unavailable.

Error Code 5505

What's the point of this. Not interested if i have to have app on phone and cast etc

I cancelled my Prime Video contract which I had for the last 6 months to avail of this eir offer. I had managed to get Amazon to set my region settings to the UK on my previous contract so I could access all the content on my fire TV and everything was working perfectly.

I am now on the eir contract and getting error 5505 - location restriction error. I have been on to Amazon and they are unable to set my location back to the UK region on the eir contract. They say the eir membership is with primevideo.com and not amazon.co.uk so they cannot set my region to UK.

It appears that the only option available is to use prime video on my phone and cast the output to my chromecast stick - not ideal.

Did anyone else manage to get the full UK content working on a Fire TV device when on the new eir contract?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You just had the wrong agent in Amazon, try again and don't mention Eir at all. Just ask them to change your region to the UK because it's not working. Just try until you get an agent that knows what they're doing.

I had one agent kept pushing back telling me to use PrimeVideo because the firestick is not meant for NON UK. I thanked them for their time, opened a new chat request and the next agent just asked me to confirm I'm in the UK and changed it, within a minute I could watch the content on my 3 Firesticks. They did recommend doing a power cycle from the settings "Restart".

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

Berty wrote: »
    You just had the wrong agent in Amazon, try again and don't mention Eir at all. Just ask them to change your region to the UK because it's not working. Just try until you get an agent that knows what they're doing.

I had one agent kept pushing back telling me to use PrimeVideo because the firestick is not meant for NON UK. I thanked them for their time, opened a new chat request and the next agent just asked me to confirm I'm in the UK and changed it, within a minute I could watch the content on my 3 Firesticks. They did recommend doing a power cycle from the settings "Restart".

I've been on to a very helpful chat agent. Tried to help me out but its not a UK prime membership so she couldn't do anything. Said it was prime video and not Amazon.co.uk membership.

R11 wrote: »
    I've been on to a very helpful chat agent. Tried to help me out but its not a UK prime membership so she couldn't do anything. Said it was prime video and not Amazon.co.uk membership.

Try again. All of ours are Non Prime(Eir) and we still have our firesticks working.

Just say you're in the UK and it doesn't work. They don't know where you physically are. Just ensure you have a UK address on your account. You must have had the firestick delivered to one anyway. I say this because I removed my cards, due to potential fraud, and firesticks stopped working, as soon as I added a parcel wizard address on my card and boom it was back.

• Advertisement

Try again. All of ours are Non Prime(Eir) and we still have our firesticks working.

Just say you're in the UK and it doesn't work. They don't know where you physically are. Just ensure you have a UK address on your account. You must have had the firestick delivered to one anyway. I say this because I removed my cards, due to potential fraud, and firesticks stopped working, as soon as I added a parcel wizard address on my card and boom it was back.

Yes, I have a UK address as one of my addresses. I told her all of that but she said she wasn't able to switch my account to UK. Said it was sticking to Ireland and she tried tinkering with it but couldn't do anything. I'll try again.

Got onto another agent, said "You do not have UK prime membership. You have activated the prime membership for Ireland. Please cancel it and activate the Prime membership in UK"
    I asked how do I do that, reply "IT looks like there is a Fuse prime subscripition
    It is managed by the Fuse"
    "Prime Video - eir IE Promotional Bundle
    Please contact the reseller to cancel this subscription
    Please activate the prime membership from amazon.co.uk
    Let me know once you're done"

Dunno how you guys got it working on firestick cos I can't.....

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Ok. I got back onto amazon -a different agent. He said I needed to change the billing address on my account to a UK one. I changed the address on my primary card to my parcel motel address and he was then able to set my region to the UK. Worked straight away. Not sure what will happen if I change the billing address back to what it was but happy to have Prime working again. Thanks for the help!

patrickpc wrote: »
    Ok. I got back onto amazon -a different agent. He said I needed to change the billing address on my account to a UK one. I changed the address on my primary card to my parcel motel address and he was then able to set my region to the UK. Worked straight away. Not sure what will happen if I change the billing address back to what it was but happy to have Prime working again. Thanks for the help!

I never changed it back, it in itself doesn't affect my financial details on my cards. It still bills it/charges correctly. No payment to Amazon through either my BOI or AIB has ever failed because of it. My ROI address has a UK billing address and my Parcel Wizard/Motel has a UK billing address as well.

Finally,got it working on firestick. Did what patrickpc did and changed my billing address on Revolut card with amazon to my parcel wizard address. Then got onto live chat and they did it instantly,cheers Berty!!
    Will all future orders go through on that Revolut card even though its a different address to whats actually on the card?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 mankydogg

Any else sign up to eir and for the amazon prime and then not available when you get the broadband. They will not provide fiber to me. But am get speeds of 13-14mb. Ringing the support desk for hours does not help it appears. Conformed in the chat it would be available.

"Snipit One
    "You[6:42:33 PM]an you conform I will get amazon prime? neighbour signed up then you would not provide due to broadband speed?
    You[6:42:39 PM]*can
    Mayank[6:42:57 PM]No you will get €50 cashback Plus Amazon Prime Video totally free for 12 months.
    Mayank[6:43:05 PM]I will also make a note for it.
    Mayank[6:43:21 PM]We have 14 days cooling off period, in which if you don't like our services then you cancel the services within 14 days of activation and there will be no cancellation charges.
    Mayank[6:43:31 PM]Is that perfect,Shall I proceed for the order?
    You[6:44:31 PM]ok you can proceed under the agreement of the above pricing and you provide amazon prime"

Snipit Two
    "Mayank[6:59:15 PM]I will like to recap I ordered True Unlimited broadband service and ''Off-Peak local & national calls.
    The price for this bundle is €29.99 per month on a 12 month contract.
    You get a €50 cashback Plus Amazon Prime Video totally free for 12 months.
    Mayank[6:59:19 PM]Is it fine?
    You[6:59:35 PM]yes that is fine"

On a side note eir support makes me want to kill myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭geotrig

trying to figure out what version of prime I have UK/IRL ? anyway to tell or check a programme that is not available on the irish one that i can check out?

geotrig wrote: »
    trying to figure out what version of prime I have UK/IRL ? anyway to tell or check a programme that is not available on the irish one that i can check out?

If you're using Prime Video then your content is not UK, if you managed to get them to activate it on your Firestick then you've the UK Content.

Afaik there is no Irish content, there is just non UK content(likely due to licensing rules/geoblocking) so you could be an expat/similar in any country using Prime Video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭geotrig

If you're using Prime Video then your content is not UK, if you managed to get them to activate it on your Firestick then you've the UK Content.

Afaik there is no Irish content, there is just non UK content(likely due to licensing rules/geoblocking) so you could be an expat/similar in any country using Prime Video.

ah ok,dont have or use a firestick , i was just wondering as my amazon account has always been set up as a uk one but have never used prime.
    I thought it might be just easy to check a programme that was available in the uk but not to us here, there seems to be a good amount of content on there from the brief glimpse I had anyway

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    ah ok,dont have or use a firestick , i was just wondering as my amazon account has always been set up as a uk one but have never used prime.
    I thought it might be just easy to check a programme that was available in the uk but not to us here, there seems to be a good amount of content on there from the brief glimpse I had anyway

I haven't used Primevideo in such a long time. When I did I bumped into a lot of Error 5505 or similar which is basically geoblocking.

I'm sure there might be a list out there somewhere like people who compile lists of US Netflix Vs UK/Aus/Norway etc

Advertisement