Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

abff wrote: »
    Hardly surprising that they don’t care. Most of them can barely think.

That's the spirit

Run people down

And you wonder why there is a backlash across the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Ah, yes. More moronic baseless opinions.

But...
    According to the 2018 General Social Survey Trump supporters score higher on verbal ability tests, and better than most science knowledge questions, compared to Hillary Clinton supporters.

Also…
    On the 22 General Social Surveys using the verbal ability scale since 1974, for every single one, conservative Republicans score significantly higher than the rest of the public combined. As for Republicans overall, they score significantly higher in verbal ability than Democrats in all five decades, including for the 2010s combined.

Now, here’s something one can take to the bank. Most bigots are also ignorant as well.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

notobtuse wrote: »
    Ah, yes. More moronic baseless opinions.

But...
    According to the 2018 General Social Survey Trump supporters score higher on verbal ability tests, and better than most science knowledge questions, compared to Hillary Clinton supporters.

Also…

Now, here’s something one can take to the bank. Most bigots are also ignorant as well.

Here's another one from 2018:

According to Pew, 54 percent of college graduates either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, compared to 39 percent who identified or leaned Republican.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Here's another one from 2018:

According to Pew, 54 percent of college graduates either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, compared to 39 percent who identified or leaned Republican.

Curiouser and curiouser.

A piece of paper does not automatically make one smarter.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

A piece of paper does not automatically make one smarter.

Indeed. It may or may not indicate intelligence but it most certainly indicates one is more informed.

• Advertisement

Indeed. It may or may not indicate intelligence but it most certainly indicates one is more informed.
    Not necessarily. There are many people who would be considered to be more informed that don’t have that piece of payer. Are democrats more educated on average? Data seems to indicate so. But I wouldn’t necessarily say they are all more intelligent, smarter or more informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not necessarily. There are many people who would be considered to be more informed that don’t have that piece of payer. Are democrats more educated on average? Data seems to indicate so. But I wouldn’t necessarily say they are all more intelligent, smarter or more informed.

well of course YOU wouldn't.

well of course YOU wouldn't.
    Of course. I live in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You would think after three years of being wrong about Trump-Russia collusion, and being laughed out of the Senate for even trying to impeach a President with no proof that he has done something impeachable, leftists not be running around calling others dumb, but this week that's all they seem to be doing. Have they any self awareness? I guess not.

Ivanka beautifully and aptly called out Don Lemon recently over such condescending sneering:

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1222126462347681793

As for the video posted earlier as somehow being proof that Trump voters are dumb, sure videos can be found of either side saying stupid stuff for heaven sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

They were great and wonderful when voting for Obama though?

Did you see the state of Nancy tearing up Trump's speech last night? Pathetic but I guess when everything's going against you, some people just lash out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They were great and wonderful when voting for Obama though?

Did you see the state of Nancy tearing up Trump's speech last night? Pathetic but I guess when everything's going against you, some people just lash out.

Now I'm no Pelosi Defender, but I think she just had too much apple juice beforehand.

Did you see the state of Trump refusing to shake Pelosi's hand last night? Pathetic but I guess when everything's going against you, some people just lash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Ivanka Trump calling people "elites".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Of course they're not all smarter, intelligent or more informed. And of course you have smart people who haven't gone to college.

However, on average, the pool of those who went to third level education will be more informed. Which is what the poster meant in the above, before you came along with 'not all X!'

Penn wrote: »
    Now I'm no Pelosi Defender, but I think she just had too much apple juice beforehand.

Did you see the state of Trump refusing to shake Pelosi's hand last night? Pathetic but I guess when everything's going against you, some people just lash out.

What's going against him? The impeachment shambles comes to an end today, the Dems have ballsed up the start of their race, nothing they've shovelled so far seems to have stuck and he's looking like he's in a nice position for the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I just wish I was as sophisticated, liberal and progressive as you !

so brave and daring !!

Pelosi's toys well and truly out of her pram.

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1224930652052770816

“It was the courteous thing to do considering the alternative.”

What was the alternative? :confused:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-51330442/iowa-caucus-we-voted-for-obama-then-trump

Look at these people, they had the correct opinions in 2008/12 ... then for some reason between 2012-2016 they became racist fascist sexist bigots!!!

This is the attitude that has Trump winning and winning and WINNING!!!

Democrats could have fixed their party and won this year, instead they have doubled down on their nonsense - the treatment of Tulsi Gabbard is a prime example of this.

Democrats didn't like her as she could have Trump voters voting for her - so she is rotten right ?
    How else can you swing things ? surely you want to turn voters ? - it really is baffling.

Democrats didn't like her as she could have Trump voters voting for her - so she is rotten right ?
    How else can you swing things ? surely you want to turn voters ? - it really is baffling.

If the Democrats put forward another woman they might as well skip the election in November.

Either way she isn't a serious candidate and never was, she got 14 votes in Iowa.

Nationally she is polling less than Steyer around 1-2%.

Boggles wrote: »
    If the Democrats put forward another woman they might as well skip the election in November.

Either way she isn't a serious candidate and never was, she got 14 votes in Iowa.

Nationally she is polling less than Steyer around 1-2%.

My point is more the reasons they were attacking her, I'm not saying Gabbard is the answer or would beat Trump - but you need someone to get those Obama->Trump voters back to Dem.

• Advertisement

My point is more the reasons they were attacking her, I'm not saying Gabbard is the answer or would beat Trump - but you need someone to get those Obama->Trump voters back to Dem.

Just as important as getting swing votes back is to get people out voting, she wouldn't do that and it's debatable she would be anyway electable given what she is and her poll numbers.

But to get "votes back" you do it with a Moderate like Biden, he is the only one who ticks the requisite amount of boxes.

He is on paper the best of a very average bunch.

But who knows, it could be an unknown "Gay Mayor" who gets the nod, no one anticipated Trump.

image.png

Genius. Really.

Trump spent 80 minutes bullshíttíng.

She get's all the headlines for ripping up some sheets of paper.

Pure genius, getting her name branded alongside "loser"... pure genius

Pure genius, getting her name branded alongside "loser"... pure genius

She is on the cover of the New York Post towering over a confused looking Trump tearing up his speech.

Like I said, absolute genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭ebbsy

They are winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

ebbsy wrote: »
    They are winners.

Who are winners?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Who are winners?

Work it out.

I just wish I was as sophisticated, liberal and progressive as you !

so brave and daring !!
    The fact that I can string more than five words together in a sentence must make his head explode. Viva la duct tape.

• Advertisement

Pelosi's toys well and truly out of her pram.

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/1224930652052770816
    Was Pelosi tearing up Trump’s speech or the US Constitution?

So she ripped up a speech filled with the most successful accounts of a presidency, ever, including accomplishments for blue-collar workers, people of color, and America as a whole. Pelosi actions were shameful beyond measure and she made a mockery of her position and of Congress.

Pelosi is either the most juvenile Speaker ever, stupid, suffering from dementia, or afraid of Sanders winning the DNC primary and secretly working to reelect Trump. Take your pick.

Advertisement