Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Indo has €25 off €100 spend in Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

0VUjBVA.png

8uyrb2O.png

15DyW7p.png

KnZgGTT.png

alNMSSg.png
    Considerable amount more on their website - https://centra.ie/offers?category_id=512

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Anyone know how much the slabs of Guinness are in Dunnes? it might be worth my while getting the voucher in today's paper

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

casio4 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much the slabs of Guinness are in Dunnes? it might be worth my while getting the voucher in today's paper

Was €27 for 24 cans 2 days ago anyway...

Currently €20 for 24 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

and Dunnes have e25 off e100 vouchers in today's hard copy Indo, noticed in the work canteen earlier though someone had beat me to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

casio4 wrote: »

What paper do you get those in?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

What paper do you get those in?

As above

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    As above

Sunday world will next Sunday too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    As above

Valid until Monday the 9th December.
    Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Can you use the €10 saved vouchers against Hennessy (2 for 52 would be = 2 for €42.) €21 each which is unbelievable value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

joeysoap wrote: »
    Can you use the €10 saved vouchers against Hennessy (2 for 52 would be = 2 for €42.) €21 each which is unbelievable value

Yes you can and yes it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Is this officially the last Christmas of cheap booze?

I haven't been keeping track of the new law.

I have like a Brexit stockpile of booze, but would move to full on zombie apocalypse stockage it this is the end of deals..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ben Done wrote: »

I have like a Brexit stockpile of booze, but would move to full on zombie apocalypse stockage it this is the end of deals..

If the Government enact the legislation before the election, yes.

They failed to do so before the last election and its taken nearly 4 years for it to reappear, so...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

In the case of the ban on the sale of alcohol in conjunction with loyalty schemes, meal deals and short-term discounting, there will be a 12 month lead-in time, once enacted, to give the supermarkets time to prepare. As this hasn't been enacted yet (waiting on EC approval), I think next Christmas is safe at this stage.

With regards to MUP, it's anyone's guess, but it won't be enacted before the next election. Again there's likely to be a lead-in time of at least several months so I don't think we'll have to worry about it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

joeysoap wrote: »

did this last week, felt like I was robbing the place ;)

Parcel motel and customs. Was totally up front with customs and my bottle is now on route.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 086MARIAN

tinner777 wrote: »
    did this last week, felt like I was robbing the place ;)

Parcel motel and customs. Was totally up front with customs and my bottle is now on route.

Did you purchase alcohol through Parcel Motel? Was there much hassle involved? I would love to buy some through amazon but fearful it might not receive it.. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

From reading the law there are various ways they can still give you cheap booze, but you will likely have to buy some other product or higher quality alcohol you would not ordinarily buy.
    e.g. a twin boxset of jameson standard and 18 year old, the bottles may have to be different from regular retail ones though.

It seems meal deals can still be sold, as long as the items are not sold separately in the shop on their own.

You have to remember this IS NOT A TAX, many presume it is. The retailer is going to be making ludicrous profits (if wholesalers or breweries put up the price they will simply import), therefore they can afford to compete with one another. If this was an increase in excise that would not be the case, even if some oddballs out there are convinced supermarkets can indefinitely absorb excise hikes no matter what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

086MARIAN wrote: »
    Did you purchase alcohol through Parcel Motel? Was there much hassle involved? I would love to buy some through amazon but fearful it might not receive it.. 🤔

Hi,

there's no hassle as such, buy it, get it sent to your parcel motel.

I've a few bottles that came in a larger box (one bottle plus other stuff) with no problem. The one that was sent to customs was quite obviously a large bottle, labelled with fragile on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Just got a text from Supervalu -
    From Sunday, Heineken/Guinness/Coors/Carlsberg/Bud 24pk cans only €20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Dunnes have 20 bottles of Heineken for €15, €12 if you are spending €50 and have a voucher. Ridiculous value really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

jos28 wrote: »

With shop and save vouchers out it’s time to clean out the shops people

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Just after leaving Dunnes, the Hennessy 700ml is €25.
    Advertised on flyer earlier @€;26 ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dunnes baileys 70cl tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Zackary Salmon Bongo

OmegaGene wrote: »
    With shop and save vouchers out it’s time to clean out the shops people

Yup, I did three separate transactions in SuperValu today, all with €10 off vouchers.

They are giving €10 off when you buy 6 bottles of wine and once you bring to shop over €50 you can use a €10 off Rewards voucher to bring it down more.

In one run I got 3 slabs for €50, 69c a can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Yup, I did three separate transactions in SuperValu today, all with €10 off vouchers.

They are giving €10 off when you buy 6 bottles of wine and once you bring to shop over €50 you can use a €10 off Rewards voucher to bring it down more.

In one run I got 3 slabs for €50, 69c a can!

Hi, has anyone used the €10 off €50 text message code more than once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Zackary Salmon Bongo

Hi, has anyone used the €10 off €50 text message code more than once?

Our vouchers carne in the post, tried to use one a second time in the self checkout and it got rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I went shopping today and was surprised to see Bulmers included in that deal. You don't always see cider reduced that much

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I went shopping today and was surprised to see Bulmers included in that deal. You don't always see cider reduced that much
    a few years ago it would be 18 bulmers at the same price as 24 of the others.

I think it is due to all the new competitors bulmers have, rockshore cider, orchard thieves, applemans.

tesco Bulmers Light 50Cl Can
    Special OfferAny 24 For 24.00
    valid from 30/10/2019 until 26/11/2019

the guinness has gone up, very odd to have a single day offer
    Guinness Draught Can 500Ml
    Special OfferAny 24 For 24.00 Save 23.76
    valid from 25/11/2019 until 26/11/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Bulmers was cheap last season too

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

TheDriver wrote: »
    Dunnes baileys 70cl tenner

Between this and the Hennessey, not forgetting the slabs and the vouchers, Dunnes are leading the way so far!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement