Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FireWire to new Mac books

• 20-10-2020 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. Has anyone tried to connect an old dv camcorder to a new MacBook with thunderbolt c ports?;It seems you have to buy two adapters to plug into each other. One from the camera with a thunderbolt at the other end that then connects to another apple cable with thunderbolt c. Has anyone tried this? I have one cable but wondering about spending 50 euro on a second adapter that might not work. Thanks for any consideration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Haven't really got a solution for you but just my experience on this... I Realised I had the same problem a while back after getting a 2017 iMac. In the end I realised I could connect my dv camera to my 2012 MacBook via firewire and even then it didn't work very well with Catalina - Audio skipping/dropouts and out of sync all the time. In the end I did a fresh install of Maverick OS on to an external HD and booted from there to make it work and I seem to remember just using Quicktime to capture the footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vinnyflynn

Simon201 wrote: »
    Haven't really got a solution for you but just my experience on this... I Realised I had the same problem a while back after getting a 2017 iMac. In the end I realised I could connect my dv camera to my 2012 MacBook via firewire and even then it didn't work very well with Catalina - Audio skipping/dropouts and out of sync all the time. In the end I did a fresh install of Maverick OS on to an external HD and booted from there to make it work and I seem to remember just using Quicktime to capture the footage.

Thank you Simon. Appreciate your reply. Looks like I'm still going to have to flip a coin m see if I buy the second cable

Advertisement