Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Localised Is Facebook Advertising ?

• 16-07-2020 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I've never done a Facebook advertisment before.

Can one narrow Facebook advert impressions by ...
    County ?
    Town ?
    Region ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

eirman wrote: »
    I've never done a Facebook advertisment before.

Can one narrow Facebook advert impressions by ...
    County ?
    Town ?
    Region ?

Yes you can narrow it down by geographical area, I found it effective and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

That's the information I needed!

Many thanks to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I shared a Facebook post from a local small business with a family member in the UK this week, and the link wouldn't work for them at all. They couldn't see the post or the page. So it looks like there was some kind of geoblocking in place - hadn't see that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I shared a Facebook post from a local small business with a family member in the UK this week, and the link wouldn't work for them at all. They couldn't see the post or the page. So it looks like there was some kind of geoblocking in place - hadn't see that before.

Not all facebook posts are seen by your friends

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

newman10 wrote: »
    Not all facebook posts are seen by your friends

It's not about whether the post was seen. I sent the URLs for the page and for the post to a family member in the UK, and neither URL worked over there. He searched for the business by name, and couldn't find it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Facebook business pages, by default, are only visible in the country they are set to. You can change this in settings for the business page.

Advertisement