Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

bazzz wrote: »
    Had you removed the original screen protector that came fitted on the S10+ ?
    If not it might only be a scratch on the protector.
    The trade-in for the plus should get more, but as I ,mentioned earlier in this thread.... I'd love for Samsung to explain the logic there.

Yeah it fell apart on me after a few months, the scratch is on the screen itself. Doesn't impact usability but I doubt Samsung would accept it as it is visible when the phone isn't in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Pretty sure I'll be getting the full trade in price. I still have the protector on and it's only in use since November. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,608 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

8k sample

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    i know this is probably a stupid question ... but if i'm still in contract with eir with my s10 ..is it then locked to them? can I just trade it in for the s20?

The phone is not locked to eir,yes you can trade it in with Samsung to get the latest model,but you will still be in contract with eir for your phone bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

chrisire wrote: »
    The phone is not locked to eir,yes you can trade it in with Samsung to get the latest model,but you will still be in contract with eir for your phone bill.

Actually just on that topic, since dual SIM phones have to be sold network unlocked by default do they still come with network specific software, i.e. splash screen on boot, bloat apps etc?

Testament1 wrote: »
    Actually just on that topic, since dual SIM phones have to be sold network unlocked by default do they still come with network specific software, i.e. splash screen on boot, bloat apps etc?

I know eir don't anymore,don't know about the other networks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I currently have a Huawei mate 20 pro, I'm presuming the p40 pro won't be released in Ireland, and I don't like apple products which leave me looking at the s20.

Would the s20 be much of an upgrade over the mate 20?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

jay28 wrote: »
    I currently have a Huawei mate 20 pro, I'm presuming the p40 pro won't be released in Ireland, and I don't like apple products which leave me looking at the s20.

Would the s20 be much of an upgrade over the mate 20?

Cheers

Here's a spec comparison, see if that helps you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

I know eir don't anymore,don't know about the other networks

Typically yes. You can flash it to stock using oden. Doesn't affect warranty or knox seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

so...the true optical lens on the s20 ultra is 4x which is upgraded to 10x hybrid optical via software....and seemingly the regular s20 3x hybrid optical has no true optical element at all, its 1x upgraded via software to a 3x hybrid optical......this isn't me saying it in a negative way, i have full faith in samsung that the 10x hybrid optical will be amazing, very impressive what can be done via software if it is....looking forward to reviews of the camera.....wonder how battery life holds up, big as it is it's powering a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Which one are ye going for?
    I'm very inclined for the s20 ultra its huge bigger then s10plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Preordered the S20+. I think the S20 Ultra would be too big for me

ldr wrote: »
    Which one are ye going for?
    I'm very inclined for the s20 ultra its huge bigger then s10plus.

Went for the s20+,Ultra seems a little too big

I can't make my mind up wether to go for the + or ultra, I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

jay28 wrote:
    I can't make my mind up wether to go for the + or ultra, I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it.

Would the better camera influence your decision?

kilsmum wrote: »
    Would the better camera influence your decision?

Yes it would, and so would the larger battery, however it is the size that bothers me, I have a mate 20 pro and it the perfect size for me, even the s20+ is slightly larger than my mate 20, the ultra is larger again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Went for the s20+,Ultra seems a little too big

I'm getting the ultra. The case arrived already and dropped my current s10 plus into it. It's a tiny difference. One you'd be hard set to actually notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Reati wrote:
    I'm getting the ultra. The case arrived already and dropped my current s10 plus into it. It's a tiny difference. One you'd be hard set to actually notice.

Where did the order the case Reati?

I have an S10+ as my current phone and would love the Ultra. The size was putting me off. The battery life and camera were what attracted me.

Kilsmum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The ultra is basically a 7" tablet you can make phone calls with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭jones

Thinking of preordering the S20+ the Ultra is just a little too big for me i think.

One question is anyone getting this through flexi-fi? It's approximately €75 a month for 12 months (and i think another tenner for the order) for €879 value. I have a Samsung S8+ in good nick to trade in so i'm seriously tempted. S8+ starting to show its age particularly in regards to the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Reati wrote: »

Did you trade in your s10+

im set on the ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I went with the S20+. Upgrading from the S10 so quite a big jump in size. Giving it a day or two useage to trial before deciding whether I will keep it or return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

jones wrote: »
    One question is anyone getting this through flexi-fi?

I've pre-ordered the S20 Ultra using Flex-Fi. Quick and painless process and approved within an hour

So it was a toss up between the ultra and the +, just ordered the ultra, hopefully the size won't be a problem.

What protective cases have you bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

I've ordered the otterbox sym case and also the quadlock case, otterbox arrived today in the post.

Does anyone know if the s20 ultra is dual SIM or single sim? I never thought of asking when ordering.

Does anyone know if the s20 ultra is dual SIM or single sim? I never thought of asking when ordering.
    They're all dual sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

As far as I know they are dual sim, I read it somewhere. Just can't remember the source.

Advertisement