Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Line Follower Robot - Arduino & L298

• 17-04-2016 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hey, can you point me in the right direction to program this bot? I'm using five QDR1114 sensors. Hardware is working properly, 4v or greater detects black, less than that detects white, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭zg3409

street wrote: »
    Hey, can you point me in the right direction to program this bot? I'm using five QDR1114 sensors. Hardware is working properly, 4v or greater detects black, less than that detects white, thanks.

What inputs are the sensors connected to?
    Which sensor is which input?
    What outputs are the motors connected to?

Did you buy it as a kit? link?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

zg3409 wrote: »
    What inputs are the sensors connected to?
    Which sensor is which input?
    What outputs are the motors connected to?

Did you buy it as a kit? link?

Thanks zg3409, sorry for the late reply.. I managed to get the line follower working after some more research. I used an Arduino Uno and this motor driver shield http://www.dfrobot.com/wiki/index.php/Arduino_Motor_Shield_%28L293%29_%28SKU:_DRI0001%29 Used Analog inputs 1-5 for sensors e.g Sensor 1 to A1 (leftmost sensor), Sensor 3 to A3 (middle sensor) and Sensor 5 to A5 (rightmost sensor). PWM from arduino output pins 5 and 6 and motor direction from pins 4 and 7 (digital pins) .

Advertisement