Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 for unlimited internet usage

• 15-01-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

So I have my galaxy s2 for the last few months on the €30 a month package that gives me 1gb of Internet. Last month I went over and this month I have burned through 400mb in 5 days as we don't have Internet at home. I upgraded to unlimited for an extra 15 a month. At the rate I'm using it its probably best so I don't have to keep tabs on it. Anyone find this option better for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Nope. 20Mbit cable is miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you sign up with Three, you can get unlimited data plus unlimited texts, plus free wk/e calls for €20 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

stevoman wrote: »
    So I have my galaxy s2 for the last few months on the €30 a month package that gives me 1gb of Internet. Last month I went over and this month I have burned through 400mb in 5 days as we don't have Internet at home. I upgraded to unlimited for an extra 15 a month. At the rate I'm using it its probably best so I don't have to keep tabs on it. Anyone find this option better for them?

As the previous poster said, 3 offer unlimited data with a 20 EUR top up.

See here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=164321
    Top up bundles:
    • €20 Top up: €20 credit and unlimited data and unlimited any network texts and unlimited anytime 3 to 3 calls and unlimited any network weekend calls and unlimited Skype calls. All except regular credit apply for 30 days.

Outside above bundles:
    • Domestic calls: 29.48 cent per minute plus 9.15 cent per call.
    • Domestic Texts: 12.20 cent per text.
    • International Texts: 13 cent per text (EU) or 25 cent per text (non EU).
    • Webtexts: 333 free domestic webtexts per month.
    • Data: 99 cent per MB or €4.99 for 500 MB with opt-in paid add on.
    • 3 give customers 'free roaming' at domestic rates in several countries including the UK. This means, for example, you can use your domestic data allowance while roaming on 3 UK. The product is called '3 like home'.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ITDemo

Would you guys recommend three/3?

That deals sounds amazing! But I have heard mixed reports about them, mostly bad to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

ITDemo wrote: »

That deals sounds amazing! But I have heard mixed reports about them, mostly bad to be honest.
    Been with them for year now and cant fault them. Changed from prepay 3 to bill 3 and both are flawless. Great speed and unlimited usage for datd were most important factors for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

'Unlimited' actually means 15GB a month. Can't fault Three either. Never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

+1

As a regular poster on the Three forum, with good comments and bad comments, I can say that there is 95% positive things said from me about them, and 5% bad. They are miles ahead compared to other networks, in my opinion.

Give them a go, I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

'Unlimited' actually means 15GB a month. Can't fault Three either. Never had a problem.

I have unlimited from Three and it actually is unlimited.

However I signed up to the €40 a month bundle with the free galaxy 2 (which I lost :( )

Does anyone know if I can switch down to the lower tariff?

• I'm with three. For smartphones, there's no better network.

I actually got a call from a vodaphone rep trying to get me back on their network. They asked me how much do I top up by now, and I said, "Twenty euro a month". They then asked me, "What do I get for that?" I said, "Free texts to any network, free calls to any network at weekends, free 3 to 3 calls and unlimited data." He then told me to stick with three. It's an unbeatable deal at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rommy

This sounds great i think ill get in on this deal 3 seem great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sounds excellent, think I will get this deal also!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

3 do seem to be doing a great deal but I'm on contract with meteor until September's so I can't change to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Try before you commit.
    If you can get good coverage where you need it, happy days.

I have found quite a few issues with their network in certain areas of Dublin but then again other areas are fine. I tried raising it with them but it never went anywhere.

If something goes wrong, their customer service is nothing short of abysmal - both the Irish and India centres. No-one will take accountability, if your issue doesn't fit into the script you will simply hit a brick wall, you'll be fobbed off the phone as a matter of urgency and any promised call backs never materialise.

A look over at their forum here on boards will show I am by no means alone in my experiences.

But again, try it out for yourself - you may be one of the lucky ones who get great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I really want this offer and will cancel my meteor bill for it ( bill pay lite)

a few questions though. After the month of free everything , will i need to top again straight away to keep getting the offer,

or can i wait till my remaining credit goes because i'm never going to use 20 quid a month with that offer.

Is this offer for life , or will it end in a year/ 6 months

Also what are network speeds like in the City Centre and Country Side (i'm a commuter)

Cheers Ken

Ah brilliant thanks for all the feedback, sounds really good!
    Does anyone know if their prepay plans work on an unlocked phone?

I presume they would but it says "See mobiles on this plan".
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

Also, do I have to top-up every 30 days, or can I leave a gap in between top ups?

Thanks again!

P.S Sorry for kind of hijacking thread, just good responses here :)

• My phone is unlocked (from meteor) and not listed there, and I still get the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Also, do I have to top-up every 30 days, or can I leave a gap in between top ups?

Thanks again!

The package works on all phones including unlocked phones.

You can leave gaps between the top ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

3 National Broadband Scheme - how do I escalate a complaint?

^^^ONE of many many many similar Threads. Try before you buy.

Thanks for the answers lads, really appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 casandra

You guys are so lucky, here in Gran Canaria Vodafone charge E35 for 2GB, with care, no downloading, lasts about 16 days !!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Thanks again!

You can leave gaps, but make sure you buy a 500MB bundle for €5 once AYCE expires - internet is charged at 99c/MB outside of a bundle so a youtube video could set you back a few euro in credit.

Also, on prepay, the internet will not work in areas of no 3G coverage (of which there are many). Only calls and texts outside 3G.

Finally if you travel up North at all, the 3-UK network is practically non-existant outside Belfast/Newry and you can only use 3-UK on prepay.

Advertisement