Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arduino & Ardumoto schematic diagram

• 01-11-2015 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hi, I'm building an arduino-based line follower and need to draw up a schematic for the circuit.

I've had some experience with Cadstar which has an arduino shield rev3 .scm template, but I'm unsure of how to go about incorporating the ardumoto shield into the schematic. I'll need to show connections from the arduino to the ardumoto shield, and also connections from the ardumoto to the motors it'll be driving. Any help you could give would be great, thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

street wrote: »
    Hi, I'm building an arduino-based line follower and need to draw up a schematic for the circuit.

I've had some experience with Cadstar which has an arduino shield rev3 .scm template, but I'm unsure of how to go about incorporating the ardumoto shield into the schematic. I'll need to show connections from the arduino to the ardumoto shield, and also connections from the ardumoto to the motors it'll be driving. Any help you could give would be great, thanks.

I didn't explain that very well.. I need to draw a schematic diagram which shows Arduino and ardumoto I/O pins and power connections (not the entire shields), connections to motors, and to other components that will be on veroboard. What would be the best way to implement that in Cadstar for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

I didn't explain that very well.. I need to draw a schematic diagram which shows Arduino and ardumoto I/O pins and power connections (not the entire shields), connections to motors, and to other components that will be on veroboard. What would be the best way to implement that in Cadstar for example?

I don't know about Cadstar. I use "Fritzing" it ties in well with arduino
    link here, its open source and easy to get into in.
    Fritzing is an open source software initiative to support designers and artists ready to move from physical prototyping to actual product. It was developed at the University of Applied Sciences of Potsdam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzing

Keplar240B wrote: »
    I don't know about Cadstar. I use "Fritzing" it ties in well with arduino
    link here, its open source and easy to get into in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzing

Thanks a lot Keplar, yeah I'm aware of Fritzing but haven't used it before. The schematic I'm drawing up is for a college project and I'm not sure if Fritzing would look "professional" enough. Still, it's the best/only way I can think of to incorporate everything atm. Thanks again for your input, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Probably too late but how about orcad?

Jambo wrote: »
    Probably too late but how about orcad?

Thanks Jambo, I'll check out orcad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

You normally need to use the same software that the 'supplied' schematic used.
    For Ardumoto there seems to be schematic files in Eagle schematic format:
    http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-ardumoto

So you would need to install Eagle (Free with limitations) and you should probably be able to get an eagle schematic for the Arduino. If you have never used such software there is a steep learning curve, but Eagle has some good guides online. Ideally you should try get help from an Eagle expert to hand hold you through the process, or else spend a few dozen hours learning the basics from online guides.

You could also recreate the entire schematic using a package that someone you know uses, such as a package used by your college. For someone who knows what their doing, it would not take long.

zg3409 wrote: »
    You normally need to use the same software that the 'supplied' schematic used.
    For Ardumoto there seems to be schematic files in Eagle schematic format:
    http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-ardumoto

So you would need to install Eagle (Free with limitations) and you should probably be able to get an eagle schematic for the Arduino. If you have never used such software there is a steep learning curve, but Eagle has some good guides online. Ideally you should try get help from an Eagle expert to hand hold you through the process, or else spend a few dozen hours learning the basics from online guides.

You could also recreate the entire schematic using a package that someone you know uses, such as a package used by your college. For someone who knows what their doing, it would not take long.

Thanks zg3409 :)

Advertisement