Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen dogs found in Rathkeale

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We will never forget what you did Enda Kenny

Never

I don't think it made any difference really.

If *anyone* steals a dog, and I mean anyone, as the law currently stands, what's the worst that can happen?

No insult to people that love their dogs, but it's a dog, maybe a dog that you foolishly bought for an inflated price, but not the crown jewels.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

El Sueño wrote: »
    Why no arrests? If I steal someone's property I assume I'll be prosecuted for it

File to DPP and by then they will be back in England with the dogs that were NOT discovered. Awful stuff really, those poor dogs, the buyers are worse though.

I don't think it made any difference really.

If *anyone* steals a dog, and I mean anyone, as the law currently stands, what's the worst that can happen?

No insult to people that love their dogs, but it's a dog, maybe a dog that you bought for an inflated price, but not the crown jewels.

Enda Kenny bestowed "ethnic status" on Travellers, most of whom are total scumbags. Dogs are just a side event for them.

Worst thing a Taoiseach could ever have done IMO. But there we are. They can hide under the umbrella of ethnicity. Not good, no matter what ethnic cohort you belong to, you must obey the law of the land. But but, racism, culture you know the rest.

CAB is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That ethnic thing should be cancelled overnight but it won’t be in fear of a stern opinion piece on the Irish times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

screamer wrote: »
    No mention of rathkeale in the rte post, was it mentioned earlier?
    Am I surprised not at all, travellers were stealing dogs when I was a child, it’s nothing new, but again, we shouldn’t tar them all with the same brush.

Gardai released the location on their fb and insta posts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

No mention of rathkeale in the rte post, was it mentioned earlier?
    Am I surprised not at all, travellers were stealing dogs when I was a child, it’s nothing new, but again, we shouldn’t tar them all with the same brush.

From the RTE article in the opening post:

“The dogs, including Labradors, Springer Spaniels and Huskies, were found after gardaí searched a property in Rathkeale on Saturday evening.”

Ethnic means scumbag in most cases with Travellers.

Has Pavee Point made a statement yet? How much money do we donate via taxes to that organisation who support the Travellers and Roma ad nauseum. Sorry now, await a ban, but honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Killinator

Why no arrests? If I steal someone's property I assume I'll be prosecuted for it

The articles only state a property was searched.
    They do not specify if it was a field, farm yard, shed or house.
    Even if it was a house there's nothing to indicate anyone was home at the time the search took place.

That ethnic thing should be cancelled overnight but it won’t be in fear of a stern opinion piece on the Irish times

Never going to happen now. Our media is muzzling us anyway. I really don't know what their agenda is. Surely they are as outraged as the rest of us with this kind of thing, not to mention other stuff.

As I said before, CAB are not afraid of them. But even there the reports will not mention Travellers. But we all fekin know. It is an insult to our intelligence really now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭mikemac2

biko wrote: »
    Poor Pavee Point must be tearing their hair out.
    "FFS guys - stop stealing stuff. You're not helping!"

Not realy

Pavee Point would spin it into societies fault, why do you marginalise them Biko ?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Esse85 wrote: »
    No arrests made, typical.
    Just because there were no arrests now doesn't mean there won't be any later.
    The DPP can prosecute in a week, or a month.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I swear ta god your honor they followed me home. Little bridgy gave um milk and a bread so she did. Only for I off da road I'd of drove um back.

Anyone who mistreats people in their rural homes and animals are just scumbags IMV, and honestly they have done both in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I have to agree with you there. EK enabled that cohort to hide behind ethnicity, and everyone is terrified of challenging them, even the Garda now.

They rely on ethnicity being commensurate with race, but it is not, not at all, but that doesn't matter, we are still not allowed to call these scumbags Travellers. That's what they wanted, but when it doesn't suit them they call the racist card.

Is there any media or commentator out there who will have the cojones to call this out at all?

Only thing that seemed to work was CAB.

Enda was under pressure from the coalition labour party to grant the tinkers ethnic status, plus he knew it would win him favour with the media who never really liked him, politicians have unwritten agreements with media, in exchange for favourable press,they deliver on issues important to the media class, (direct provision is the latest one )

Enda isn't some green party or social democrats tosser who has zero experience with tinkers,he was a rural TD which makes what he did even more cynical

It's indeed designed to provide immunity from criticism and prosecution, the tinkers needed it, such is the degree to which they're immersed in crime

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’m surprised they even mentioned Rathkeake.

Any comment from Pavey Point?

The dogs were just resting in their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Never going to happen now. Our media is muzzling us anyway. I really don't know what their agenda is. Surely they are as outraged as the rest of us with this kind of thing, not to mention other stuff.

Sure they have many defenders on boards.
    They won't come into this thread yet, because it's so obvious who did this.....
    But some posters will just report all the posts until the thread is closed. The mods will just bottle it and close up shop shortly.

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Sure they have many defenders on boards.
    They won't come into this thread yet, because it's so obvious who did this.....
    But some posters will just report all the posts until the thread is closed. The mods will just bottle it and close up shop shortly.

Indeed. Cannot mention the Traveller word ever here. But so far so good.

We have not been using bad language or anything, just saying it as we all know it to be. But that is not allowed because the dog thieves were in Rathkeale, the bastion of caravans. So heaven forbid that might be associated with Travellers. Anyone can see it.

I'll give it a few hours and see if the thread is still open. Just like the media. I wonder what drives them to deny what is in front of their faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Edgware wrote: »
    And throwing paint over Luke Kelly statues

Every time theres a crime super obviously committed by travellers or the perpetually unemployed, I feel like somebody sits in RTE and goes 'don't put that in there, the perpetrator could be anyone and pictures 'Brian, 35, Manager of a tile shop , drives a 2010 Ford Focus and lives in Ongar' , damn you Brian'

The gas thing is that we as taxpayers are supporting Pavee Point and the Roma rump on there. Is it any wonder people are annoyed.

Where is the Pavee P spokesperson now. Nowhere to be seen, but still getting funding and enjoying it no doubt. Time to fight back is now. CAB is doing a great job and long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The gas thing is that we as taxpayers are supporting Pavee Point and the Roma rump on there. Is it any wonder people are annoyed.

Where is the Pavee P spokesperson now. Nowhere to be seen, but still getting funding and enjoying it no doubt. Time to fight back is now. CAB is doing a great job and long may it continue.

probably drink driving again :pac:

before anyone says it :
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/advocate-of-travellers-rights-gets-driving-ban-26405074.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Not realy

Pavee Point would spin it into societies fault, why do you marginalise them Biko ?? :(

Always find the PP approach disgraceful...The segment of society they represent are afforded the same opportunities as settled folks...Education, social payments(Back to School, Childrens Allowance etc)...But their parents don't see a value in education, so until that changes, things will remain the as they currently are

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    ..But their parents don't see a value in education, so until that changes, things will remain the as they currently are

This.
    With education this 'culture' of otherness and ignorance would have collapsed years ago. Children are kept uneducated to keep them from integrating with wider society.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Always find the PP approach disgraceful...The segment of society they represent are afforded the same opportunities as settled folks...Education, social payments(Back to School, Childrens Allowance etc)...But their parents don't see a value in education, so until that changes, things will remain the as they currently are

Their new line of attack is that they were bullied in school so they couldn't complete their education

"Settled community" bullying the travelling people

Yeah that's how I remember it

Not one bit surprised.

However I don't think the LIFFO (Little Ignorant F from Offaly) would do as some Travellers do all the same. But glad he was called out just the same for the same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Their new line of attack is that they were bullied in school so they couldn't complete their education

"Settled community" bullying the travelling people

Yeah that's how I remember it

With the attitudes in here, I can’t imagine many settled people allowing their children to befriend traveller kids. In that scenario, their lack of integration will continue, and it’s not all on them to be fair. Before everyone jumps down my throat my daughter went to school with 2 traveller twins in her class, they never missed a day of school, we’re well turned out every day and had manners that any parent would be proud of. As I said before they’re not all the same, but the blind, tar em all attitude towards them is a huge problem for their integration to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

With the attitudes in here, I can’t imagine many settled people allowing their children to befriend traveller kids. In that scenario, their lack of integration will continue, and it’s not all on them to be fair. Before everyone jumps down my throat my daughter went to school with 2 traveller twins in her class, they never missed a day of school, we’re well turned out every day and had manners that any parent would be proud of. As I said before they’re not all the same, but the blind, tar em all attitude towards them is a huge problem for their integration to society.

Sorry but they are in the minority and it's a small one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A fairly sizable majority are...My sister lives next to settled travelers...The kids go to school and they are very mannerly, 2 of the girls have their eye on going to college...But they are in the minority...I know folks who work in social care & occupational therapy and their stories about issues within traveler families are proper scary

Few want their kids to associate with Travellers. Honestly who would these days.

But that is a Traveller problem not anyone else's really.

The issue is that everyone else is expected to toe the line with Travellers. Nope. They have to do some work also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

Sorry but they are in the minority and it's a small one at that.

This is exactly the attitude that I’m referring to. Discount even the decent travellers trying to make a better life for their children. Awful, really awful.

• Advertisement

The Travelling Community can come across as uneducated and so on, but they are cute as foxes and know what's what.

The rest of us are are just reacting really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement