Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Underfloor heating query

• 02-08-2020 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

My plumber connected my heat pump and started everything up. After a few days there is till no heat in the floors.the flow temp at pump is set to 30deg. The room stats are at 21. The house feels very warm but the floors are cool. Just wondering if this is because it’s warm outside the pump is not heating the floors? Also if the temp was cold outside do the floors automatically heat up to compensate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭blackbox

trevm wrote: »
    My plumber connected my heat pump and started everything up. After a few days there is till no heat in the floors.the flow temp at pump is set to 30deg. The room stats are at 21. The house feels very warm but the floors are cool. Just wondering if this is because it’s warm outside the pump is not heating the floors? Also if the temp was cold outside do the floors automatically heat up to compensate?

If the room is warmer than the set point of 21, why would you expect the floors to be warm.?

Try turning the stats up to max. But don't expect an instant response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭dubrov

I read it that the target temp is 30 and the room thermostat is showing 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭froshtyv

dubrov wrote: »
    I read it that the target temp is 30 and the room thermostat is showing 21.

Water target temp is 30, room air target temp is 21, two very different things.

Advertisement