Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pantera supporting Megadeth countdown to extinction toir dublin

• 15-06-2020 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Best gig I was ever at anyone else there

Tour not touir

Anyone unbelievable gig anyone there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Yep was there

Met Pantera in Virgin Megastore & they signed the back of my ticket

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I got Nick Menzas drumstick !

What a moshfest !!!

(was at the previous gig in the Point also, with The almighty and Alice in Chains)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thebourke

was there too..met pantera in virgin megastore...the place went crazy during this love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setlist from that night .

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Skin o' My Teeth

Hangar 18

Go to Hell

Countdown to Extinction

Lucretia

Sweating Bullets

In My Darkest Hour

Tornado of Souls

Ashes in Your Mouth

Symphony of Destruction

Mechanix

Peace Sells

Encore:
    Anarchy in the U.K.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Probably one of the best ever gigs in the point for me megadeth and pantera with 2 of the best thrash albums of all time unreal show

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

PANTERA set list from that night

1 A New Level

2 Walk

3 Mouth for War

4 This Love

5 ****ing Hostile

6 Cowboys From Hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭cosatron

looks like Pantera are going on tour with the knotfest in south america. Zakk Wylde on guitar with dimebag old guitar tech and gear and the drummer from Anthrax drummer Charlie Benant replacing Vinnie Paul.Will they be any good. the abbots for me were the heart and soul of pantera and i think Rex and Phil should've left it alone but in saying that if they come to dublin ill probably will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

i think they ll do a good job of it, phil is probably doing well financially, but rex on the other hand.....

oh and i hate all attendees of this gig, no im not jealous, i just hate you all equally!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

From an optics perspective, it really should be PA, RB & Friends play Pantera, rather than going by the band name but if they do make it here at some point next year I will 100% go see em. I never had the chance to see the classic line up so this would do instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Was at that gig alright. Still have the stub here on my wall. I'd definitely one of the most memorable gigs for me but it's a toss up between it and the prvious with AIC in support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I was there. My friend and I were getting our tickets inspected at the door when we heard A New Level starting up and we legged it all the way to the front...they were brilliant and far better than Megadeth* that night I thought (I wasn't a huge fan of Countdown tbh and remain so). I saw Pantera in the SFX the following February and they weren't as good.

*Megadeth on the Rust in Peace tour April '91 were incredible though; what a gig that was (The Almighty and AIC supporting)...Priest the night before on the Painkiller tour in the SFX as well (supported by Annihilator) - great couple of days!

I'm not a fan of Anselmo and Rex touring as Pantera either; I seem to remember they were trying to get back together when Dime and Vinnie Paul were alive, who both wanted nothing to do with it. I suppose there are lots of people who'd be keen having never seen them when they were originally together, but not for me.

"Megadeth on the Rust in Peace tour April '91 were incredible though; what a gig that was (The Almighty and AIC supporting"

That was unreal.

I got Nick Menzas drum stick - the 12 hole Docs were great to stick it into to hide it from the others ! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Shred

Ha, nice one! 😀

Actually that reminds me, at least from where I was standing, Menza's left kick wasn't coming through the PA properly...other than that it was phenomenal. There was some other show on the nights before or after it which meant roughly 2 thirds of the Point was seated; the third that wasn't was lively as hell - I can remember plenty of heads were using the staggered separation barriers to launch themselves off of 😆

R.I.P. Menza, what a drummer he was.

Dead right. Yes , there were seats . I can remember heading back a few times for a breather! 😄

I bought a cassette bootleg of it on OConnell bridge a few weeks later on my way to another gig.

Have you seen the price of Docs these days !!!!! They've gone like guitars too, you have Doc Asia and a Doc made in the UK with the wood still in them!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

First gig in the Big Shmoke. Been to a few since but rarely, if ever, bettered.

Advertisement