Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, Xbox One, Stadia, PC)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The decision to hew close, but not too close, to the MCU designs & character appearances remains distracting and detrimental. They should have gone with an aesthetic more unique and singular.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shiminay wrote: »
    Looks very "generic 3rd person action game" tbh, not a whole lot there beyond the official license.

Yep I fear this will be battered next year when the reviews come rolling out.

I fear more I might still buy it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They're going for the trademark MCU dialogue anyway.

Emotional argument about Captain America dying. 4 seconds later, witty banter!

Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Have they tweaked the character models a little? Haven't checked but they look slightly less awful than before, a little less like MCU stunt doubles. Agree about the dialogue styling, as time ticks on my hatred of Joss Whedon slowly increases, for the effect he has had on pop culture and scriptwriting.

The presence of Kamela Khan is a nice surprise though, presume this is an ensemble game, where the player keeps jumping between perspectives and "chapters" featuring different heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I hate the stupid jokes sometimes, a struggling depressed Thor who want's to die... oh lets make fun of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Have they tweaked the character models a little? Haven't checked but they look slightly less awful than before, a little less like MCU stunt doubles. Agree about the dialogue styling, as time ticks on my hatred of Joss Whedon slowly increases, for the effect he has had on pop culture and scriptwriting.

The presence of Kamela Khan is a nice surprise though, presume this is an ensemble game, where the player keeps jumping between perspectives and "chapters" featuring different heroes.
    Yup, IGN have a breakdown of how the mission and character selection works after the Gamescom presentation. It seems a little bit Destiny-ish although they've made it clear that the main campaign is 100% single player only. It also bodes quite well for the "regular content updates" after launch as hopefully they'll bring new side-stories and War Missions with new characters rather than relying on purely aesthetic content. I mean they have a working formula with how the comics treat major events with their tie-in issues for other characters, it'd be a shame if they didn't riff on that a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

that kinda looks good........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dreamers75 wrote: »
    that kinda looks good........

It's what should have been shown from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have faith in Crystal Dynamics, their history gives me that, but i'm still not sold on this. May is a good bit away, so there's still plenty time to get excited.

Has been delayed until September

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm not surprised. When was it due to come out?

May. I'm happy it's been delayed. At least it's something of a sign they're not just rushing it out the door and will fix/patch later. I don't hold out a lot of hope for the game regardless, could be a fun playthrough for a while at least. But I'd rather a delay and a decent attempt to give something worthy of the name rather than a broken, buggy attempt to cash-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New trailer to highlight........ pre-order bonuses :o (not much new footage though).

And here's the lowdown on the special editions;

Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
    • Exclusive “Obsidian Outfit” pack (six hero outfits)
    • Six exclusive “Obsidian” nameplates
    • 72 hours early access

Earth’s Mightiest Edition ($199.99)

Marvels-Avengers_2020_02-13-20_003.jpg
    • Full color 12-inch statue of Captain America
    • A copy of the Deluxe Edition
    • Exclusive SteelBook case
    • Hulk bobblehead
    • Mjolnir key chain
    • Black Widow’s belt buckle
    • Iron Man’s Prototype Amor blueprints
    • Kamala Khan’s Honorary Avenger pin
    • Commemorative Avengers group photo
    • 72 hours early access before the September 4 release date

There are pre-order bonuses too, including access to the beta, but real heroes don't pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Who is the main character in it? be **** if you don't get one of the avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That'd be a cool limited edition... But not for 200 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Calhoun wrote: »
    Who is the main character in it? be **** if you don't get one of the avengers.

Big slappy hands looks like the main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think I've ever been as unexcited about a game coming out... There are plenty of games that have come out that I've no interest in, but it's like this wants me to have an interest, and so far i'm underwhelmed by it. Won't be going near it until a good few reviews are out, and unless they're glowing, I'll wait for the inevitable drop in price soon after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

J. Marston wrote: »
    Big slappy hands looks like the main character.

I don't know why but this made me burst out laughing more than it should have.

Will see what the reviews are like for it, not that i'm not open to new characters but in an avengers game like this would like to play as one of the A team.

• Advertisement

IIRC one of the previous videos or previews jumped between characters that the player controlled, though the "main" plot character was Kamela Khan. So you will control each avenger in separate chapters.

Don't click the below link if you don't want to know who the game's main villain is.

Some sites (e.g. WCCFTech) are claiming the achievements list for this has been leaked online. They're mostly the usual "Complete X" or "Achieve Y" quests, but it also reveals some of how the early story will play out, as well as supposedly giving away the main villain. An interesting choice, in truth.

Posted this on the division thread for some bizarre reason.

I'm still confused on what this game is. Sounds like a superhero version of division from those achievements. Sounds like it would be better if you could create your own hero like dc universe.

Wow, these are awful skins as a bonus. Go from an all colorful crew to an all grey crew.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1229127322500042760?s=19

Even includes hair dye for BW...

Press Release
    MARVEL’S AVENGERS CONFIRMED FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X
    Buy the Game and Receive a Free Upgrade from PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X
    Los Angeles, CA (June 22, 2020) – SQUARE ENIX® announced today that Marvel’s Avengers will be available on PlayStation®5 computer entertainment system and Xbox Series X when the consoles launch in Holiday 2020. Players who own the current-gen version of the game will be able to upgrade to the next-gen version at no additional cost, regardless if players are moving from PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5 or Xbox One to Xbox Series X. Those moving their saves to next-gen will transfer their player profiles and progression so they can pick up right where they left off. In addition, cross-gen play will be supported so PS5™ players will be able to play with their friends on PS4™ and Xbox Series X players will be connected with their friends on Xbox One.

Featuring extremely fast load times, boosted resolution and fidelity, improved texturing and armor destruction, ray tracing, and more – Marvel’s Avengers will look and play great on next-gen systems. The PlayStation®5 experience will be seamless and dynamic, fully utilizing the ultra-high speed SSD, the PS5 DualSense advanced haptics, and immersive spatial audio. To fully customize their visual experience, PS5 will also provide players with their choice of Enhanced Graphics Mode or High Framerate mode.

https://press.na.square-enix.com/MARVELS-AVENGERS-CONFIRMED-FOR-PLAYSTATION-5-AND-XBOX-SERIES-X

That was more impressive than I thought it would be. It looks fairly deep in terms of unlockable skills, new characters etc as well. It's definitely gone up a bit in my estimation. We shall see what future "war tables" bring.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    That was more impressive than I thought it would be. It looks fairly deep in terms of unlockable skills, new characters etc as well. It's definitely gone up a bit in my estimation. We shall see what future "war tables" bring.

Yeah felt the same

• Advertisement
Advertisement