Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They've already scheduled their next event for April 1st. Stand & Deliver. So the same day as WM Night 1. Another long weekend of wrestling that weekend.

Was another good show. A couple of title changes.

Will Henley complain about how they won?

I wasn't sure if New Day would lose but I assumed they were just there to bring more eyes before going back to the main roster only. But we'll see how Gallus do.

Surprised they showed Dijak's finger. Apparently not broken, so I guess dislocated.

Looked a pretty good attendance. Looked it up and while not a sell out, it was over 5000. They got out of Full Sail anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Grayson needs to come out dressed as HBK to HBK's theme

Expected it this week but I'll spoiler it anyway

Gigi got Jannetty'd. Then tried to escape through the door in an act of cowardice.

Another NXT UK return next week.

I like how they announced the NA title open challenge with multiple people talking about challenging instead of just one guy saying he'll take him on and that being official.

Broken Pretty Deadly were fun.

Wonder where Cameron Grimes is. I'd say they have nothing for him really and has been there long enough to move to the main roster. Just don't think anything for him there either.

I don't follow NJPW Strong, but Karl Fredericks made his debut on NXT Level Up this week as Eddy Thorpe.

• Advertisement

Jacy Jayne now The Heartbreak Chick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ava Raine and the Schism doesn't work..the group had potential before they brought her in and looked to be adding more members ..same schtick every appearance

So are there plants in the fans or just standard annoying people? With the chants for Waller during Tyler's promo and the boos for Bron.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was thinking it didn't seem right, especially since they're putting a lot of emphasis on them even though they're not that loud. Think last week someone was actually trying "Bron Breakker sucks" to the tune of "John Cena sucks".

• Advertisement

They addressed something this week that I've pointed out in shows before. People actually fighting each other to get out for an open challenge. Usually when a champion issues an open challenge they seem to be standing there for a while and it seems only 1 person finally decides they want a title shot.

I hope Roxanne is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 37,765 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont watch must NXT 2.0 but hopefully it was only an overdramtic sell of the injury as the clip did look pretty serious with Booker and HBK coming out etc. Best wishes to Roxanne eitherway

Gargano back in NXT I see

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nah think was a work.

Wee things like how Shawn put on the mask as if the EMT forgot to do it.

But as usual, the fact people are unsure shows they did a good job.

Saw a suggestion that it ties into last week and this week when she spoke about the amount of training she's been doing for this match and she collapsed from exhaustion.

Lyra issued a challenge to the winner anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

100% a work inspired by the time Shawn "lost his smile".

Gargano back to resolve his unfinished business with Waller is also good booking. Could see Waller moving up after Mania I'd imagine so would nicely bookend both of their times in NXT.

I'd also like to think they're finally close to sending Bron up with Hayes (hopefully) taking the main strap at least for a little while.

They even had Waller ask what the point of NXT was when the only guys likely to move up would be Bron and Carmelo.

Not sure where they're going with the Roxanne thing. Maybe she'll make a shocking return at Stand & Deliver.

• Advertisement

Stand & Deliver card

• Bron Breakker (c) vs. Carmelo Hayes for NXT title
    • Johnny Gargano vs. Grayson Waller in an unsanctioned match
    • Roxanne Perez (c) vs. Zoey Stark vs. Gigi Dolin vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Lyra Valkyria vs. Indi Hartwell in ladder match for NXT Women's title
    • Fallon Henley and Kiana James (c) vs. Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn for women's tag titles
    • Wes Lee (c) vs. Dragon Lee vs. JD McDonagh vs. Ilja Dragunov vs. Axiom for North American title
    • Gallus (c) vs. The Creed Brothers vs. The D'Angelo Family for tag titles
    • Chase U and Tyler Bate vs. Schism for control of Chase University

This will be Ava's in ring debut.

So the Roxanne story is she's battling anxiety.

Overall the card looks good.

Start time is 6pm Irish time. I assume a preshow at 5 or 5:30.

Some great matches there, really don't see the appeal in Schism myself.

North American match and Womens Ladder match will be epic!

I'd say for 1 or 2 of them, this could be their last match on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That Roxanne thing is gonna be really weird if she's on the roster next week. That ladder match has me terrified that someone is getting hurt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Feels that locks in Brons call up then.

The Chase U/Schism match was on the preshow for anyone who wants to watch it. Was Ava Raine's in ring debut. She didn;t do much and clearly has a way to go.

Random observation: Both men's and women's tag team champions are Scottish.

So we had a couple of returns. I guess one could be classed as a redebut since it's been so long.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like the two UK guys from schism have been granted their releases.

• Advertisement

2 roots...

Seems to be mixed reports of them requesting their releases but still appearing at tapings. Maybe they're gonna stick around to get written out instead of just disappearing.

Advertisement