Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer Weather 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Early days still but an improvement on the models for next weeks outlook. Some further warm weather reaching the low 20s looks possible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's been a week since it last rained. 8 more days to go until we can declare a drought for the second Summer in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Kermits event thread closed.

Event not finished here in Bray though :D

Lovely little micro-climate enclave wrapped on all four sides by the sea and Wicklow/Dublin Mountains. This is Day 6 or 7 of near constant sunshine here. The first few days it was Blue skies after about noon when the sea fog burnt off. The last few days it was blue skies after about noon when the higher level wavy cloud burnt off or was dissolved by Dublin mountain uplift or something. Perhaps its the sea breeze pushing it a few miles inland. At any rate whatever the cause, the Sat images would show the cloud boundary dissolving at the Dublin Mountains SoCoDU area putting Bray and extreme east coast in the clear while the rest of the country has a lot of haze/cloud.

Lovely cooling sea breeze on the seafront while only a hundred metres back from the seafront Hot Hot Hot without being Oppressive Oppressive Oppressive :D

A fine Summers day in Bray is now heaven ever since Dublins finest found a new playground in Howth and Portmarnock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Ditto here in Arklow ,wall to wall sun today and hot out of the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

A pleasant 20 and mostly sunny here in Waterford now.

Looks like it will last until a break of sorts on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely in Loughlinstown too, sitting here beside the BBQ sipping a cider ahhhhh lovely.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A lovely end to the longest day of the year in Castlebar, clear blue skies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was in Portugal for 2 weeks at start of month. Missed the week of bad weather. Not seen rain in nearly 2 months :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

We headed to Clonakilty next weekend for 2 weeks.
    Would anyone hazard a guess as to how the weather might be?
    like do I have to pack rainwear as well as shorts:-)
    thanks for any info!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

thanks for any info!

• Advertisement

The cloud/haze developing over the country right now grazed us in Bray for about an hour from 10-11am but the sea breeze/maritime air or whatever the reason has once again pushed it back inland a few miles, so it's looking like another Blue Sky Stunner in Bray again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well another disappointing day. Lovely start for an hour or two followed by cloud cover. It looks like it could rain. Those 2.5 days of sunshine last week are a distant memory. (Leitrim area)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Poor Leitrim. Truly the freak county of Ireland. (Joking, JOKING! :-P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Sun beaming,18c,better than i expected sunshine wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

today i got sunburnt with no wind or sun just cloud.

so if you ever think a bright day is cloudy in mid summer BRING SUNCREAM
    :eek::cool:

July looks an unsettled mess with Low Pressure returning .

Foot cough Low

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tarzana wrote: »
    Poor Leitrim. Truly the freak county of Ireland. (Joking, JOKING! :-P)

I'd say a familar story throughout much of the midlands. I was in Tulsk and Athlone today. Great morning until about 11 AM, then the clouds rolled in and stayed for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

thanks for any info!

Pack the rain gear only by the looks of it... id bring 1 pair of shorts (sunny spells) and just raincoats judging by the models :(

Today marks at least seven straight days if virtually unbroken sunshine in Costa Del Bray. Could be more. Can't remember what the previous weekend was like??

Can't believe the top temp in Dublin yesterday was only 19.5c. Felt soooo much hotter!

The east coast from Dublin southward looking like it will again maintain its blue skies while the rest if the country Hazes/clouds over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

pauldry wrote: »
    July looks an unsettled mess with Low Pressure returning .

Based on...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Glorious day in Achill today after the dull misery that was yesterday. Hope it stays fine for bonfire night tonight.

Clouding over a bit in Dublin. The beginning of the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

Based on...?

The Long Term weather models last night which have changed for the better today. :D yipee. So uncertain now more than unsettled :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

pauldry wrote: »
    The Long Term weather models last night which have changed for the better today. :D yipee. So uncertain now more than unsettled :confused:

Got a link to any of these? I've been looking for them myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I've been feeling a few drops of rain here in Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well a stunning day in Leitrim. Warm and sunshine. I was truly making hay whilst the sun shines. Fingers crossed for dry weather for a couple of days.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I missed out again on the warm weather here last week, hopefully July will see a proper heatwave like the one we had last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

anyone else look at the radar this morning and think what on earth is that? rain has returned to the island :(:( it was a nice 2 weeks there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

15th day in a row here with zero rain so far. Lawn turning yellow, ground where I haven't watered is like concrete. Hoping for some rain here soon!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement