Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz & Blues venues

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Has anyone played in the Odessa? I've been to a few gigs there and I think it would be a lovely venue to play but I emailed and they said they don't provide a sound engineer, yet they're charging the same price as those venues that do??
    What do you reckon? is it worth it?
    I've emailed back asking for a reduced rate but I have a feeling I'll be told where to go.

On an related matter.... Sound engineers? how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Wait.... they've just mailed me back and said they'll include the engineer for the same price. I'm glad I checked now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Skidrow

Wed /Thr nights
    Jazz/Blues in killarney? or any live music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Esel wrote: »
    JJ Smyth's, Aungier St. Ph: 475 2565. Check out the free listing mags - Event Guide, In Dublin. About €7 in. Jazz on Wed, Thur (I *think*). Not sure about Monday.

They have a good Blues night every Tues (Irish Blues Club check www). First Tues each month is jam night and can be great - lots of variety. Also have blues on Fri and Sat nights.

been to JJ's last Thursday on the Hugh Buckley Group with Greg Felton, Dan Bodwell and Dominic Mullan gig, it was really enjoyable.. I like that place cause it is smallish and feels like private sessions almost : ) ..

...last one..
    https: // www . youtube.com/watch?v=mssv-h5luBQ&list=UUbU04hDP4NspzOPgECjLD1Q

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭loveroflight

Had fantastic night in JJ's last Saturday. The Ed Deane Band....incredible. Ed will be playing with LEFT, RIGHT & Centre in Arhur's Pub on Thomas St next Friday and has another regular gig in Frank Ryans in Smithfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ComeEre2Me

Anyone know of any Blues sessions in Sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 colourslide

ComeEre2Me wrote: »
    Anyone know of any Blues sessions in Sligo?

Hi...There is a new Sunday Blues session at The Swagman on Wine St. Sligo between 9.30 and 11.30, featuring the fantastic Ed Deane and his band...This residency will continue through October and if well enough supported will carry over into November...Hopefully you'll come down and check it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ComeEre2Me

Hi...There is a new Sunday Blues session at The Swagman on Wine St. Sligo between 9.30 and 11.30, featuring the fantastic Ed Deane and his band...This residency will continue through October and if well enough supported will carry over into November...Hopefully you'll come down and check it out..

Ah nice one! Thanks for letting us know :) Will try make it this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Anyone know of jazz or blues session in galway friday this friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aoxomoxoa

Are there any venues in Athlone, Tullamore, or Mullingar featuring jazz or alternative music gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Drakesha

The Jazz Lounge, 54 Parnell Square West, Dublin.
    Hot Club/ Gypsy Swing hosted by 'Hot Club of Dublin'
    Opening night 10th of April, 20.00

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Hi Guys, anyone know of a good venue for Jazz/Blues this weekend (or even regular ongoing one?) in Dublin? Heard J.J's was good?? but I've never been!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Heard J.J's was good?? but I've never been!

You heard right..!! ;) JJ's is one of the best in Dublin for jazz and blues.

http://www.jjsmyths.com/gigs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Ha ha thanks Rigsby! That'll be my first port of call so!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dogerster

thanks for posts and replays answered my question

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Hi, just wondering if there have been any new additions to the jazz scene since the last post above? Going to be visiting Dublin the weekend after next and would like to know what might be on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Robotito wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if there have been any new additions to the jazz scene since the last post above? Going to be visiting Dublin the weekend after next and would like to know what might be on Saturday night.

This link may be of help.

http://dublinjazz.ie/gigs/gig-listing/imc25-celebrating-25-years-of-imc

Advertisement