Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air Rifle ammo limit

Options
  • 05-08-2020 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got a .22 pcp air rifle licenced a few weeks ago.
    Problem is only 500 pellets allowed on licence.
    Obviously I have informed my FO that won't work, as pellets are generally sold in 500 count tins.

He advised. Me to send him a letter addressed to my super explaining the,problems involved.

Any advice on good points to mention in the letter?

Also rifle needs to be fed pellets until it/me find the pellet make, weight and head size that suits it.

I also need to have different types of pellet that will each be better suitable for the use. As in, different pests, rats, rabbits, squirrel, pigeons, rats etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I had my first air rifle licence issued with a limit of 100 pellets.

In my letter besides including they could not be bought in quantities of 100 and providing links to this, I mentioned that they were not a dangerous item in their own right and were basically the same as BB fishing weights which can be bought in any quantity by anyone.

I also mentioned the distance to my nearest RFD and how it was just basically more economical and practical to be allowed buy them in larger quantities.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

"I also need to have different types of pellet that will each be better suitable for the use. As in, different pests, rats, rabbits, squirrel, pigeons, rats etc."

As good a reason as any right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Really ye want 5000 as the limit on an air rifle. This is only few boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

As above, you need different pellets for different quarry and targets. I also mentioned that they are basically inert pieces of led with no powder etc

Advertisement