Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

I'd love a tier system for the network. I don't watch current day WWE so getting the (main selling point of) PPVs each month for 12.99, for me, is excessive.

I'd love a retro tier where you just get old WWF, WCW and ECW for say 5.99 or 6.99. 12.99 definitely isn't worth it when you're not interested in current stuff. Especially when you compare it to..

Netflix - 11.99
    Amazon prime - 7.99
    Disney + - 6.99
    Now TV - price varies but sports to movies is around the same price as the network.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

that'd be cool but i bet WWE would just make the network worse pricing, like $9.99 for the historical stuff, $13.99 for everything u get now!

Although i'm salty as Ireland pays literally the most for a WWE Network sub in the world, at €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

odd enough timing for the Ricochet doc and maybe its a sign he will be used more again

Possibly should of stayed in NXT longer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Odd alright you think they'd have held it off till after a PPV like normal too.
    I think the talk was that Heyman was high on Ricochet but who knows know with Pritchard in charge.

Doc was okay but nothing special it was really just a whole documentary of Ricochet being happy where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

jaykhunter wrote: »
    that'd be cool but i bet WWE would just make the network worse pricing, like $9.99 for the historical stuff, $13.99 for everything u get now!

Although i'm salty as Ireland pays literally the most for a WWE Network sub in the world, at €12.99

I can't believe that I haven't spent a single day in America since I signed up, I'm paying with an Irish card and they're still charging me $9.99. Now why I still pay even that much is another question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Pentecost wrote: »
    I can't believe that I haven't spent a single day in America, I'm paying with an Irish card and they're still charging me $9.99. Now why I still pay even that much is another question.

If you look on the Bargain Alerts forum you'll see people paying much cheaper for Netflix via Turkey, you're getting the same thing it seems

There's probably a cheaper country for the Network out there as well to set up from

If you look on the Bargain Alerts forum you'll see people paying much cheaper for Netflix via Turkey, you're getting the same thing it seems

There's probably a cheaper country for the Network out there as well to set up from
    I'm one of them for Netflix, tried with the Network before and couldn't get it to work unfortunately but if someone figures it out I'd love to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I remember signing up for the Network back around 2014/2015 using a Hola VPN, my BOI debit card and an address in Florida that I previously stayed in on a holiday, I was paying $9.99 every month with BOI's FX rates/charges added so it was always around €9.00 mark per month. Cancelled my account back in 2017 and when there was a 3 month free trial a few months ago the same account still worked again fine

I think with Netflix/Turkey you can cancel your Irish account and then with specific steps re-activate it again the next month via a VPN to get Turkish billing, maybe you can't do that with the WWE Network, you may have to try signing up to it for US billing with a brand new account with a US address

I tried signing up to the Network from Hong Kong at one point I think but couldn't get it to work. I think I tried with a new account altogether.
    I am paying the American cost at the moment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've been signed to the network since day one and if WWE really wanted those of us at the time who weren't in the US then, they'd have found a way to stop us. If they haven't bothered after six years I think we are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've been signed to the network since day one and if WWE really wanted those of us at the time who weren't in the US then, they'd have found a way to stop us. If they haven't bothered after six years I think we are good.

Ya same here. Day 1 in the US, i signed up.

When i go into my account settings on the Network now, it says the monthly charge is €12.99, but I'm never charged that, I pay the euro equivalent of $9.99

Bonus episode of The Last Ride airing next weekend

Jesus how many network specials does Jeff Hardy have

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bonus episode of The Last Ride airing next weekend

Jesus how many network specials does Jeff Hardy have

Oh yeah there's a Jeff hardy chronicle isn't there. I don't know how many specials he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My 3-month freebie expired.
    Was able to signup again using a USA VPN to get it for $9.99 (€8.55) using Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone notice the layout on the PPV section has changed. Seems to be done by years now instead.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My 3-month freebie expired.
    Was able to signup again using a USA VPN to get it for $9.99 (€8.55) using Revolut.

Clever! It's incredible Ireland get charged literally the most out of any country in the world for the network. Tunnelbear or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

EVOLVE, PROGRESS, wXw & ICW debut on WWE Network this Saturday

EVOLVE
    The Best of Drew McIntyre in EVOLVE
    The Best of Keith Lee in EVOLVE

wXw
    wXw Femme Fatales 2019
    wXw AMBITION 11

PROGRESS Wrestling
    Chapter 92

Insane Championship Wrestling
    ICW Shug’s Hoose Party 5

https://www.wwe.com/amp/article/evolve-progress-wxw-icw-wwe-network?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thats been rumoured for so long felt like it was never happening

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Thats been rumoured for so long felt like it was never happening

They had to add something their current product is muck.

new series 'WWE Timeline' first episode is the Bret Hart vs Owen Hart rivalry

flicking through some WCW PPVs and **** me the production is Cheesy as ****. Bash At The Beach 96 is class though

• Advertisement

new series 'WWE Timeline' first episode is the Bret Hart vs Owen Hart rivalry

flicking through some WCW PPVs and **** me the production is Cheesy as ****. Bash At The Beach 96 is class though

It's the second episode as the first was a Daniel Bryan vs the miz. But yes another home run for the WWE documentary dept.

really enjoying The 'timeline' series

As a matter of interest did WWE ever do a documentary on Hulk Hogan ?

They have but I couldn’t tell you if it’s on the network. Btw I see six documentaries featuring Bret Hart. I know that Bret hart owns the rights to his footage which was why stampede wrestling was removed from the network.

Average enough episode of 'wwe 24 the show must go on'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

51KF07AD2ZL._SY445_.jpg

completely forgot about that Orton vs Christian saga in 2011 for the world title
    Christian was a bit of a prick back then

enjoying the timeline series, looking forward to the Flair vs Macho man episode. Would very unfamiliar with that fued

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the Indy companies that seem to be getting added regularly atm?

Give me some late 80s/early 90s WWF Superstars and more WCW Saturday night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea I’ve really got he network still for old school wwe, wcw etc and the documentary’s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sky88 wrote: »
    Yea I’ve really got he network still for old school wwe, wcw etc and the documentary’s

The best WWE documentary Beyond the Mat coming to Netflix on 1st October, but most people will have seen it by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Haven't seen it in about 20 years I'd say. Will be likely watching it for the first time!

Advertisement