Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scramblers on Galtymore

• 15-06-2020 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Was up Galtymore yesterday. Witnessed a bunch of clowns going up on scramblers. I was on my way down, approaching the col between Galtymore and Galtybeg, when they came up from the south side.
    I had been drenched on the way up, and was slow on the way down due to the conditions. I watched as these fools fell off their bikes, but got back up and plowed on. One in particular was the leader, ploughing ahead, stopping to shout encouragement.
    Eventually he got to the top, followed by two more. The other two were hopelessly stuck about half way up. The smallest of the group fell so many times that eventually he just gave up. From time to time he would get back up, only to flounder again. As I continued my descent he began to resemble a duckling cut off from his mother. In contrast the three at the top patroled the ridge like a wolfpack.
    A truly depressing sight. One could easily have been injured, requiring mountain rescue and a helicopter. They surely tore up the mountainside, which could result in erosion. Not to mention its just unsightly watching them.
    I never seen anything like this before and hope I never do again.
    PJZKnX9
    http://imgur.com/gallery/PJZKnX9

Advertisement