Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OM lens in Nikon body?

Options
  • 24-06-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

My Olympus OM-1 is sitting, neglected in the corner of the room for far too long. While I would like to get back using it eventually, I'm also starting to look at getting my first dslr.

While I don't want it to be a deal breaker, I thought it would be nice if I could use my OM lenses on whichever camera I eventually choose (looking at Nikon at the moment). Am I right in saying this isn't quite as straight forward as a simple adapter? Is it worth the hassle? Tx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

You can probably get an adapter, but the F mount is probably the worst to try and adapt other lenses to because it had probably the longest flange distance of any of the historical mounts. Hence you either lose infinity focus to some degree, or you get adapters with crappy adaptive optics in them. I'd go with the former over the latter given a choice.

-edit-

Although you say you're 'looking at ...' i.e. you haven't bought a camera yet ? Grab a micro 4/3rds or similar mirrorless and you can pick up adapters to almost any of the older mounts. Varying degrees of functionality WRT metering / focus confirmation etc etc

Advertisement