Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best long term investment

• 23-06-2019 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

If you had 10k and you were looking for the best investment over the long term 15/20 years, what’s the best vehicle to put the 10k into?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

depends on your risk profile. Personally I'd go for an S&P500 ETF with super low AMC, or something like VTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Californeeway

I've been looking into the same thing and 'low cost' ETFs based on Index Funds seem to be the way to go. e.g. Vanguard/iShares/SPDR S&P500 ETFs on a website like DeGiro.

The S&P500 (or SPX Index) price seems to have gone from 2000 to 3000 in 5 years.

Does anyone know if this simply means that if I had 10k in back then I'd now have 15k? (there's a lot of talk about compounding that I don't really understand..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

With ETF there is a large unknown with regards to what will happen in the future. There is an enormous amount of money flowing into this passive investment sector..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

If you had 10k and you were looking for the best investment over the long term 15/20 years, what’s the best vehicle to put the 10k into?

Yourself. Education/qualification / knowledge / experience that takes you to another level.

Advertisement