Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014-2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

GvidoR wrote: »
    Watching Sabres vs Panthers tonight.

Why?

:)

Red Wings v Leafs
    Lightning v Canucks tonight on HNIC WHOOP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Why?

:)

Why not?

It wasn't a great game though. Only 1 goal throughout the whole game.
    It was 1 of 3 shutouts last night.

Why not?

It wasn't a great game though. Only 1 goal throughout the whole game.
    It was 1 of 3 shutouts last night.

Ah just the initial fact that it was the Sabres and the Panthers. Even writing their names out I lose the will to live. Glad to hear it was a good one though.

Ah just the initial fact that it was the Sabres and the Panthers. Even writing their names out I lose the will to live. Glad to hear it was a good one though.

Sabres are in the middle of rebuilding their team. True, their last season was awful, but I'm hoping they'll do better this year.

I didn't say it was a great game, mainly because, well... it wasn't.

• Advertisement

Sabres are in the middle of rebuilding their team. True, their last season was awful, but I'm hoping they'll do better this year.

I didn't say it was a great game, mainly because, well... it wasn't.

I actually read your "wasn't" as "was". Oops. I have no real interest in the sabres exploits tbh. They just sit their floating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

We're going to overtime here at the United center. Hawks have been terrible but Crawford has been phenomenal. He's made at least 4 genuine goal scoring chances.

Really stole that game but glad for Toews, hopfully that's the monkey off his back.

I wish Paddy would get his scoring boots on.

Typical Leafs at the ACC last night. Went to bed in a fouler. I'm getting so tired of Phaneuf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

anyone have any trial codes for gamecentre, just wanna be sure it runs well on my now tv before i pay out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Phoenix wrote: »
    Good win for the flames against the jets

Watched that game last night and the Jets dominated the first period. The Flames were lucky to be only down by one at that point. Hiller made some great saves. The Flames looked like a completely different team in the second and third periods and they went on to deservedly win the game.

In other news, an excellent 4-0 win for the Rangers against a very tired looking Sharks team. Nash is on fire at the moment and I think he is the leading scorer in the league now. Some sloppy defending by the Sharks for some of the goals, the second and third in particular.

2 goals in 4 seconds and a shut-out for the Rangers last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Watched the lightnings last two games against Edmonton and Calgary and Drouin looks really good, serious handler of the puck, looks unbelievably comfortable for a lad playing in his first nhl games! got his first point tonight and was denied a gwg in ot by a very good save!

And then we win 5-2. Gotta love the inconsistency of the Leafs.

Great win for the Hawks last night pity I couldn't get tickets for it so had to make do with watching in a bar. My hockey trip is over today unfortunately but got to see some great games. Raanta was so solid in goal. He's really going to be a great goalie if he keeps progressing like he is.

Puck drop at 3:30 AM... damn, these time zones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Puck drop at 3:30 AM... damn, these time zones.

Staying up to watch some of the Pens v Flyers game and only realised that the puck drops at 1am. Thought it would be 12am.

Flyers all over the Pens at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Great win for the Hawks last night pity I couldn't get tickets for it so had to make do with watching in a bar. My hockey trip is over today unfortunately but got to see some great games. Raanta was so solid in goal. He's really going to be a great goalie if he keeps progressing like he is.

I went on a hockey trip earlier in the year, that's ballsy to go without tickets :) We probably ended up paying through the nose for our tickets in advance ...

Berserker wrote: »
    Staying up to watch some of the Pens v Flyers game and only realised that the puck drops at 1am. Thought it would be 12am.

Flyers all over the Pens at the moment.

After the first half of the first period the flyers bossed that game ... unfortunatly :(

• Advertisement

I went on a hockey trip earlier in the year, that's ballsy to go without tickets :) We probably ended up paying through the nose for our tickets in advance ...

Had tickets for the Flames and Predators games but we were unsure of my wife's sisters work schedule when booking the tickets so we didn't get them at the time. Didn't want to leave my wife on her own our last night there and she'd had her fill of sports after being to both Hawks games and the Bears- Dolphins game at that stage. Me and my brother in law tried on the day but weren't willing to pay stupid money. Remember when I first started going to see the Hawks you could roll up on the night and get $15 tickets, same seats are just over 100 now, that's the price of success I guess.

What games did you take in on your trip?

Well we went to Montreal first and saw
    Habs v Bruins (Mrs is a huge bruins fan)
    Habs v Ottawa (Habs came from 3 goals down with 5 minutes to go, the place went mental!)
    Then on to Ottawa
    Sens v Avs
    Sens v Rangers (seats just 1 row the home pen box)
    Finally Toronto
    Leafs v Bolts
    Leafs v Habs
    Leafs v Blues
    And we managed a Marleys game as well (it was a weekday - middle of the day match - the rodgers arena full of school kids!)

and got back home broke :p

Well we went to Montreal first and saw
    Habs v Bruins (Mrs is a huge bruins fan)
    Habs v Ottawa (Habs came from 3 goals down with 5 minutes to go, the place went mental!)
    Then on to Ottawa
    Sens v Avs
    Sens v Rangers (seats just 1 row the home pen box)
    Finally Toronto
    Leafs v Bolts
    Leafs v Habs
    Leafs v Blues
    And we managed a Marleys game as well (it was a weekday - middle of the day match - the rodgers arena full of school kids!)

and got back home broke :p

Wow, that's an impressive trip to say the least. Would love to catch a game at the Bell Centre, my brother in law went to the Hawks- Habs game last season and said it was one of his best sporting experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

is this the only active thread on here? Flyers fan here... who does everyone else follow?

is this the only active thread on here? Flyers fan here... who does everyone else follow?

Fairly active for an Irish forum.

Sabres fan here. It can be painful sometimes. :P

Watching Sabres vs Sharks right now. They're holding up well, 0-0 after 2nd period.

Fairly active for an Irish forum.

Sabres fan here. It can be painful sometimes. :P

Watching Sabres vs Sharks right now. They're holding up well, 0-0 after 2nd period.

How did you get lumped with that? Poor guy.

---

Leafs fan here.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

i just meant this is the only active thread on the hockey forum.... this time zone is a KILLER, I dread west coast road games!
    I had game center when I was living in america it was great! thinking of getting it for here, as its actually cheaper than america. and the handyness of watching on iphone ipad...

i just meant this is the only active thread on the hockey forum.... this time zone is a KILLER, I dread west coast road games!
    I had game center when I was living in america it was great! thinking of getting it for here, as its actually cheaper than america. and the handyness of watching on iphone ipad...

Good idea. I make do with HNIC online every Saturday. Getting a Chromecast next week for it. It's the sole reason I'm getting the Chromecast.

Would love game centre but can't really justify it. College work must be done.

2-1 to Buffalo v SJ
    12 in the 3rd

• Advertisement

this time zone is a KILLER, I dread west coast road games!

Couldn't agree more.

Nice win for the Sabres. :)

Advertisement