Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jimmy MacCarthy - Hey Ho Believe

Options
  • 04-03-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when this album will be released?
    I have read it will be sometime in the next few months but it was no estimated date was specified.
    Any help would be apprecaited
    Karaokeman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pauline fayne

Hi Karaokeman , i asked him after the recent concert in the National Concert Hall ,
    and he said he hoped it would be out at the end of April but didn't have an exact date.

He also said the album is morelike 'The Dreamer' than 'The Song of the Singing Horseman'. By the way , did you get my message/contact details ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

He also said the album is morelike 'The Dreamer' than 'The Song of the Singing Horseman'. By the way , did you get my message/contact details ?

Yes I did I will try to make it to the Post Office this weekend and I will send you a message when I do get around to sending it off.
    Anyway thanks very much for the reply to my thread I was actually waiting to hear back from the readers.
    Jimmy seems confident in what he is doing with this new album. The Dreamer was a good record, a few rebellious tunes like 'Morning of The Dreamer' and 'The Carrier of Scandal' and other soft ballads like 'The Highest Point' and 'Shadowy' but I don't really mind where it goes it should still be a good CD.

I agree with you Karaokeman , I can't wait to hear the new album , whatever he wrote it is bound to be an interesting album. Again I am very grateful to you for helping me out with the Song of the singing horseman.

I just heard word that the album will be out in mid-August.
    Seems like a good while from now, but it should be worth the wait.
    I'm still excited to hear about what the rest of the tracks on the album are. So far I just know "Hey Ho Believe" and "Christian Telephone" will be two of them.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    I just heard word that the album will be out in mid-August.
    Seems like a good while from now, but it should be worth the wait.
    I'm still excited to hear about what the rest of the tracks on the album are. So far I just know "Hey Ho Believe" and "Christian Telephone" will be two of them.

Just dropped in to ask if you had heard any news and found you had already
    posted the answer ! Thanks Karaokeman .
    I am looking forward to hearing some more tracks on the radio in the lead up to it being released .:)

Jimmy's official website appears to suggest the new album will be released on the 13th of August (this week).

http://www.jimmymaccarthy.net/website/products-page/example-category/album/

Hopefully this is an accurate source, I'm slightly skeptical because they are using the cover for The Dreamer.

Thanks for the link karaokeman , -I had tried that site several times but there seems to be problems with it all the time - or maybe its my laptop !
    Sceptical myself , will ask in my local hmv if they are getting it this week .

No sorry, the link is probably stating Jimmy's older albums will be available on his site from this week onwards.

I think that the site will be redone or something like that.

I also posted on the 4711ers forum. We were informed from a source that the new album is almost complete and will be out in a few weeks (rather than months).

http://4711ers.org/viewtopic.php?t=1580&start=25

The poster also hinted at a possible return to SinE soon where Jimmy will play some of his new songs. That should be something to look forward to also, I shall keep listening every tuesday night.

i see that he is playing on the 8th oct in Dunamaise Arts Centre ,Portlaoise with Donal Lunny.

• Advertisement

I tried to book a ticket , but this is the only listing that doesn't have a 'book now ' button
    on the Dunamaise Arts Centre website . ...

Ye I heard that Jimmy was playing at the Arts Center myself.

I think I will be busy in October, but I might see him again if he plays the National Concert Hall early next year.

Booked tickets today for my daughter and myself . Looking forward to it and hopefully the new album will be out by then .

karaokeman wrote: »
    Jimmy's official website appears to suggest the new album will be released on the 13th of August (this week).

http://www.jimmymaccarthy.net/website/products-page/example-category/album/

Hopefully this is an accurate source, I'm slightly skeptical because they are using the cover for The Dreamer.

The website is still showing the cover for The Dreamer . I hope they sort it out soon . In the welcome section it suggests joining the mailing list to keep up to date but there is no link to join it that i could see ... :confused::(

I presume (or rather i hope ) the new album will be on sale at the Dunamise Arts Centre gig . Tried several shops but no luck .

The website is still showing the cover for The Dreamer . I hope they sort it out soon . In the welcome section it suggests joining the mailing list to keep up to date but there is no link to join it that i could see ... :confused::(

I presume (or rather i hope ) the new album will be on sale at the Dunamise Arts Centre gig . Tried several shops but no luck .

Just left a message through the 'contact us' section of the website asking them to clarify .Will post the response here -if i get one !:D

Just left a message through the 'contact us' section of the website asking them to clarify .Will post the response here -if i get one !:D
    response :
    Hi Pauline , Thanks for getting in touch with us with your queries .
    We have now changed the 'join the mailing list' to 'Join us on Facebook for updates' and we are currently waiting for the new album to be released for it to be added to the on-line shop. The 'button' you saw for purchasing the album was in an old version of the website before the site was launched. We apologise for any confusion that this may have caused you . To clear things up ,
    Dreamer is not for sale and the New Album will be added to the on-line shop once it is released. We will keep you and all fans updated on Facebook .
    Kind regards ,
    Caroline Niland
    Make-Media Web Design .

Went to Portlaoise yesterday to hear Jimmy Mac 'Carthy play with Donal Lunny .
    Great night but the latest news on the album is - 'in time for Christmas '.

Went to Portlaoise yesterday to hear Jimmy Mac 'Carthy play with Donal Lunny .
    Great night but the latest news on the album is - 'in time for Christmas '.

Thanks for the update.
    I actually sent Jimmy a message on facebook to see if there was any news on the new album.
    I was just thinking about that because by saying "in time for christmas" he might have meant like a week or two weeks before christmas and his next Dublin gig is around 4 weeks before christmas, taking into account it is at the end of November. Anyways he said on facebook the release date will be posted soon, so I have that to look forward to. If not he will probably announce the release date at the National Concert Hall show. I will post when I'm sure of the exact release.

We had such a good time at the Portlaoise show we have decided to go to the Concert Hall as well . (Turning into a pair of Jimmy stalkers !);)

Tallking about the album being out in time for Christmas he said perhaps it should be 'Ho Ho
    Believe ' !

• Advertisement

Finally, the definite release date is up.

Jimmy just posted an update on facebook.

He said the album is out on the 25th of October, which is monday on the first week of mid-term break.

Great news , just saw that on Facebook ! Was a bit surprised as he said on Friday that they were still talking about the album cover .

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the album in the post , now that is finally on sale through the website ..

I just bought mine yesterday.

Got it at Golden Discs in Liffey Valley for 15 Euro.

Awesome new CD but the best song is definitely "By The Drum".

Mine arrived in the post on Friday and i've played it a lot since it arrived !
    My favourites are Switzerland in snow and Throwing Doves - so far . At least they are the ones i keep repeating . Looking forward to the National Concert hall now , it should be a great night .

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

Hi there,
    My boyf bought me Hey ho believe today.really liking it!
    I have been searching for the Song of the singing horseman for years.
    No where to be got. My dad had this on cassette and I used to play it over and over again but the cassette has long gone missing,
    if anyone can give me any source for this album I would be delighted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

sabrina99 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My boyf bought me Hey ho believe today.really liking it!
    I have been searching for the Song of the singing horseman for years.
    No where to be got. My dad had this on cassette and I used to play it over and over again but the cassette has long gone missing,
    if anyone can give me any source for this album I would be delighted.
    + 1 for me

Sabrina and byhookorbycrook , if you pm me your adress I wil try and copy my copy of the album for you.

Advertisement