Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie Drew Has Passed Away

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

:( RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭dazberry

RIP Ronnie.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Legend. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Wow, Legend, makes a dull, damp and dark day even darker.

They will be entertained in the pub in the sky tonite.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Will be sadly missed. Another legend gone.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

RIP ron :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

What an amazing, amazing person. Did so much for Irish Music, will be sadly and dearly missed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamlet

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Genuine legend in the last 50 years of Ireland.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan39

Ronnie Drew, May he rest in peace, his suffering is over now. A True Irish Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

R.I.P Ronnie, absolutley irreplaceable, his music can never be imitated or copied, he was a cornerstone of irish music who'll never be forgotten, hope many glasses will be raised to him tonite:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

RIP, A true Irish LEGEND.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Ronnie, wherever you are now, I hope that you meet up with Luke and all your buddies and have a mighty session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

An extremly sad day for Irish folk music, i had the pleasure of seeing the Dubliners in concert before and they were absolutely brilliant,im big into Irish trad music (not just dance as per my signature) Ronnie brought Irish folk music to the masses and he was an exceptionally gifted vocalist.

RIP Ronnie Drew
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 left winger

Rest in Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭mobby

Ronnie Drew "raised on songs and stories I remember Dublin City In the rare oul times" Good man Ronnie Drew RIP. Up The Dubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

jaysus, its gonna be woeful headin to the fleadh next wk, imagine all those fleadh guitar eejits with their cowboy hats (with feathers in) (and balding heads with ponytails) and their crappy songs that they spoil manys the sesiun with... its gonna be worse than ever this year!!

tbh, if yor not from dublin, then an aged singer from co. dublin dying doesnt mean that much!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

flanum wrote: »
    tbh, if yor not from dublin, then an aged singer from co. dublin dying doesnt mean that much!

him being a Dub has absolutely nothing to do with it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

flanum wrote: »

wtf :eek: - Do you even know who Ronnie Drew was.
    Please have some respect for one of the greatest Irish balladeer's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ronnie R.I.P.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean9015

RIP Ronnie, back with Dierdre, and also Luke and Ciaron.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

announced it over the mic at the end of my set last night and played the irish rover...so many people didnt know! the news has been kept quiet i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Very sad to hear this. The word 'legend' is so overused these days - this man was a legend in the truest sense of the word.

R.I.P Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

RIP Ronnie Drew.

"get some whiskey round here like blazes, be the thunderin' jaysis did ye think I was dead?"

Legend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Coladh Sámh.

A well respected man who will be truly missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

Poor oul Ronnie,

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 balladman

A sad day for Ireland. I played with him once in the Landsdowne Tennis Club. The quintessential Dublin man. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP Legend

Advertisement