Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please.

• 24-04-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Myself and my mate are getting into sea kayak fishing but we need a bit of advice on what GPS/FishFinder combo to get. We have a Standard Horizon CP180i GPS on our main angling boat but want to get a combo for the yaks.

As the cost of the yaks is quite high, we really don't want to spend a fortune on the combo but also don't want to get one that will fail after a wee splash of water. Also needs to be fairly power efficient cos we'll be out for six or seven hours at a time.

Had a look online at the Standard Horizon CPF190i but can't find any Irish retailers. The main reason we looked first at that model is that we have the Irish coastal and inland waterways maps on the card in our CP180i and could swap it as needed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for us?

Thanks

John

PS - thanks to Zuppy for allowing me to post this here as it's already been posted in angling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

My experience is only with a few Marine GPS as I don't fish. But anything with a standard such as IPX-7 might be worth considering. I would still keep it in a drybag. More that saltwater and constant splashing in a kayak around electronics......

Isn't using a fish finder, like cheating? :-) doesn't sound like a fair game of hide and seek to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

The guys at Irish Kayak Angling might be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Git101 wrote: »
    The guys at Irish Kayak Angling might be able to help
    I'd echo what Git said but the real link is http://www.irishkayakangling.com/forum/ for everyone (like myself) who want nothing to do with facebook.

I don't have a fishfinder myself but there is a few threads over there about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

whitesands wrote: »
    I'd echo what Git said but the real link is http://www.irishkayakangling.com/forum/ for everyone (like myself) who want nothing to do with facebook.

I don't have a fishfinder myself but there is a few threads over there about them.

Thanks for that whitesands :) Have now registered there so fingers crossed they'll be able to help.

John

Advertisement