Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fleadh 2012?

• 22-08-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Any rumours where the Fleadh is heading next year????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I heard at the Fleadh yesterday that it hadn't been decided yet, and that it may well be going back to Cavan, depending on how it is considered to have gone this year. This came from a Cavan man.....so take it as you like.

I heard Derry is settled as the venue for 2013 from the same guy.

I'll be there regardless of location anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

all rumours... nothing is confirmed until the week after the fleadh each and every year by comhaltas... as for geussing 2013... wont know until after fleadh 2012!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Nowhere is decided for 2013. It's between Ennis & Sligo for the 2012 fleadh. I think Cavan are putting in a bid to host it for the 3rd year in a row but from what I've heard it's between the former. You never know though, a few counties have had the 3 in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Tis between Ennis and Sligo I heard :rolleyes:
    Come on the Banner! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Hopefully it will be on in Ennis :D Aren't the Munsters in Clare aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Carpe Diem

What a pity many of the publican's couldn't resist putting up their prices for the cavan fleadh 2011. Some even increased prices from Friday night to Saturday night. Kudos to "Blessings Bar" who resisted putting up prices, in addition to putting on a proper show with brilliant music etc in the rear yard! Shame on any of the others, wont be forgotten!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

How much is a pint normally in Cavan? I thought I was a great man getting pints for only €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Carpe Diem

Usually €4, but unfortunately some places increased to €4.50 to €5. All the same, Great week, with great crowds, music, and the mostly dry weather was another bonus. The organisers have alot to be proud off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭celt262

Carpe Diem wrote: »
    Usually €4, but unfortunately some places increased to €4.50 to €5. All the same, Great week, with great crowds, music, and the mostly dry weather was another bonus. The organisers have alot to be proud off

Which pubs put the prices up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Its my understanding that Cavan,Sligo and Clare are looking to hold the Festival next year.

From a clare point of view,i think it would be better if they went for the 2014 Fleadh,whoever gets the fleadh in 2012 will only have it for 1 year as i believe Derry are penciled in for the 2013.

Whoever gets the 2014 fleadh has a great chance of holding it for the following year;)

• Advertisement

Funnily enough I don't think Derry is that much of a shoe in
    Alot of teachers/musicians are apparently reluctant to bring kids/groups to the north
    Especially with the apprentice boys acting the tool up there in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I don't think Derry is that much of a shoe in
    Alot of teachers/musicians are apparently reluctant to bring kids/groups to the north
    Especially with the apprentice boys acting the tool up there in the last few weeks

With the City Of Culture tag maybe they'll have a crackdown on those sort of shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

jmurf100 wrote: »
    Any rumours where the Fleadh is heading next year????
    There are a few rumours about Derry for 2013, but no one can know where the Fleadh is to be held in any year until after the Ard Comhairle meeting, where the successful venue has to have at least 16 votes. AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

policarp wrote: »
    There are a few rumours about Derry for 2013, but no one can know where the Fleadh is to be held in any year until after the Ard Comhairle meeting, where the successful venue has to have at least 16 votes. AFAIK.

Do you know when that is?

Jim Martin wrote: »
    Do you know when that is?
    In 2 weeks time.

September 10th :D

From what I understand there are 31 votes in total and the winning venue needs 16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

How much is a pint normally in Cavan? I thought I was a great man getting pints for only €4.

If Ennis gets it, (hopefullly) you will get pints for less than €4.

finbarrk wrote: »
    If Ennis gets it, (hopefullly) you will get pints for less than €4.

I'd LOVE to see Ennis get it!
    Fingers, toes & god knows what else crossed in this house! :D

angelfire9 wrote: »
    I'd LOVE to see Ennis get it!
    Fingers, toes & god knows what else crossed in this house! :D
    We'll find out tomorrow evening.

Fleadh Ceoil going to Cavan for the third time.
    So it looks like Derry might get it for 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanC320

It has been confirmed today that cavan will host the 2012 Fleadh

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dmckenna50

Back in Cavan for the third year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah_grl

Fleadh 2013 on in derry and then fleadh 2014 is either going to be in droheda or ennis :)

Advertisement