Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compact Camera Option

• 04-07-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

Hey folks per the title I'm looking to pick myself up a new camera, I've two Canon 5d Mark III and find at times bringing them on small trips or little get aways is cumbersome, trying to decide what lens to bring/choose from and ultimately end up bringing everything :pac:

I've been toying with the idea the last while and picking up a new camera just something that I can grab & go. When away with family & friends it can be daunting handing them over a DSLR or even nerve-racking for them picking it up and shooting with it, nice to be on the other side of the lens once and awhile :)

Been eyeing up Fujifilm X100F, Panasonic Lumix ZS200 / TZ20, Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI, I'm open to any & all suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭bemak

I have the X100F for a year or so now and I would highly recommend it. Images look great straight off the camera. I'm always getting compliments on the quality of the photo it takes. Very customizable too and if you get it in all black, it's very discreet. I love mine and wouldn't change it for anything (well maybe a Leica Q2 if I win the lotto)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I would second the X100F. I had the original x100 when it came out and loved it. It made me fall in love with photography again.

I have since upgraded to the X100F and I also have an Xpro2 with 35 and 56mm lenses. So be warned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭bemak

swingking wrote:
    I have since upgraded to the X100F and I also have an Xpro2 with 35 and 56mm lenses. So be warned

Out of interest would you rather the x100f or Xpro2? If you could only keep one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

bemak wrote: »
    Out of interest would you rather the x100f or Xpro2? If you could only keep one?

Good question!

I would probably keep the x100f as I love its versatility.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Have a look at an Olympus E-M10 II or III.

e-m10-5d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I ended up buying the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I ended up buying the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI.

Is there much benefit to getting the 6 over the 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

accensi0n wrote: »
    Is there much benefit to getting the 6 over the 5?

Probably unlikely to get a poster here that has had BOTH and can do a comparison but this looks like a good assessment...

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-rx100-vi-vs-sony-rx100-v-whats-new-upgrade-3481984

IMO, there's not a lot in the difference...

The key selling point IMO for the VI is it has faster autofocus. The touch screen and 200mm reach (over the 70mm on the V) wouldn't be important to me (How often are you going to be shooting at 200mm? Or even anything above the 70mm of the V?)

Interestingly, the VI, in it's change of lens is not as fast as the V... f/2.8-4.5 on the VI vs f/1.8-2.8 on the V. That'd weigh in heavily for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I just recommended a m100 on another thread. It would be super compact with the 22mm lens and would give you the benefit of being able to mount you existing EF lenses with an adapter. Plus it has the DSLR controls albeit through digital menus...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Does anyone on here have the rx100 vi?

I just got one, and could use a few tips on how to get pictures from camera to phone...

Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement