Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The DUB Passport/Immigration Queue Thread

1515253545557»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Yep. I can confirm that the new readers are taking the passport card.

This morning the pink shirts were shooing people away that wanted to use the passport card. This is a serious issue that needs addressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

This morning the pink shirts were shooing people away that wanted to use the passport card. This is a serious issue that needs addressing.

customerexperience@daa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That’s mad

I used my passport card about 5-6 weeks ago on them and worked fine

Just to note, only the Irish cards work, not any of the other European ones, so it can get a bit messy figuring it out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Super fast last night but they appeared very organised. But a manager overseeing the process may have helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

That’s mad

I used my passport card about 5-6 weeks ago on them and worked fine

This might sound stupid, but can I ask what is a passport card? I have a passport book, and a card driving license. There another card out there?

This might sound stupid, but can I ask what is a passport card? I have a passport book, and a card driving license. There another card out there?

https://www.dfa.ie/passportcard/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's a credit card sized card that allows for travel across the EU, EEA and Switzerland.

You need a full passport to apply for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Yes.

allows for travel across the EU, EEA and Switzerland.
    I was admitted to Georgia with only the card. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭trellheim

Here is the latest guidance for post Brexit travel between UK and EU

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/travelling_en_3.pdf

What will be the position for UK passports holders flying into Dublin after 31/12/20 ?

Which queues can they use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thinking that the "EU" lines will become "EU and UK" lines. Means no big shift in effort, line length, or infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭trellheim

they might just change the signs to "uk and eu" then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭Rawr

Thinking that the "EU" lines will become "EU and UK" lines. Means no big shift in effort, line length, or infrastructure.

Always wished they'd update that to read at least "EU/EEA". When coming in from Norway I'm usually behind a load of people confused about where to go.

Norwegian passport holders can actually go through the lanes marked "EU" as they are actually intended to include the EEA states too. Every single time, you have DAA staff having to direct Norwegian passengers to the "EU" lanes. Would help there if they updated that label.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Rawr wrote: »
    Always wished they'd update that to read at least "EU/EEA". When coming in from Norway I'm usually behind a load of people confused about where to go.

Norwegian passport holders can actually go through the lanes marked "EU" as they are actually intended to include the EEA states too. Every single time, you have DAA staff having to direct Norwegian passengers to the "EU" lanes. Would help there if they updated that label.

THe signs should already say EU / EEA / British Citizens.

T1 has said EU/EEA/CH for about 2 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I've never been any more than 10 minutes in Dublin.

You should try Jeddah! 3 Hours for 12 people. Moscow can be brutal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I've written to them about Norway and Switzerland origin passengers for years now, they've never bothered their arses to do something about the confusion or use EU/EEA/CH signage like other European airports. At least it will be hard to ignore the howls of outrage when UK visitors are directed to the "EU" queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    THe signs should already say EU / EEA / British Citizens.
    Were they updated since February 2020? That's good to hear if so.

Advertisement