Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebooks Airline Manager

1868788899092»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The lack of any actual hubbing idea in the app, bar the awards for 100 and 200 flights at a nominated airport, make the playing it like real life thing a bit problematic

I fire my planes in to the air each morning and rarely look in otherwise but I'm at 583 craft now. ~150 Mercures, 200 DC10s, 150 Il96s and the rest are 389s and KR860s. Mercures get canned when they go below 65% demand, anything else gets upgraded to fleet standard (1/3rd business, wifi) and reassigned. There were 200 Mercures.

Having a fleet made up entirely of large amounts of fairly low production or entirely notional aircraft removes any last shred of realism, really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

First time ever I've seen the airport status page having anything on it - Chennai/Madras, which is actually closed due to flooding in real life. You get fined 5M for trying to start a flight to/from it.

Fiver fuel until 3. Happened on it by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I hope to bring an extra 19 billion tourists to Dublin Airport this year

qoh7uw.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

BMJD wrote: »
    I hope to bring an extra 19 billion tourists to Dublin Airport this year

qoh7uw.gif

Cat Whiskers Airlines? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Your flight will depart from Terminal 43.

On track to have 600 passenger widebodies by the end of lunchtime (few narrowbodies still in the area to be sold when they land). Only taken about a year :pac:

380 380s (coincidental), 102 IL96, 34 DC10 and 84 KR860s. Cargo is 75 380s and 5 AN255s

Also probably fiver fuel after 2pm today as its the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Anybody play any different but similar games to this either thru facebook or on android?

PLayed this for a while, once got to 600 a380s with point to point routes then the next time got to 700 aircraft with "realistic" hubs and spokes, was a bit of craic but it's done for me now.

Tried Air Tycoon 4 on Android, good gameplay, but unless you pay actual money to buy in game credit, the computer will ALWAYS expand quicker than you.

All more recent games of this type are "freemium" and you really need to pay out real cash. In Airline Manager its only required if you're incredibly impatient - one 2000 points purchase can really speed up the early gameplay and you might want to get the 100 routes or Antonov licence quickly but its really not worth it.

Bought 31 KR860s since Thursday - I'm actually playing a bit obssesively as goes getting cargo routes back in the air immediately etc as I've decided I don't want any DC10s left ASAP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Having good craic with this at the minute, finding it hard to put down. Wobbly Jet Airlines if anyone wants to invest, I'm going to purchase x2 A380's tomorrow with the points I bought so you should get a nice return on investment.

• Advertisement

This is shutting down in August. Not sure about the AM2 version but it was hideously overcomplicated and the 'realistic' mode was destroyed by inaccurate data (1300m runways entered as 1300ft and so on)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there going to be a new version

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a new version

Airline Manager 2 came out years ago but it was intolerably bad at the time as I mentioned.

Advertisement