16-02-2021, 12:08   #46
MrStuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
Its stale because Usman has beat all the top guys ,

Id love to see him fight Wonder boy , its just a different style of fight from anything we have seen Usman in

I think Usman is to strong for Chiesa

Masvidal doesn't have a hope , just a waste of time if you ask me ,
True. He's by far the top WW at the moment and i'm not too sure there are too many threats behind him in the division.

I think there's also a gap between Colby @ #2 and the rest of the division..... and Kamaru put an absolute beating on Colby!

I also agree about Chiesa. But there's something about the guy having been paying his dues for so long that makes me want to see him get a crack at the belt.
Advertisement
16-02-2021, 15:31   #47
eagle eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins
It still somehow becomes about Khabib. How the f*ck is this about Khabib?
Well I didn't start it. I just gave my opinion that Usman is the P4P best in the UFC right now, I never mentioned any other fighter.
16-02-2021, 21:41   #48
Mellor

Usman is one fight off Anderson’s UFC win streak record.
Although, Jones has more fights “undefeated”
17-02-2021, 01:00   #49
mdwexford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello 2D Person Below View Post
Usman has a far superior resumé to Khabib.
On what planet, bizarre statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
I think there's also a gap between Colby @ #2 and the rest of the division..... and Kamaru put an absolute beating on Colby!
Usman Colby was dead level going into the last round. Was a very close fight until Usman closed the show.
Thanks from:
18-02-2021, 11:53   #50
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford View Post
On what planet, bizarre statement.

Usman Colby was dead level going into the last round. Was a very close fight until Usman closed the show.
On planet Earth ,

I have to agree Usman has fought better fighters than Khabib
Advertisement
18-02-2021, 12:12   #51
The Nal

Outside of McGregor, Poirier and Gaethje, who has Khabib beaten who would be considered top tier? Could argue Usman has a similar CV so far.

Thats why greatness needs longevity. Was watching some old Jones fights the other night. He was beating people like Bader, Rua, Machida, Sonnen, Belfort etc 9, 10, 11 years ago! Still unbeaten as champ.

Usman and Khabib aren't in his league. Maybe in another 9 or 10 title defences time.
18-02-2021, 12:26   #52
eagle eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nal
Outside of McGregor, Poirier and Gaethje, who has Khabib beaten who would be considered top tier? Could argue Usman has a similar CV so far.
What decent grappler has Khabib beaten?
Usman has beaten all types.
Thanks from:
18-02-2021, 12:34   #53
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nal View Post

Thats why greatness needs longevity. Was watching some old Jones fights the other night. He was beating people like Bader, Rua, Machida, Sonnen, Belfort etc 9, 10, 11 years ago! Still unbeaten as champ.

Usman and Khabib aren't in his league. Maybe in another 9 or 10 title defences time.

People say the lightweight division is stacked I actually think its the opposite , I think its full of lads that are good but not many stand outs , Henderson, Pettis ,RDA , Alvarez , Conor all champs before Khabib are good but not stellar ,

I'm always shocked at the lack of high level wrestler's a lightweight ,

Welter weight in my opinion is a far tougher division ,

Conor has 1 win at the weight in the UFC and is one of Khabib's best wins says it all really
18-02-2021, 12:37   #54
MrStuffins

Quote:

But that's the thing with biases. I've seen people on this board try to minimise Jones's wins over the very guys you've mentioned. Why? Because they're biased towards someone else who they want to be seen as "The GOAT".

Usman & Khabib have a long way to go before they can match Jones's record. Pico or no pico!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2021, 12:41   #55
The Nal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
What decent grappler has Khabib beaten?
Poirier is a black belt in BJJ. RDA is too. But yeah, its a short list and hes yet to come up against anyone with pedigree in that category, or anyone decent who is bigger than him.

Either way the GOAT conversation is ridiculous.
Thanks from:
18-02-2021, 14:39   #56
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Poirier is a black belt in BJJ. RDA is too. But yeah, its a short list and hes yet to come up against anyone with pedigree in that category, or anyone decent who is bigger than him.

Either way the GOAT conversation is ridiculous.
Being a BJJ blackbelt means F*CK all at that level of fighting ,its like saying Paul McShane is a profession footballer , There are different levels,

Also its not early 2000's , just because you have belt black does not mean you are a HIGH level grappler just ,

When I first stepped on a mat there was one in Ireland (Kavanagh) so that was the highest level of anyone in the sport ,now there most be nearly a thousand which means guys on all different levels,

It' s a great achievement but it doesn't make you an elite grappler in UFC terms ,

oh look at Khabib has no BJJ rank ,
18-02-2021, 14:52   #57
xtal191

Mad people think Usman has a far superior resume than Khabib, to be honest I think they're very very similar but if I had to say who has the better wins its Khabib but as I said its very close
Thanks from:
18-02-2021, 14:54   #58
The Nal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
Being a BJJ blackbelt means F*CK all at that level of fighting ,its like saying Paul McShane is a profession footballer , There are different levels,

Also its not early 2000's , just because you have belt black does not mean you are a HIGH level grappler just ,

When I first stepped on a mat there was one in Ireland (Kavanagh) so that was the highest level of anyone in the sport ,now there most be nearly a thousand which means guys on all different levels,

It' s a great achievement but it doesn't make you an elite grappler in UFC terms ,

oh look at Khabib has no BJJ rank ,
Agree of course. Don Anjos is a 4th degree black belt and hes lost a lot. Including to Usman and Khabib. Has never been submitted though. Same for sambo guys like Arlovski. Lost a lot but never/rarely subbed.

It might not make you an elite grappler in the UFC but it helps! For example can you see McGregor lasting a round against Olivera on the ground?

For giggles though, remember the apparent threat Gaethje's wrestling was to Khabib because Gaethje wrestled in college?
Thanks from:
18-02-2021, 15:14   #59
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtal191 View Post
Mad people think Usman has a far superior resume than Khabib, to be honest I think they're very very similar but if I had to say who has the better wins its Khabib but as I said its very close
Would you agree Khabib's best wins are Conor, Justin & Dustin ?

Conor got one win at lightweight,
Justin is fun to watch but he is not close to elite
Dustin is by far the best guy Khabib has fought
18-02-2021, 15:19   #60
The Floyd p

I genuinely don't know what Usman's best win is tbh. Jorge is very good but not truly elite, Woodley was always massively overrated and now is just a shell, Covington is quite well rounded but very hittable. I don't think Usman has a win as impressive as Khabib's over Poirier, or even Gaethje/McGregor.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion