Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC Q-School 2021 - Feb 8th - 17th

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Degag wrote: »
    Have absolutely zero interest in Barney returning. I may be swayed a bit if he comes back with a bit of enthusiasm and quits the head shaking.

Can’t see it myself. Loved watching him initially but couldn’t stand him by the end.

Can see him giving up again and taking the easy exhibition money (when that opportunity arises again)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Martin Schindler threw a 9 darter against Barney today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Serious bottle from Baggish and Mitchell yesterday they'll do just fine on the tour with that attitude and ability to play under pressure that's what it's all about in darts any of the pros can beat each other on practice boards but the ability to perform under serious pressure is what separates them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 marto501

[quote="

I honestly can't see Sherrock ever getting a tour card[/quote]

A little harsh. She is only 26 and lost at least two of her games 6-5 in the final stage. Imo she has more ability than is given credit for. If she can play the challenge tour and do OK I think she'll get the tour card in the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Serious bottle from Baggish and Mitchell yesterday they'll do just fine on the tour with that attitude and ability to play under pressure that's what it's all about in darts any of the pros can beat each other on practice boards but the ability to perform under serious pressure is what separates them.

I hadn't realised that Baggish went into yesterday with 0 points, so fair play to him, had to get to the final at least to have any chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

marto501 wrote: »
    A little harsh. She is only 26 and lost at least two of her games 6-5 in the final stage. Imo she has more ability than is given credit for. If she can play the challenge tour and do OK I think she'll get the tour card in the next couple of years.

Yeah, not sure i get the dislike for her. It's not her fault that Sky hype the living ****e out of her or crowds boo her opponents unmercifully.

She seems a sound skin so certainly don't begrudge her anything. If she works on her consistency etc could easily get a card and keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

She won nothing of note in the BDO, failed to do qualify for the grandslam and world's against her fellow women. Failed miserably at Q school 3 years in a row. Failed on the challenge tour. She played 2 good games in her life where her opponent was jeered and whistled at, causing them to miss stupid amounts of doubles .

She's not very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

She's still a long way from getting a tour card. She can throw a good 90's average game but drop into a low 80 or 70's straight after (first day of the second phase when she bet Scott Mitchell is a classic example)

Compare that to a load of players who didn't get a tour card but still maintained 80/90 averages throughout the days. She'll need to develop a lot more consistency to her game.

I'd blame sky/media for all the hype she gets!

On another note it's a bit disappointing that none of the Irish guys picked up tour cards especially after the positive performance on the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

marto501 wrote: »

I'm not talking exclusively about her ability - I think the hype around her will weigh on her shoulders and put more and more pressure on her with each passing year. Would be great to see her get one though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

US2 wrote: »
    She won nothing of note in the BDO, failed to do qualify for the grandslam and world's against her fellow women. Failed miserably at Q school 3 years in a row. Failed on the challenge tour. She played 2 good games in her life where her opponent was jeered and whistled at, causing them to miss stupid amounts of doubles .

She's not very good

I have to agree with this. I was a little surprised she got through Stage 1 of Q-School. I agree with others it's not really her fault though, Sky have hyped it her to a level way above her ability.

She may get one in the future but she needs to play all Challenge Tour events to try and improve her consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

They're using Q school order of merit for UK open, does that mean Shane Mcguirk and Martin Hennegan qualify for that ?

Disappointed no irish won a card but we have Keane barry to start on tour, with the resurgence of Lennon and hopefully Willie can get back to his best could be a great year.

Looking foward to seeing how Dolan does this year with his new throw speed after the excellent game against price in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can any Tom Dick or Sally enter Q school or do you have fall under certain criteria ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can any Tom Dick or Sally enter Q school or do you have fall under certain criteria ?

from: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/12/11/2021-pdc-qualifying-schools-information-confirmed

Entry, costing £450 per player (which includes £50 DRA sanction fee), will be available from 0900 GMT on Monday December 14 and can be made through PDC Tournament Entry System.

Players who have not previously played in PDC events will be required to Register with this system before being able to enter. Players who competed in PDC events in 2019 or 2020 will use the same login details for this system at this link.

The entry deadline will be 1400 GMT on Monday January 4 2021. Entry will be limited to a maximum for 512 players per venue for First Stage.

Following your confirmed entry, the PDPA will contact you via your registered email address to complete your PDPA Membership.

Players who do not win a PDC Tour Card will become PDPA Associate Members and be eligible to compete on the PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour in 2021.

The 2021 Challenge Tour will feature a minimum of eight events before the end of June 2021, with details of further events and all dates to be confirmed on entry.

Players wishing to compete in Qualifying School are advised not to book non-refundable hotels or travel at present; further details will be confirmed to players in due course.

Players from the UK, Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar shall play in the UK Q School. Players from all other European Nations shall play in the European Q School. Players from other nations may choose in which Q School to participate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Healio wrote: »
    from: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/12/11/2021-pdc-qualifying-schools-information-confirmed

Entry, costing £450 per player (which includes £50 DRA sanction fee), will be available from 0900 GMT on Monday December 14 and can be made through PDC Tournament Entry System.

Players who have not previously played in PDC events will be required to Register with this system before being able to enter. Players who competed in PDC events in 2019 or 2020 will use the same login details for this system at this link.

The entry deadline will be 1400 GMT on Monday January 4 2021. Entry will be limited to a maximum for 512 players per venue for First Stage.

Following your confirmed entry, the PDPA will contact you via your registered email address to complete your PDPA Membership.

Players who do not win a PDC Tour Card will become PDPA Associate Members and be eligible to compete on the PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour in 2021.

The 2021 Challenge Tour will feature a minimum of eight events before the end of June 2021, with details of further events and all dates to be confirmed on entry.

Players wishing to compete in Qualifying School are advised not to book non-refundable hotels or travel at present; further details will be confirmed to players in due course.

Players from the UK, Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar shall play in the UK Q School. Players from all other European Nations shall play in the European Q School. Players from other nations may choose in which Q School to participate.

Id say a few lads go over for the jolly in normal times

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭thebronze14

Sure some German lad averaged 33 I think it was in one of his matches. More money than sense

Advertisement