McGregor by Sub 3 1.21%
McGregor on Pts 11 4.44%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed  

21-01-2021, 08:41   #61
moneyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb View Post
If Conor can’t take Dustin out I expect it to be a very competitive fight for as long as it goes.

Could McGregor be quite tired come rds 4/5 should Dustin be still there fighting..?
More than likely, yes. I don't really buy that Conor's cardio could improve to such an extent that it could be on par with the likes of Poirier/Diaz etc in the later rounds, particularly if he hasn't had it all his way to that point. It's a weakness, largely due to his explosive style. His punches never have pop when we've seen him in rounds 4 And 5, and his footwork and movement are seriously slowed by that point also. That's normal to a degree but it seems to affect Conor more than others.

I think he has a good chance of finishing Dustin within the first two rounds regardless. But if it goes to the later rounds nothing will surprise me.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-01-2021, 09:57   #62
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyman View Post
More than likely, yes. I don't really buy that Conor's cardio could improve to such an extent that it could be on par with the likes of Poirier/Diaz etc in the later rounds, particularly if he hasn't had it all his way to that point. It's a weakness, largely due to his explosive style. His punches never have pop when we've seen him in rounds 4 And 5, and his footwork and movement are seriously slowed by that point also. That's normal to a degree but it seems to affect Conor more than others.

I think he has a good chance of finishing Dustin within the first two rounds regardless. But if it goes to the later rounds nothing will surprise me.
I don't buy the cardio issues talk ,

Came about after Diaz 1, he was fighting at Welter weight and had only 3 month previous been fighting at Feather weight so you can see how that would cause cardo issues when he was trying to get a bigger man out of there like he did feather weights ,, he also got hurt by a shot from Diaz

Then you have the Floyd fight where he lasted 30 minutes in his first boxing match against one of the greatest to ever do it,

Against Khabib he lasted longer than Dustin and even won the 3rd round and now he seems in better shape than that,

Can he lose yes of course but I don't buy the bad cardio story ,

Is he more dangerous early yes but I don't think he has cardio "problems"
Thanks from:
21-01-2021, 10:03   #63
akelly02

porier will be thinking 'get to round 3 and i beat this guy'

still think he gets finished early though, i just hope its not 40 seconds
21-01-2021, 10:10   #64
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelly02 View Post
porier will be thinking 'get to round 3 and i beat this guy'

still think he gets finished early though, i just hope its not 40 seconds
He has basically said as much that he will try not to engage early the problem is if he does not "engage" how does he expect Conor to tire ?

Its not like Conor will chase him swinging wild shots and miss he is way more measured , The perception is that Conor tired fighting Diaz & even if that is true Diaz took an absolute pasting before that happened , He was also on the deck and Conor let him up afraid of his guard if Dustin hits the deck Conor will be all over him ,

I think Dustin's only chance is to hurt Conor in an exchange ,
21-01-2021, 10:11   #65
Still Ill

I think the cardio problem is very real. Does he possess KO power after round 2? Not that I've seen.
Advertisement
21-01-2021, 10:28   #66
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Ill View Post
I think the cardio problem is very real. Does he possess KO power after round 2? Not that I've seen.

Well he has only gone past round 2 3 times
Holloway on one leg ,and Max has never been stopped by strikes,
Khabib hard to tell as he mauls everyone,
Diaz who has only ever been stopped once with a cracking shin to the head,

Conor has only lost once when he gone past round 2 and that was to the GOAT

I just don't see any real evidence of the cardio "problem" , but yes he is more likely to KO you early ,
21-01-2021, 11:27   #67
LollipopJimmy

A very different fight night for me. Normally I'm out and come home to watch or have the lads round. This time I intend early to bed Saturday, get up at 3am for the main card, I'll watch the prelims during the week.

Going to get a fry in and time it so that I'm wiping up the last of the egg as I hear 'here we go!'
21-01-2021, 11:42   #68
akelly02

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollipopJimmy View Post
A very different fight night for me. Normally I'm out and come home to watch or have the lads round. This time I intend early to bed Saturday, get up at 3am for the main card, I'll watch the prelims during the week.

Going to get a fry in and time it so that I'm wiping up the last of the egg as I hear 'here we go!'

same , scrambled eggs for me .

my scrambled egg game is like no other , im untouchable at the moment i feel.

i mean gordon ramsey is good, but he is still levels below me .

a focused me takes over the whole egg game in fact, fried , boiled , poached, i take them all.
21-01-2021, 11:49   #69
derfderf

Dustin doesn't have Diaz cardio. He can make to the end of a fight, but he loses some pop in his shots too. He was smashing Max at the start of their fight, Max's only success came in the later rounds.
Advertisement
21-01-2021, 12:17   #70
Still Ill

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
Well he has only gone past round 2 3 times
Holloway on one leg ,and Max has never been stopped by strikes,
Khabib hard to tell as he mauls everyone,
Diaz who has only ever been stopped once with a cracking shin to the head,

Conor has only lost once when he gone past round 2 and that was to the GOAT

I just don't see any real evidence of the cardio "problem" , but yes he is more likely to KO you early ,
Ah yeah, I know that, but I don't think there was any power in his punches in the third round V Khabib and may not be hugely relevant, but there was definitely nothing in his punches after the third v Mayweather.

Anyway, I expect him to get it done within two v Poirier regardless
Thanks from:
21-01-2021, 12:39   #71
simongurnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelly02 View Post
same , scrambled eggs for me .

my scrambled egg game is like no other , im untouchable at the moment i feel.

i mean gordon ramsey is good, but he is still levels below me .

a focused me takes over the whole egg game in fact, fried , boiled , poached, i take them all.
You'll poach nuthin!
21-01-2021, 13:18   #72
Dave0301

Some good lines in there about the posters from McGregor.

(2) thanks from:
21-01-2021, 13:40   #73
Whelo79

Nice and friendly all around in the press conference so far.

Conor is definetly showing the weight cut in his face already I reckon. Dustin too but less so.
21-01-2021, 13:51   #74
dave1982

As much as I hate to say it, conor coming across very well in presser. Looking for khabibs belt to stripped after for inactivity after 3month is ironic. Other than that he seems like nice fella
21-01-2021, 14:04   #75
but1er

anyone else think Dustin looked wrecked? could be the time difference or the weight but i cant see anything past conor inside 2
Thread Closed