Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weekend Boxing Thread (Dubois v Joyce & Jacobs v Rosado)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'm just waiting on the main event, thought that was Scott Quigg in the ring for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »
    This card has been quite poor!

Card is shocking but it was shocking on paper too in fairness. I'll take a great main event with a poor card on non-PPV over the ****e Sky have been serving up on non-PPV this year all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Yea.

Carl Frampton is hard to listen to. I hate how English or ‘uk’ commentary teams are such cheerleaders. David ‘I concur’ Haye. Unbearable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Anybody staying up for the battle of the two de-clawed cats at 1PM. They have some balls charging twenty quid for that.

This should be very interesting. He got rid of Gorman very easily, I wonder will he do the same to the bigger man Joyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Dubois in or around the fifth for me. Hurts Joyce to the body and takes him out.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Dubois in or around the fifth for me. Hurts Joyce to the body and takes him out.

That’s my take on it too. Round 4 or 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Bizarre comment that it is 2 up and coming heavyweights, i mean Joyce is 35 FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bizarre comment that it is 2 up and coming heavyweights, i mean Joyce is 35 FFS!!

He's still unbeaten and a very good boxer. He's young in his professional career.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,588 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ring looks tiny with these two in it!

They’re enormous! Look at the size of Dubois’ chest!!!

• Advertisement

I honestly can't call this, could be a round 1 knockout for Dubois, could be a later round ko for either or even a points win for either.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I honestly can't call this, could be a round 1 knockout for Dubois, could be a later round ko for either or even a points win for either.

Yes. Any result will not surprise!

Here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

eagle eye wrote: »
    He's still unbeaten and a very good boxer. He's young in his professional career.

Yeah i get all that but and maybe its just me but you can’t really be up and coming at 35... probably only has 2 or 3 years left in career

Joyce looks like he's wearing flip-flops and socks.

There goes my prediction!

Excellent start by Joyce. Dubois’ face very red already. He didnt throw much at all despite Joyce being open on at least 3 occasions. Body shot is on. No power hits yet. Here we go.

Great round for Joyce, hit with the jab almost every time. He's got a significant reach advantage so this offers him the opportunity to keep it at distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

1-0 JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I always think Joyce looks a bit awkward or something

• Advertisement

Both desperately slow!

Nice start for Joyce, scoring and gloves up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Joyce looks so slow when Dubois puts pressure on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

1-1

1-1

Even now. Nothing too clean landed yet though and I’m impressed at Joyce’s ability to evade. He’s using his jab well but no commitment

Seems like Dubois has timed Joyce's jab, not getting hit anywhere near as much as in the first. Surely only a matter of time before Dubois catches him.

One apiece, smartest fighter I'd say Dubois has ever faced.

Joyce round for me. Dubois breathing heavily and looking unsure of himself

• Advertisement

2-1 JJ just about. DDD very little head movement and spent the round eating jabs after having an early flurry.

Advertisement