Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

mike tyson v roy jones jr sat 28th nov free to air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Wouldn't mind watching this (hint hint)
    If someone could tell me how (hint hint) I would be grateful lol

sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Ortez was very impressive. Catriona's distant cousin is struggling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

patmac wrote: »
    Ortez was very impressive. Catriona's distant cousin is struggling here.

Had to think about that for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

redarmy wrote: »
    sent

If you wouldn't mind I'd be very grateful;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This is a ****ing sideshow...... I love it.....

• Advertisement

Will mike come out with the white towel shirt??? He has to

Tyson goat impression! Amazing

I have a feeling Tyson will devour him in 20 seconds. He has never been this energised and he is incredibly confident. I believe Tyson Fury has undoubtedly inspired him. I like Tyson, I like his character. I think he's a genuine person. I wish him the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Surely a guy out of competition 2 years is not gonna be devoured in 20 seconds by a guy out of competition 15 years!!

That said it's not a real competition.

Tyson is a brute. We'll see how it goes. Ding ding

• Advertisement

This week has been like going back in time. I was born in 1980 and have spent a lot of spare time this week watching clips of Maradona. Now we got iron mike. Pretty much the two biggest sport stars in the late 80s when I was hitting 10 yrs of age and falling in love with both sports. Then in the 90s. Roy was like bruce lee to me. Just another planet. I wasn't sure how to take this event but it's been fun. Hopefully a decent scrap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

This week has been like going back in time. I was born in 1980 and have spent a lot of spare time this week watching clips of Maradona. Now we got iron mike. Pretty much the two biggest sport stars in the late 80s when I was hitting 10 yrs of age and falling in love with both sports. Then in the 90s. Roy was like bruce lee to me. Just another planet. I wasn't sure how to take this event but it's been fun. Hopefully a decent scrap now.

take it easy on the cans :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bassy wrote: »
    take it easy on the cans :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ha ha! Fair enough boss. Getting nostalgic here. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Snoop on the commentary fairly cringe - he should try his luck at the noodle weight class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ah sure candemic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Commentators trying to convince us that isn't pure sh1te.

Ah sure candemic :D

I'm infected!!!

Jones is making a balls of the fight holding.

Jones is making a balls of the fight holding.

Wary of the power. Ref should break them quicker

Good night folks. Shout out to my homies in Pensacola and russia.

• Advertisement

Wary of the power. Ref should break them quicker

Yes I agree. Overall I'm a bit deflated. A tame affair to be honest. Thanks for your help tonight mate. Time to get a few zzzzz now, Goodnight and stay well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Watched it this morning & not going lie i kond of enjoyed it,
    Was not as bad as i thought it be, Jonesheld way to much but i think Mike hurt him a fair few times

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just watched it, good performance and much better than I expected
    Jones running and holding was what saved him.
    I expected Tyson to get tired quickly but it was Jones that was first to gas out.
    I think the man interviewing them both at the end was a bit rude to Mike, he was all over Jones though

Yeh just watched it there, Jones looked bolloxed by the 4th round but got a second win.

Some of Tysons rabbit punches were savage, I was kind of flinching at times hoping he wouldn’t make any connections on the head as some
    Of them widow makers.

Was kind of weird and fun at times but I’m not sure I’d want to see this frequently. On one hand it’s great seeing these boxers and remembering how awesome they were at their peak. But on the other, it feels wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

See tbh. That was much, much better than I thought. I expected this to be fun for around a minute then we'd have two gassed 50 year olds staring at each other. But Tyson came to win and even though Roy was holding on for large spells of the fight he took a few big punches and survived, even landed a few flurries of his own.

Genuinely seen a lot worse contests from men half their age. I think the two minute rounds really helped.

Next year I would not be the least bit surprised to see Tyson v Holyfield III and Jones Jr v Anderson Silva in an exhibition.

Finally, I don't care who does it, but Jake Paul needs knocked out badly, I don't care who does it. He's never fought in an actual fight vs someone who's actually trained and he's walking around like he's Tyson in 86.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm so annoyed, I stayed awake until 4am ish..... computer beside me... then, zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    not a drop of drink, just zero sugar fanta lemon....

I just watched the full fight.... how was that called a draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Even for what it was, a glorified friendly spar, I thought it was absolutely ****e. Both could well do with the money so fair play to them but jesus christ I'm embarrassed there's a market for this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched it there on YouTube.

Utter garbage..as I thought. Too washed up has-beens on the take!

I don't mind these carnival fights but when there's no knockouts allowed and a cut ends the fight it's just taking the piss.

Tyson would have finished it comfortably.

Whatever about Tyson jones, the Robinson v jake Paul thing was embarrassing. And not because of paul either. Robinson looked like bambi on ice and could have got badly hurt and probably did. You can't just train for a couple of months and then box, anyone. If I went down to a gym today, I'm sure they wouldn't let me bang without headgear for quite some time.
    Anyway, as a boxing spectacle it was a circus, although the two real fights on the card were very good.
    As a bit of entertainment on a Saturday night it gave me a few laughs and nowadays, I'll take that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

walshb wrote: »
    I watched it there on YouTube.

Utter garbage..as I thought. Too washed up has-beens on the take!

Thank god somebody talking the truth.

It was an embarrassing disgrace.

Advertisement