View Poll Results: Winner & Method
Khabib - Decision 15 18.75%
Gaethje - Decision 6 7.50%
Khabib - KO/TKO 9 11.25%
Gaethje - KO/TKO 24 30.00%
Khabib - Submission 25 31.25%
Gaethje - Submission 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-10-2020, 20:24   #61
EagererBeaver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,133
Khabib's cut looked brutal. Portable heaters turned on in the room and pulling on more and more layers while on the bike sweating absolute buckets.

Didn't realise Michael Chandler was to be the backup here in case there was some issue. Didn't he sign with them like 5 mins ago?

Last edited by EagererBeaver; 23-10-2020 at 20:30.
EagererBeaver is offline  
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 22:04   #62
Gamb!t
Registered User
 
Gamb!t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvaog5dTBKw
Gamb!t is offline  
23-10-2020, 23:08   #63
eagle eye
Registered User
 
eagle eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30,789
Khabib's weigh in looks dodgy for sure.
eagle eye is offline  
23-10-2020, 23:28   #64
LollipopJimmy
Registered User
 
LollipopJimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
Khabib's weigh in looks dodgy for sure.
No ****s given, fights on
LollipopJimmy is offline  
23-10-2020, 23:37   #65
Brussels Sprout
Registered User
 
Brussels Sprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,941
It's amazing that Khabib is still able to do that cut considering that he was hospitalised making that same weight 3 and a half years ago. That's probably one of the main reasons why he talks about retiring so much - he knows there's only so many times left that he can do it.
Brussels Sprout is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 23:53   #66
Esse85
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,603
What weight does Khabib cut from? 180-185 lbs?
Esse85 is online now  
23-10-2020, 23:54   #67
simongurnick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,833
Tiramisu
simongurnick is offline  
Thanks from:
24-10-2020, 06:09   #68
Mellor
Registered User
 
Mellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 35,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brussels Sprout View Post
It's amazing that Khabib is still able to do that cut considering that he was hospitalised making that same weight 3 and a half years ago. That's probably one of the main reasons why he talks about retiring so much - he knows there's only so many times left that he can do it.
I think he was bigger then than he was for recent fights. Unless he’s added mass for this fight.



No idea what he’s cutting from. But 175 would be a big LW.

Last edited by Mellor; 24-10-2020 at 06:13.
Mellor is offline  
24-10-2020, 09:16   #69
JacksonHeightsOwn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,820
The one and only time I ever put money on a fight was when Johnny hendricks barely made weight against robbie Lawlor, he looked like death warmed up on the scales. He subsequently went 5 rounds and I lost my e20. That was pre usada and during the times they could use an iv bag to rehydrate, I wonder if khabib can recover quickly enough, he looks like ****e on those scales.
JacksonHeightsOwn is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 10:21   #70
derfderf
Registered User
 
derfderf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbonnie View Post
The one and only time I ever put money on a fight was when Johnny hendricks barely made weight against robbie Lawlor, he looked like death warmed up on the scales. He subsequently went 5 rounds and I lost my e20. That was pre usada and during the times they could use an iv bag to rehydrate, I wonder if khabib can recover quickly enough, he looks like ****e on those scales.
Yoel romero vs Whittaker 2. He was carried to the scales, and missed weight. In the girst fight he was outclassed. Part 2 changed Whittaker i reckon.
Pay no mind to the scales.
derfderf is offline  
24-10-2020, 10:27   #71
sonofenoch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,785
Will the main event be an hr earlier than usual with the clock change so around 4am ? I don't even know where fight island is do they have clocks?
sonofenoch is offline  
24-10-2020, 10:30   #72
gizabeer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofenoch View Post
Will the main event be an hr earlier than usual with the clock change so around 4am ? I don't even know where fight island is do they have clocks?
card starts at 9pm
gizabeer is offline  
24-10-2020, 10:31   #73
stuchyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofenoch View Post
Will the main event be an hr earlier than usual with the clock change so around 4am ? I don't even know where fight island is do they have clocks?
Main card starts at 7pm Irish time
stuchyg is offline  
24-10-2020, 10:33   #74
gizabeer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
Main card starts at 7pm Irish time
Even Better
gizabeer is offline  
24-10-2020, 10:44   #75
Hello 2D Person Below
Registered User
 
Hello 2D Person Below's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 8,310
Khabib will rag doll Gaethje unless Gaethje has made serious adjustments.
Hello 2D Person Below is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet