31-08-2020, 14:58   #1
Peck3277

Clontarf - Bull Wall swim times

I'd like to start doing a bit of swimming off the Bull wall out in Clontarf. Does anyone know what times either side of high tide (e.g hour before and after is best) are the best for swimming out there?
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 11:40   #2
mad m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peck3277 View Post
I'd like to start doing a bit of swimming off the Bull wall out in Clontarf. Does anyone know what times either side of high tide (e.g hour before and after is best) are the best for swimming out there?
https://www.sailing.ie/Tides/Dublin
Thanks from:
06-09-2020, 14:50   #3
Seaswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peck3277 View Post
I am not that familiar with the area tide wise but don't forget the tide goes out faster than it comes in. You would probably be ok up to 4 hours before high water as once you get enough water to start swimming it is only going to get deeper. Getting in on an ebbing tide however can leave you high and dry and have you walking in a bit!! Best to start off a couple of hours either side of high tide the time of which mad m has helpfully linked to. Less of a tidal range at neaps so probably easier to figure it out then. Spring tides will leave the water very far out near low tide.
Quick tip for you. if the tide is full in between 12 and 2 (roughly) it is always a spring tide in Dublin.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion