Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some round from Redman !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Nice to see Cink winning again.

I'm still bitter he beat Watson though

Scheffler out of the US open

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

what do we think about a winning score in Winged Foot?
    Looking at some of the videos being posted it looks brutal but at the moment the greens are quite soft. if it dries out it will be a different story

I'm going with cut at +8
    winner -2.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Winner +4
    Justin Rose to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

One if the Korean players, think it was Byeong Hun An, posted something on twitter, saying he shot +8 for the back 9 in a practice round, so could be some interesting scores.

Fitzpatricks caddie also posted this vid

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rapaport/status/1305908192988344325

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭abff

That's the type of thing that you expect to see when playing Crazy Golf. What's next? Windmills in front of the hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Winner +3

Fancy Jon Rahm to finally win his first major.

Outside chance to Tony Finua and Tommy Fleetwood.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Wonder how many times Phil will stop the ball rolling off the green.

fearruanua wrote: »
    what do we think about a winning score in Winged Foot?
    Looking at some of the videos being posted it looks brutal but at the moment the greens are quite soft. if it dries out it will be a different story

I'm going with cut at +8
    winner -2.

Last time it was here I think the winner was plus 5! Supposedly course lengthened since then. -2 is optimistic. I will go plus 3

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I can see it over par too, who ever hits the fairways, greens and makes lots of pars will win.
    I think it's a good course for Lowry with his unbelievable short game if he can keep his drives on the short stuff.
    I wouldn't rule out a Tiger masterclass either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think the winner will be an elite player, doubt we'll see a shock. Not exactly sticking my neck out but I fancy DJ strongly.

Reckon Woods, Mickelson and Rory will all miss the cut.

Winning score level par at best.

Fair to say the 1974 US Open at Winged Foot was fairly tough :eek:

US-Open-1974.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ill go with +4 as the winning score.
    Jason dufner for the win.
    Edit: looks like dufner is not playing.

Hideki Matsuyama for the win

Ill go with +4 as the winning score.
    Jason dufner for the win.
    Edit: looks like dufner is not playing.

Hideki Matsuyama for the win

Why Dufner? Hasn’t shown anything in years

Big day for Sugrue hopefully he can put in a decent showing, huge test though could be all about damage limitation.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Why Dufner? Hasn’t shown anything in years

I always throw a small bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

After seeing a picture of the rough it looks quite long and very thick. Without fans I wonder if there will be a lot of lost balls? Or would fans not really be a factor in locating them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Went for Wolff and Champ, solely based on odds and performance at last Major.

Feel I should have picked an experienced grind-it-outer now by the looks of it.

Went for Wolff and Champ, solely based on odds and performance at last Major.

Feel I should have picked an experienced grind-it-outer now by the looks of it.

i had a nibble at wolff too he's in great form, see bryson saying he's going to attack the course, and worse case scenario he's in the rough 100 yards to the green, if he gets lucky he could blow the field away

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Rough is over 5 inches, I think Bryson might be onto something.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    Rough is over 5 inches, I think Bryson might be onto something.

I heard the rough is graded, the closer to the hole the higher the rough is. Should be like that every week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭bren2001

I heard the rough is graded, the closer to the hole the higher the rough is. Should be like that every week.

No laying up were saying its graduated on some holes e.g. the par 5's but not on others i.e. the shorter par 4's. It certainly looks like it could be a brilliant tournament to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Second guessing myself now as I think long rough with no spectators is going to (finally!) lead to some lost balls.

Keeping it on the short stuff or at least near where everyone else is landing might be the smart play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

bren2001 wrote: »
    No laying up were saying its graduated on some holes e.g. the par 5's but not on others i.e. the shorter par 4's. It certainly looks like it could be a brilliant tournament to watch.

Think they also said you'd likely be better off with a 7i from the fairway than a wedge from the rough in some cases so will be interesting alright.

That and the fact that it requires different shaping on different holes to get the optimal drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Surely it should be the wider you go the thicker the rough, why should big hitters be punished for just being big hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

GreeBo wrote: »
    Second guessing myself now as I think long rough with no spectators is going to (finally!) lead to some lost balls.

Keeping it on the short stuff or at least near where everyone else is landing might be the smart play.

For sure there will be lost balls, although they will have spotters out there still. You would see it plenty times at the irish open or the open last year where the ball would for sure have been lost if not for spectators in the area and they see it or they have trampled down that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Salvadoor

etxp wrote: »
    For sure there will be lost balls, although they will have spotters out there still. You would see it plenty times at the irish open or the open last year where the ball would for sure have been lost if not for spectators in the area and they see it or they have trampled down that area.

Speith with a lost drive 10 minutes ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

hole in one there from Reed

scores seem good so far, is it calm is anyone watching ?
    Is it to get windier in the afternoon ? sorry to ask i'm in work !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Salvadoor

scores seem good so far, is it calm is anyone watching ?
    Is it to get windier in the afternoon ? sorry to ask i'm in work !

Greens are relatively soft for the early starters

Advertisement