16-08-2020, 06:18   #31
joeguevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
Not sure about this. Ref clearly said "you are punched" so I'd imagine the ref would have called it a TKO
Just looked it up. If it’s intentional, and fighter can’t continue the fighter will lose by disqualification.

If an eye gouge occurs occurs as a result of a legal punch, it isn’t a foul. Unless the ref sees it as a separate movement.
Advertisement
16-08-2020, 06:22   #32
joeguevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafankillar View Post
that eye poke was disgusting and ****ed up a bit of his performance as he was getting back into it, but he was basically out only for that bell so his luck sort of canceled itself out.

I think the main decider was how much of a punch stipe could take. thought that was pretty clear after surviving such big punches from nganou
I took it that the fact he was demonstrably clenching stiles legs which protected his face was evidence of him defending himself so fight not stopped. Not sure how long he would have been able to continue that and the bell definitely saved him.
16-08-2020, 09:40   #33
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Goddamn the chin and heart on both those guys. Glad Stipe won but both looked so exhausted. New gloves seriously needed to help stop the eye pokes. Jones can F off sniffing around for a shot at Stipe. I hope it happens eventually as would love to see Stipe wreck him.
Thanks from:
16-08-2020, 11:38   #34
LollipopJimmy

My ****ing arsehole sky box didn't record it, i was far too tired to stay up. I know the results now from trying to find vids online
16-08-2020, 12:21   #35
smilerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwell View Post
Nah others commenting in the Fight night thread who couldnt be bothered taking the 2 seconds it takes to make a thread...
a lot of people are confused with this new fighnight thread
You should go back to individual threads
Advertisement
16-08-2020, 12:27   #36
smilerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LollipopJimmy View Post
My ****ing arsehole sky box didn't record it, i was far too tired to stay up. I know the results now from trying to find vids online
mine too
Started recording at the result
16-08-2020, 12:28   #37
The Ayatolla

Yep same here. Not sure what happened the recordings. Only had 70mins and started at them announcing the decision for the main event.
16-08-2020, 12:32   #38
Titzon Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeguevara View Post
Some fight. DC was lucky to last last around.

Any word on O’Malley, was he injured?
He must certainly was, some lad on Reddit posted a few days ago that he'd noticed Sean hobbling around awkwardly and only walking on the treadmill in episode 5 of UFC embedded.

Also, some punter put $40k on Chitto to win in the 1st round only a few hours before the fight. He had to have had some inside info. Paid out $190K.

It could have been a great fight too, shame.
16-08-2020, 12:53   #39
rob316

Nice fight. Stipe just ate everything he threw at him never in trouble.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-08-2020, 13:24   #40
Tazzimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titzon Toast View Post
He must certainly was, some lad on Reddit posted a few days ago that he'd noticed Sean hobbling around awkwardly and only walking on the treadmill in episode 5 of UFC embedded.

Also, some punter put $40k on Chitto to win in the 1st round only a few hours before the fight. He had to have had some inside info. Paid out $190K.

It could have been a great fight too, shame.
Looks like Chito hurt him with a leg kick early on as well. Lads on Reddit reckon it was some nerve in his leg that was hurt, you can see his foot dragging shortly after the kick and when he went down at the finish.
16-08-2020, 19:48   #41
pauldoo

I thought Rogan and Cruz were biased in the commentary and didn't give stipe enough credit, Anik was the only one praising him. Thought Stipe comfortably won that 49-46, maybe even 50-45 at a push, youd never tell listening to the commentary

Generally a fan of both Cruz and Rogan
16-08-2020, 20:49   #42
US2

Sickening to see most people saying Stipe only won cos of eye poke. DCs eye was badly swollen before the poke. Stipe didn't seem worried atall about DCs power, walked straight into a few nice shots. Complete domination I thought.

People too saying o malley lost cos of a freak accident, i thought chito blocked a kick an hurt him, then he rolllee his ankle.
Thanks from:
16-08-2020, 21:43   #43
smilerf

Aniks pronunciation of miocic was really bothering me lol
Thanks from:
16-08-2020, 22:21   #44
Carroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by US2 View Post

People too saying o malley lost cos of a freak accident, i thought chito blocked a kick an hurt him, then he rolllee his ankle.
John kavanagh on Twitter explaining what he thinks may have happened. Same with DJ and Cejudo. Kick behind the knee damages the nerve
Thanks from:
16-08-2020, 22:33   #45
Tazzimus

This'll be the moment. He switches stance immediately and you can see his foot starting to drag.
Peroneal nerve is what people are saying he hit.

https://giphy.com/gifs/Q5jZ2DzNABdcpy7A4N

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion