12-07-2020, 17:20   #31
Axwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Most likely to appease people who keep asking for a fight night game but that will never happen once ea has the ufc contract. Saying that, this is the last game on the contract so let's see if they get renewed.

Looking forward to the Venum update in march
They had Frost and Bishop in UFC3 so it's the same sort of thing again, although I wouldn't say its to appease people as such..its clearly a marketing strategy to try gain some fans and sales by giving boxing fans (and fight night fans) a reason to buy the game when there is no boxing alternative.

I'm hoping they don't get renewed for a new contract, it would be good to see the series get a fresh start now moving on to the next-gen consoles and a different approach to gameplay etc. After 4 iterations from EA it would just turn into their regular reskin and recycle that happens with the majority of their sports games and ends up usually being all smoke and mirrors for a game with very little tweaks. If Ultimate team turned into the cash cow that it is in FIFA then they wouldn't change a thing between 3 and 4. I'm still not expecting huge improvements in 4 but I am kind of glad they removed UT as it means there is some pressure on them to deliver improvements and tweaks elsewhere to balance it out. Hopefully a lot of that went into career mode as it has always been the biggest let down for me.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 17:39   #32
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Yeah, career is my go to but the last great career mode i played was EA MMA which is ironic as it was made by EA as well. Agree, it could do with another dev giving out a go but then we would have a few years of them sorting out their own mma gameplay.

I checked my ufc 3 and i don't see a tile on the main menu to preorder ufc 4, hope it's not just for America.
12-07-2020, 17:48   #33
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

On reddit, a guy in the uk can see 4 preorder discount on his 3 menu but other people can't. Hope it's just taking its time to be added.
12-07-2020, 17:51   #34
martyos121

It was on my menu last night but clicking on it ended in an error screen within the PS Store. Will try it again later and report back, the servers for UFC 3 have been muck for me the last few days so maybe it’s related.
12-07-2020, 17:54   #35
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Hopefully, that 20% discount brings it to 56 euro which is a tasty price. I never played much online ranked but what do ye make of caf's being allowed and not being able to choose weight class?

They said caf's will be balanced but there's bound to be an exploit. Also your main caf will be selectable in all weight divisions, the game will auto resize them. A lot of people online not happy about caf's being allowed but when are people online happy.
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 19:07   #36
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

My 4 preorder just showed up, it was hidden behind the black lives matter message. Brought me to the store and worked. Have it preordered now for €56.69. nice!
Thanks from:
12-07-2020, 19:20   #37
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
Is the pre-order bonus there for anyone who has the third game?
I plan on getting this when its out and of course it would be nice to get the added content weather they will add much to the game though is anyones guess.

Having had the last few hopefully there are a some improvements to the gameplay itself and a bit more depth to the career mode.

It's a pity there's not going to be some kind of update for the newer machines coming out in the next few months as well.
12-07-2020, 19:30   #38
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

The preorder bonus (fury, joshua and the customisation gear for your character) are there for anyone who preorders whether digital or from store. There is a 10% discount if you order through the main menu of ufc 3 (bit finicky for some people but just worked for me) and another 10% discount if you have an EA Access subscription. You get a free trial of it from the psn store or but 1 month for 3 or 4 quid. Then download ufc 3 from there for free if you don't already have it and preorder through that game for the 20% discount.
Thanks from:
12-07-2020, 19:32   #39
How Soon Is Now

Send a message via Yahoo to How Soon Is Now Send a message via Skype™ to How Soon Is Now
Quote:
The preorder bonus (fury, joshua and the customisation gear for your character) are there for anyone who preorders whether digital or from store. There is a 10% discount if you order through the main menu of ufc 3 (bit finicky for some people but just worked for me) and another 10% discount if you have an EA Access subscription. You get a free trial of it from the psn store or but 1 month for 3 or 4 quid. Then download ufc 3 from there for free if you don't already have it and preorder through that game for the 20% discount.

Nice one thanks ill have a look so!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-07-2020, 23:33   #40
martyos121

Quote:
Hopefully, that 20% discount brings it to 56 euro which is a tasty price. I never played much online ranked but what do ye make of caf's being allowed and not being able to choose weight class?

They said caf's will be balanced but there's bound to be an exploit. Also your main caf will be selectable in all weight divisions, the game will auto resize them. A lot of people online not happy about caf's being allowed but when are people online happy.
Just worked for me too, don’t like pre-ordering anything these days but 57 quid is too good a price to pass up.

As for the weight class thing, I actually really like that myself because I always enjoy trying out new fighters and this stops anyone from getting so good with one fighter and spamming the same few moves every time. It should result in a fairer ranking system and fairly reflect the player’s skill at the game. Never use CAFs outside of UT so I’ve no strong opinion on that.
Thanks from:
13-07-2020, 09:08   #41
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Was waiting for this, a breakdown of the trailer. Martial Mind (EA Gamechanger) has seen a lot more but under NDA, still points out some stuff I missed though.

Interesting that there is no clinch deny. You avoid clinch with strikes, footwork, etc. but clinch is so fluid, it works really well. He says Clinch is his favourite change in the game. I always hated clinch in these games, felt so unnatural and robotic.

Thanks from:
13-07-2020, 17:50   #42
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Just got my beta code!!
13-07-2020, 17:51   #43
martyos121

Same, looking forward to getting stuck into this later!
13-07-2020, 18:01   #44
Axwell

Just got mine but the idiots sent me an xbox code..
13-07-2020, 18:15   #45
stephenl15

Downloading now a very nice surprise

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion