akelly02

this game is so bad, bitterly dissapointed
Advertisement
26-01-2021, 18:02   #377
Axwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Threw this on again today
...it was at this moment I knew Zero Cool was ****ed.

Its just foolish of us to turn it on in the hopes something might magically change or improve the game at this stage. In typical EA fashion they couldn't care less, the game is out there and made some money and they just go back to what they were doing (mostly counting all their money from Ultimate team on FIFA) until its time to start considering rolling out another UFC game.
26-01-2021, 18:07   #378
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axwell View Post
...it was at this moment I knew Zero Cool was ****ed.

Its just foolish of us to turn it on in the hopes something might magically change or improve the game at this stage. In typical EA fashion they couldn't care less, the game is out there and made some money and they just go back to what they were doing (mostly counting all their money from Ultimate team on FIFA) until its time to start considering rolling out another UFC game.
It's mad how well they fooled the press as well as the first hour or 2 of this looks good enough to get a good review, they knew it was just enough work to make some sells, awful.

Has anyone played UFC 3 lately? I'm tempted to download it again to try it. I think the big thing it's missing is the new clinch game but i could just avoid the clinch.
26-01-2021, 18:50   #379
Axwell

On paper, it sounds great though - Blitz battles, backyard brawls, amazing new (insert EA made up name here for something or other), improved clinch game..blah blah blah.

There's always enough there to dazzle and if you are playing an earlier version you assume stuff is tweaked and fixed. I remember a good few years ago I got to go over to EA in Surrey and play the new FIFA that was coming out and speak to the equivalent of Geoff. You get dazzled by being there, by getting your hands on this new game for a bit, stuff instantly is going to look and feel different because it is..but it doesn't mean its better..its just different and first impressions usually are elevated because of that. Oh yeah it feels much better, this looked so much better, this new feature is great..cant wait for the full release.

Then the full game comes out and you actually sit down and start putting hours into it and you realise oh wait, this part is actually really broken, and this stuff that was great..they have made a mess of in favour of that tiny thing they added that I thought was cool at the time..until i realised the stuff they sacrificed in favour of it. All these new modes they added..they sound cool, but wait you cant play them online, against other people...you can only play them in your gaff wth others..what is this 1995? Even now FIFA has Volta mode which is like street football, playing in basketball courts and stuff..sounded amazing when they announced it, until it came out and it was just against the AI or offline but they pretty much kept that part secret until right before it dropped.

We used to run FIFA leagues and within the game there was a whole league feature where you could setup an online league, you just added the teams and then it would do all the fixtures and leaderboards etc..then one year they just removed it completely. I remember asking him what was the reason for taking it out and he said there wasn't as a huge demand for it, and I said but it was just a mode there really for managing data it was still using the same engine and gameplay as if I was just playing someone online in any other mode. He had no argument and no real reason for taking it out, and it was a feature that plenty of communities used so it was popular enough..but the reality was they wanted to push online play towards ultimate team since that as the money maker. Remove as much of the other modes and stuff that was a distraction as possible and try drive people to Ultimate Team.

I felt UFC was going this way when they added Ultimate Team and I was completely against it as it would ruin the game going forward, thankfully they made an absolute balls of it and it flopped. But the flip side of that is because it flopped and because this is an MMA game and doesn't have the same large fan base as FIFA they probably looked at it and said oh well we tried that and it didn't work so let's just focus on tweaking what we have, adding as much gloss to it so it looks like its much improved but lets try reuse a much as we can from the previous game and tweak some of the bigger things based on feedback. Thats basically what we got and unfortunately since they got a new contract that's really what we are going to continue to get going forward until some other company decides to make an MMA game and give it some competition.
Thanks from:
13-02-2021, 22:18   #380
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

So Vettori is one of the latest fighters added but they made him him regular stance with no switch stat when in fact he's a Southpaw. Also, the challenges for UFC 258 are backwards. The 'win 5 fights as Usman' can only be completed if you play as Burns and the 'win 5 fights as Burns' can only be won as Usman. The devs don't give a single ****.

Gonna install UFC 2 later just to give it a quick try. I imagine the standup wouldn't be as smooth but interested just to see how UT single player holds up.
Advertisement
15-02-2021, 13:15   #381
Chairman Meow

The only one of these games i ever owned was UFC 3. I thought it was great until it got to the ground game. The ground game in that was honest to god dreadful. No matter how hard i tried i think i only ever managed to get 1 or 2 submissions, and not once could i escape from a submission. Im not exaggerating when i say i have literally had an easier time pulling of submissions in real life BJJ than in fictional video game BJJ. Id play as someone like Demian Maia and manage to get a KO easier than a submission. Like wtf is up with that?? I uninstalled it out of sheer frustration after about a week. Dont think id ever bother trying another one.
17-02-2021, 08:48   #382
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Gave UFC 2 another whirl, jumped into Ultimate team to see my roster of comic characters still there. Straight into Single Player championships and forgot you fight against other peoples downloaded fighters, such a great system. Anyway, we were 2 low level fighters so it felt slow and lacking moves and we couldn't ko each other. Went all 3 rounds and we were both completely bust up by the end. Bought a few packs with a ton of points I had from last time playing and unlocked some class moves.

I t was a great laugh but overall, the standup was too much of a stepback to keep going with it. Once you get used to the fluid movement of 3 and then 4, 2 seems a bit 'stuck in the mud'. It's mad to see how downhill some features went though in 3 and further in 4.
05-03-2021, 12:04   #383
WhymeWhynot

Patch notes for March4th update

Quote:
Added 2 new fighters, Kevin Holland and Vicente Luque
Added a timed delay to matchmaking if a user repeatedly does not finish online matches
Gameplay Updates:

Clinch Knees now receive a boost when Knees Boost is active in Career
Fixed animation issue in a specific diving punch knee on belly entry
Community Feedback:

Updated Michael Chandler’s nickname to “Iron” Michael Chandler
Osoto-Gari is no longer available to Created Fighters
Slipping strikes are now slower while rocked
Significantly increased effect of Grapple Advantage on Takedowns

Decreased denial window for the low single takedown
Takedown denials now drain 20% more permanent stamina from the attacker
Fixed animation issue in the early denial of the open stance single leg
Added damage for the following slams:
Kimbo Slam (right turn from cage single leg)

Double Leg Slam from Cage Single Leg (left turn from cage single leg)
Cage Bodylock Slam (left turn from cage double leg)
Slowed down the advancing switch kick
Body knees and frontal kicks can no longer be evaded by head movement
Slowed down back side posture fakes and made the animation more readable
Slowed down lead overhand combos
Special counter from Side Saddle to North South now requires a large stamina advantage

Fixed issue with jab – body side kick combo not working with “mixed movement”, such using one strike advancing and another stationary.
Fixed a brief “freezing” animation issue when trying to walk and sway after a slipping straight
Significantly slowed down jab – handplant kick combo
Thanks from:
10-03-2021, 07:41   #384
Axwell

God this game actually is such garbage..decided after UFC 259 I might throw it on and have a few fights and see if anything had changed. Never really bothered with online championships so I go to that as blitz battles was something stupid and not worth doing.

Instantly I'm reminded that if you decide to use your created fighter online you have to choose one of the dumb presets, you cant actually give your created fighter the actual moves you want to use..who thought that was a good idea!?

I have a few fights and I am winning them just taking my time, focusing on stamina and boxing and not rushing things. I am a bit rusty anyways having not played in ages..because it decides what division you are fighting in I'm forced to pick fighters rather than pick whatever division I want to use..again another great idea. I end up getting a few submission victories and I'm thinking hmm has something changed, is this game actually playable..NOPE.

I move up a few divisions and the crucifix spammers are out in force, every takedown is constant attempts to transition to side mount, crucifix and spam the punches. If its not that its the fact that the game seems to just randomly decide if you are gonna get knocked out or rocked...I'm landing punches and just damaging the guy, we trade and he lands the same punches I do and I'm rocked..not caught mid punch or sidestepped..just a standard punch to the face. Same on the ground, they have me in full mount and they hit me 3 times and I'm ko'd..I can be on top and raining down punches while they it there with no stamina and somehow they don't get rocked.. it's extremely inconsistent and infuriating to play.

It's actually such a step backwards from 3 in every way..like I said previously I don't know how they turn the game around at all if they keep delivering this sort of garbage for the foresee and I can only imagine the following for it dwindle from whats already probably not a huge amount of sales so there's no incentive for them to even bother.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-04-2021, 19:47   #385
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Started a thread for the new boxing game coming out eSports Boxing Club. Looking good so far but no idea when it will be out. Huge roster so far with some kickboxers added and even Cris Cyborg! I much prefer mma to boxing but I'll take any combat sports game over UFC 4. Pity i can't play any of the fight nights on ps5. I played a small bit of fight night champion on ps3 a few years back but my joypas would double input button press so couldn't play properly.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/20581...#post116794579
Thanks from:
05-04-2021, 20:14   #386
martyos121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Started a thread for the new boxing game coming out eSports Boxing Club. Looking good so far but no idea when it will be out. Huge roster so far with some kickboxers added and even Cris Cyborg! I much prefer mma to boxing but I'll take any combat sports game over UFC 4. Pity i can't play any of the fight nights on ps5. I played a small bit of fight night champion on ps3 a few years back but my joypas would double input button press so couldn't play properly.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/20581...#post116794579
The gameplay looks pretty solid in that, even if licensing is weak (it could never have been anything else in fairness).

If it’s well received, it might get EA to pull their finger out at least.
08-04-2021, 18:42   #387
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

New patch adding Rob Font and Cyril Gane. More importantly, Venum kits added and you finally choose your kit/colour in the fighter select screen.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/n...patch-notes-10
09-04-2021, 21:55   #388
Mr Blobby

I'm guessing the reason they didn't have the option with Reebok is because they they'd be switching.
09-04-2021, 23:30   #389
Axwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post
I'm guessing the reason they didn't have the option with Reebok is because they they'd be switching.
Most likely but a pretty lame reason if the case, not bothering to put the ability into swap kits because 8 months after the release you will be changing sponsor and will add it then..just lazy along with no PS5 version update while FIFA and Madden got one.
09-04-2021, 23:50   #390
Mr Blobby

I've actually been playing a fair bit recently. Enjoying it a bit more now since it scratches my Fifa itch.
But its defo a step down compared to last year.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion