Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Post-Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Looks like Astros are thru already after only 10 pitches for Glasnow in the 1st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was rooting for TB so disappointed in the result but On the bright side, the Yankees/Astros match up is going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Looks like Astros are thru already after only 10 pitches for Glasnow in the 1st!

All kinds of articles this a.m. about how Glasnow was tipping his pitches. Oh well. See you in 2020, Tyler.

Hey, I thought this Nats bullpen was supposed to be dodgy!

Although having your starter go 7 no hit innings helps I suppose.

Hey, I thought this Nats bullpen was supposed to be dodgy!

Although having your starter go 7 no hit innings helps I suppose.

It was impressive alright. Sanchez can do this, and a hot pitcher in the offseason can make all the difference. Cf: 1988 Dodgers&Orel Hershisher (who was beyond hot to the point of unconscious out there. Mike Scott 1986 too.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Or Cole Hamels for the Phillies in 08

18 innings, 1 run is pretty damn impressive from the Nats.

Houston Astros, 0 runs scored. Must be a long time since that happened in a game I reckon.

Serious ass kicking been given to the Cards by the Nats in the NLCS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Serious ass kicking been given to the Cards by the Nats in the NLCS.

Some performance alright. I was wondering if the Nats make the World Series would Bryce Harper regret leaving them. But a 330 million contract does will soften the blow a bit:)

• Advertisement

Nats peaking at the right time. Corbin for the win tonight.
    Impressive, and they'll be well rested, whether that's actually a thing or not in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Igotadose wrote: »
    Nats peaking at the right time. Corbin for the win tonight.
    Impressive, and they'll be well rested, whether that's actually a thing or not in the playoffs.

Only one team (95 Braves) went onto win WS after sweeping either NLCS or ALCS since it changed to best-of-7 in 1985.

Nice start to this game.

Whoever loses this game is going to be cursing the amount of men left on base. And it's only been 2 innings!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Wow that was close!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow that was close!
    Regular season ball would have carried.

Nationals going to have a nice break now. Cardinals heads not in the game at all.

Fair play to the Nats. I didn't see that coming at the start of the season. I'm now a fully signed up member of the Nats bandwagon

ALCS Game 4 postponed.

ShyMets wrote: »
    Fair play to the Nats. I didn't see that coming at the start of the season. I'm now a fully signed up member of the Nats bandwagon

Not just the start of the season, mid May you would have been mad to suggest the Nats would make the World Series. It really has been some run since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

WORLD SERIES!

Unreal.

I'm going to have to fly to Washington for a game or two. Just to be in the City, my wife is there now has been since 9th Oct and she said its just bonkers.

Unreal!

Interesting article on Stanton - effectively Yankees are playing with a 24 man roster because Stanton is injured yet they don't want to take him off the roster because that would make him ineligible for the WS

https://www.mlb.com/news/giancarlo-stanton-gives-yankees-a-roster-dilemma

WORLD SERIES!

Unreal.

I'm going to have to fly to Washington for a game or two. Just to be in the City, my wife is there now has been since 9th Oct and she said its just bonkers.

Unreal!

Pity the NHL season has started as I'm sure Alex Ovechkin would love to be involved in the partying.

Pity the NHL season has started as I'm sure Alex Ovechkin would love to be involved in the partying.

I'm sure he will still find a way.

Not looking for Yankees now - they need to beat Verlander and Cole. They seemed to throw in the towel during the later innings too.

Nice ovation for CC Sabathia though - probably his last appearance before retirement, shame it had to end in injury.

• Pure tribalism, but I always struggle to cheer on another NL team when the Dodgers lose.

Lets go 'Stros :D

Pure tribalism, but I always struggle to cheer on another NL team when the Dodgers lose.

Lets go 'Stros :D

I’m kind of the same but as a Mets fan I can’t support the Yankees and I still don’t like the way the Astros tanked for a few years so I’m kind of leaning Nats.

They don’t seem like an obnoxious group of players and their fan on here is a good bloke and as he is a fellow Redskins fan, he probably deserves a bit of success

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

A penny for Bryce Harper's thoughts!!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    A penny for Bryce Harper's thoughts!!

There's a very interesting interview with him in the Athletic. "They made their, decision, I made mine" is one of the quotes and he says he isn't jealous at all. I'm sure $330m softens the blow but that can't be true, can it?

• Advertisement

There's a very interesting interview with him in the Athletic. "They made their, decision, I made mine" is one of the quotes and he says he isn't jealous at all. I'm sure $330m softens the blow but that can't be true, can it?

I'm sure Bryce is only thrilled for his former team mates:)

Advertisement