17-08-2019, 15:55   #3451
Rock Lesnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
lovely afternoon here in Meath, dry and mostly sunny, a bit on the windy side but it's feeling mild enough.
3 quick heavy showers here since lunch time, is a grand day otherwise
Advertisement
17-08-2019, 16:16   #3452
Xenji

A poor day in Castlebar wet and windy with a few short lived bright spells, a max gust of 72 km/hr so far.
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2019, 16:30   #3453
Mobhi1

Not too bad a day here. It's mostly sunny and a bit breezy. There was a shower a couple of hours ago depositing 0.2mm. It's currently 19.6C, which is the day's high so far.
17-08-2019, 16:31   #3454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Lesnar View Post
3 quick heavy showers here since lunch time, is a grand day otherwise
A grand day maybe in April early May. But this is supposed to be summer. I type this with the wind howling snd the rain pelting down. Showery all afternoon here. Summer my arse.
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2019, 16:54   #3455
Oscar Bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenji View Post
A poor day in Castlebar wet and windy with a few short lived bright spells, a max gust of 72 km/hr so far.
Miserable. Very gusty. Tomorrow worse
Advertisement
17-08-2019, 17:20   #3456
Rock Lesnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonmel1000 View Post
A grand day maybe in April early May. But this is supposed to be summer. I type this with the wind howling snd the rain pelting down. Showery all afternoon here. Summer my arse.
Ah personally, i think its only as bad or as good as we make it out to be, its been dry and sunny here apart from the 3 showers, they're fairly fast moving in the strong breeze, which is actually quite mild to, its been a good day overall here, but elsewhere probably not so much
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2019, 17:58   #3457
iamwhoiam

Quote:
Ah personally, i think its only as bad or as good as we make it out to be, its been dry and sunny here apart from the 3 showers, they're fairly fast moving in the strong breeze, which is actually quite mild to, its been a good day overall here, but elsewhere probably not so much
Yes exactly , you take it as it comes and enjoy the sunny bits
17-08-2019, 18:41   #3458
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
managed to escape all showers so far, a dry and sunny day here which is not what I was expecting today.
17-08-2019, 19:08   #3459
Elmer Blooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
managed to escape all showers so far, a dry and sunny day here which is not what I was expecting today.
A very pleasant surprise today, I was expecting a lot worse but it turned out to be probably the best day of the month so far even if the max temp was a modest 19.5c. - a good drying wind too that is helping the mouldy flowers in the garden to make a recovery.
Tomorrow will be different and is not looking good for Croke Park.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-08-2019, 20:50   #3460

Dodged most of the showers around mid Laois today, my location at least.

I love mid to late August, as the change in season approaches and the evenings gradually draw in from 9pm to 8.20pm or so by 31st. Yet we often get a nice week of temperatures in the mid 20s late August/early September.
Thanks from:
18-08-2019, 00:09   #3461
Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggdefy View Post
Dodged most of the showers around mid Laois today, my location at least.

I love mid to late August, as the change in season approaches and the evenings gradually draw in from 9pm to 8.20pm or so by 31st. Yet we often get a nice week of temperatures in the mid 20s late August/early September.
We do indeed as an arm of the great Azores high breaks off, moves over us en route to set up the great Siberian high of Winter. I often remember marking September 1st in the diary as when the first morning fog of the season is observed owing to the later sunrise.
Thanks from:
18-08-2019, 02:57   #3462
acequion

Quote:
Yerra bollox!! It's shyte. Irish weather is pretty much shyte all the time,especially in the west. It's amusing to read the denial by some posters. Am in Spain at mo in very high temperatures and loving every minute, but back next week to reality.

And by all accounts, reality is pretty grim. My beautiful flowers have badly fallen foul of the August wind and rain I'm told. But dare anyone complain!
(2) thanks from:
18-08-2019, 05:45   #3463
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by acequion View Post
Yerra bollox!! It's shyte. Irish weather is pretty much shyte all the time,especially in the west. It's amusing to read the denial by some posters. Am in Spain at mo in very high temperatures and loving every minute, but back next week to reality.

And by all accounts, reality is pretty grim. My beautiful flowers have badly fallen foul of the August wind and rain I'm told. But dare anyone complain!
nothing to complain about. grim? Only if you have unrealistic expectations! Nothing grim; just normal for Ireland. nesh you are! Now if you were in India, flooded out etc, complain away.. or snow in parts of Canada.. But this is fine; and out here wild and wet again all night. West Mayo offshore..
Thanks from:
18-08-2019, 09:25   #3464
Oscar Bravo

Sunshine hours from Saturday the 16th of August

12.0 Casement
11.6 Johnstown Castle
10.0 Cork Airport
9.4 Dublin Airport
9.3 Shannon Airport
8.2 Knock Airport
8.0 Malin Head
7.9 Gurteen
7.3 Valentia
7.0 Belmullet
(3) thanks from:
18-08-2019, 09:38   #3465

Quote:
Originally Posted by acequion View Post

Not shyte here in East Wicklow
Its been 7 years since its been shyte here
This summer has been mostly pleasant and often warm here
But then my late mother who moved here from the Whesth 60 years ago always said she couldnt get over how dry it was here compared to Home
She also said she also saw a lot more snow up here when it snowed and that it lasted longer and more thunder over her lifetime here

Last edited by Mortelaro; 18-08-2019 at 09:42.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion