26-06-2020, 09:06   #106
Mellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
Ah, I see. So there'd obviously be a necessity to ensure such a thread was created for it to work.
Yeah, every event used to have it's own thread. When the forum was it was great.
But when it got quiet, then the threads sometimes only had a few posts in real time. Then no posts, and some where missed.

So one thread was created to keep it all together and active.
It's generally only used for the event talk, so once even it over, you aren't jumping into the middle of a discussion.

One improvement might be to add the event info a post. That might help bookmark and prompt discussion of each event
Advertisement
26-06-2020, 09:11   #107
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
so once even it over, you aren't jumping into the middle of a discussion.
That's more or less why I'm not a fan of megathreads, there's no clear beginning, middle, and end...so when you join in, unless you've been following, it can be awkward to find out where/what people are talking about etc.

Perhaps counter-intuitively, I'd have imagined a separate thread for each event would actually help generate discussion from users, rather than keeping it to a smaller few who put the effort in and keep up with the thread.
26-06-2020, 10:09   #108
Mellor

It used to, but died out a bit.
Maybe the regualr few in there can make the effort to do a small event post to highlight the chapters
Thanks from:
26-06-2020, 13:26   #109
Axwell

Theres never enough conversation on fight night events to merit their own thread. Very little pre event talk, hardly any during and nearly none post event. If theres no thread then people end up posting spoilers in the general thread.

Since the onus is on someone to set one up it cant be guaranteed so again this is avoided by just having one main thread. With very few posts per event its not like you have to go back trawling that far to find posts relating to a previous event.

Imo there are more benefits to just keeping one main thread as it currently is than there are for individual threads.
27-06-2020, 10:57   #110
derfderf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
What are people's thoughts on having dedicated threads for Fight Night events? I rarely use large mega-threads as I have no idea what & where I'll be jumping into when entering them...so unless you're regularly following such threads, they're not ideal for those who don't. There does be some cracking fights/fighters for Fight Night events...but it's a bit off-putting having them all tied up in one single thread...
It would be good if it worked, but it meant threads with two or three posts. People wouldn't bother starting a thread for a low key fight night card because of this, but, at the same time, it couldn't be discussed in the general mma thread due to spoilers.
You only have to go back 10 pages in the fight night thread to be back to mid May. A single numbered card would have more pages than that.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion