Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Right so just say we come last, do we take a QB? or do we like Glennon.

I really like 2nd half Glennon but first half Glennon sucks...We have so many holes that need fixing as said above. Oline is pathetic, Makins has looked ok.

We seriously need CB help, maybe get that in free agency. Our Line backers and Safeites look good on paper but no idea whats going on.

Im even hearing fans wanting to trade Mccoy for draft picks UGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'll help revive a dead thread here! Ill be in Tampa with a few lads in Sept, the plan is to get to a game. Anyone with any experience of Raymond James?

Have provisionally booked a hotel nearby. So basically wondering where to sit, where to have a bit of craic before hand (be it bars or crashing in on tailgaiting), and where to head out afterwards. Tickets look handy enough to get via stubhub. Thanks in advance

Ive been to 8 games over there, 3 times got 2 games in a week period so been 4 times like

Each time ive stayed somewhere different, 2 years back i stayed in YBOR CITY, bit of a party town but found it quiet after the game but mad the night before.

Its werd in Tampa, once the game ends everyone sort of goes home, some hotels do tailgating but we just get down early and get into the stadium and chill in the sun wioth a few beers.

Also stay in Clearwater beach for one, nice spot also, other two times were local motels which did the trick as were flying visits.

LOVIE OUT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

It's that depressing time of year again.

Football season.

Was drafted Jamarcus Wilson and the Titans got Marcus Manning.

At least Martin and ASJ looked ok.

• Advertisement

Ok 1-1. Getting there.

The JaMarcus comment was in jest last week, but he looked a lot better this week.

Off the field, Winston has an infectious personality. I just hope he delivers as well on the field.

Vary impressed with Winston, the way he conducts himself is impressive, straight over to hole offence after his rushing TD thanking them all.

Seemed much more composed this week,

Martin did well again, nice to have Sims to rotate in and out second half. Conte stepped up brilliantly for defence and SMith was class, Best player on the field on Sunday.

Well thats a game i feel we could have won on a different day.

bad day for defence against the run i thought. Winston did ok, some nice passes but silly iterception again. Evans had some poor drops as well but maybe a bit rusty.

Dont know where to start on Brindza

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We're getting there. Evans is a huge threat when he gets going and Winston is going to make him a very successful player if both stay fit. We could do with ASJ back as well.

Evans made several drops.

Speaking of drops, Kyle Brindza will be dropped soon.

JW made some serious throws, though the INT was a crazy through. Needs a bit more luck. OLine did remarkably well against Watt and Clowney. No sacks?

• Advertisement

Reckon Kyle may get one more shot this week, otherwise they'll try bring one of the other two back. Might be good in training but needs to be showing what he can do in games.

Yeah Oline had a good game, no sacks against Watt and co is decent

Well this home losing steak continues,

If we cant beat the Jags at home we are in big trouble and they may as well start lining up a reaplcement for Lovie next year as we'll be lucky to win 3.

oh dear god, this hurts at the moment

So a new year starts tonight.

Do we have any fans left?

I'm heading over to see my first Bucs games this year in October. Managing to fit in two games in RJS: Raiders and Thursday Night game vs the Falcons!

Can't wait for it!

Oh dear. First play.

Kenny Bell fumble from kickoff.

Hopefully not a sign of whats to come this season.

Oh no...

2 fumbles (1 by Bell 1 by Winston)
    Special Teams penalty
    2 TD's given up without any bother 45 sec and 50sec drives.
    A 3 and out.

Then a great drive for a TD by Winston... and Aguayo (2nd round draft pick) misses the extra point off the upright!

Terrible stuff.

still here

Good start last night in first 5 mins haha

you'll love it over there, have been to 8 games there, cant beat the day game, sun shining and drinking a nice cold beer.

jester1980 wrote:
    Good start last night in first 5 mins haha

Yeah Bucs ball was back with a bang!

In fairness the D stepped it up big time. Jameis looked sharp. Sheppard for me put himself above Humphreys as WR3. Doug had a couple nice runs.

OLine looked ****e. Other WR's looked ****e. Aguayo missing that Extra Point just fuels the pressure that is on him already. Glennon didn't exactly cover himself in glory.

Still nice to see the defence look good for once. That will bring us a long way, because Jameis will always give you a chance if the game is close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 makaay07

Just joined boards and found a bucs thread. Didn't think we had any other followers in Ireland. Seen some of preseason game and got to be honest little bit of my new season optimism was dented. I know its only preseason but can we protect Jameis enough to have a good season? That's my fear for the new season.

• Advertisement

The Oline was decent last year, two rookies performed very well, wouldn't overly worry about this

Another week another easy kick missed by Aguayo.

A massive waste of a 2nd Round pick it looks like.

haha

This kid is going to get stick for a long time, not his fault ge was drafted in second round.

Lets just hope hes getting all his misses out of the way in preseason

And it was two misses haha

jester1980 wrote:
    And it was two misses haha

Yeah that was posted after the 30 yarder.
    The second miss was from 49 which is forgivable.

Not bad last night

Oline did a great job again on run plays, Defence looked a bit better at times, Keap is a hard man to chase down when he gets going.

Shepard had an excellent game for a Special teams guy, nice step up.

Evans and Winston looking good together this year

Yeah but it can't be overstates how bad the 49ers are.

Still good to win, but we can't keep giving up 2 TD leads in the first Quarter and try to claw it back.

I'm off to Florida this weekend and will be at my first 2 Bucs games on Sunday against the Raiders and on Thursday agaisnt the Falcons. I'd settle for 1 win out of 2 but we have the potential to win both I feel.

Quizz is flying and could form a lethal 1-2 punch with Doug. We have the luxury of being able to ease Doug back in.

McDougald and Tandy played a lot more snaps last night then i've seen in a while and Conte wasn't as exposed. Maybe the secondary is coming together?

Up front we look great. Kwon and Lavonte have a great partnership going.

Great stuff, you'll have a ball, if you get the good weather nothing better to do than chill watch the game in the sun and have a few beers.

Yeah be great so see how Martin and Rodgers do together when hes back.

jester1980 wrote:
    Great stuff, you'll have a ball, if you get the good weather nothing better to do than chill watch the game in the sun and have a few beers.

29 degrees at rhe moment. Chance of rain for one of the 8 days. Can't complain. I'll be roasted out of it.

Well are we all happy with the draft?

Been a while since the post, weapons for Winston was the big call after the season and he's picked up 3 new weapons in Jackson, Howard and Godwin.

Couldn't believe Howard kept falling, great pickup.

just under 100 days to preseason.

SPEAK SOFTLY

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm very happy. Think we could probably be a little bendy defensively but lets wait and see how they get on

Advertisement