Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Sites and Deals for buying Darts & accessories

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

got this deadly sharpener off 501darts.
    i know a sharpener not very interesting but this is brilliant,it has a cool looking design (looks like a pen) instead of just your basic piece of stone it sits in a metal tube with a tighting screw on top and you just loosen the screw and pull out the stone which has a groove going down the middle of it sharpen your darts,put it back in and your done,with the groove going right down the middle you always get a uniformed point.
    really nice piece of kit and would recommend it to every dart player :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wildrover444

i think only a180 and 501darts are the only websites that are good value if u are buying just light things like flights and stems. all the other websites i have checked out charge to much for postage and are only good value if u are buying alot of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Raymond van Hegarty

I have a brand new set of 25g Golden Titanium Adrian Lewis (signature engraved) darts for anyone who is interested, bought these online for 55 euro but they are too heavy for my liking. I used these for less than a day. If anyone is interested in buying these please contact me at 0858195111. I have an unused Winmau Blade 3 Championship Board that I will throw into the mix if anyone is prepared to give me 60 euro overall

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Any good sites that take laser?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭astimpson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just wondering if anyone else had any problems with 501darts? I ordered a few flights and stems early last Friday morning, got the confirmation email from them, and the payment confirmation from sagepay. I've been checking the orders progress every now and then since then and it still says "Processing" as of today. I sent them a quick e-mail last night just to check if there was a problem and still haven't heard anything back.

Pretty poor service in my opinion, don't mind waiting for delivery, but responding to an e-mail seems like common courtesy and while everyone else here seems to have had a good experience, i don't think i'll be ordering from them again. It's a shame because i'd prefer to give my money to the irish companies, looks like i'll have to stick with prodarts.ie when i can, though they have a small selection of stuff and a180.

Hi there Mate,

501 have a facebook page and are usually on it, Might be an idea to look onto it and leave message see if that helps . . I do know its just one lad that runs the whole lot so it might be the case that he is away???

Not sure but give the facebook page a look . . Hope that helped . . . :pac:

Cheers, i might leave a message there if i still haven't got a response by tonight. Yeah I can understand if he's busy it might be difficult to process all the orders and I wouldn't have minded one bit if he sent a quick e-mail to say it'd be delayed. Thanks anyway.

Yeah i totally get what you mean i simple reply takes no time really . . anyway hope you get ur orders soon. . keep on throwing . . ;)

Just got a response from 501darts, turns out my order was posted Monday. Oops! I'll know not to trust the order progress part of my account in future. Anyway, i take back the previous comments relating to poor service etc. though the response was a bit slow, too be expected I suppose if it's just one guy. My own fault for trusting the order status I suppose.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any idea how long delivery takes from the English sites listed here? A180 or Dartscorner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Anyone have any idea how long delivery takes from the English sites listed here? A180 or Dartscorner?

3-4 working days after they received your payment

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I put an ordrer in for 20 sets of flights with UK darts firm www.dartscorner.co.uk last Sunday night and my flights landed the following Wednesday morning! A very good firm and always a speedy delivery with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I put an ordrer in for 20 sets of flights with UK darts firm www.dartscorner.co.uk last Sunday night and my flights landed the following Wednesday morning! A very good firm and always a speedy delivery with them.

Bought a few bits from them last week, great service. Ordered late Thursday night arrived Monday morning. Bought one of these Great little tool.

designarefereetoolbase.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I wish I could say the same. I ordered a set of darts and a few other bits from them 2 weeks ago. I got the email that they had been despatched two days later (2nd of Dec) and they have still not arrived :(. Hopefully, they will turn up tomorrow but I have been saying that for over a week now.

It was bad enough the last time I ordered from them too. Bought another set of darts about a month ago and it took nearly as long then :rolleyes:. At the same time, I had ordered something else from the UK (through Ebay) and it arrived in less than 4 days so their story about the postage being slow this time of year does not hold water with me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

as a matter of interest lads

regarding prodarts.ie, does he tend to have stock that isnt advertised on the website?

im after some 26 gram Mervyn King darts.

is it worth contacting him or am i best just using A180?

id rather spend local myself if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭bgm13

I've been using DartsCorner.co.uk for the last few years myself and they have been more then helpful, I even accidentally ordered the wrong weight of darts and they exchanged them with no questions asked, great customer service! Very quick delivery too!

@chrisbonnie If ProDarts.ie doesnt have them in stock they are at a reasonable price here, delivery isnt too expensive and they are normally delivered very quickly.

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/Darts---Steel-Tip-Pro-Players-Mervyn-King/c9_22_153/p35356/Darts---26g-Steel-Tip-Tungsten-Darts---Winmau---%3Cb%3EMervyn-King%3C/b%3E-%22The-King%22---26g/product_info.html

It says out of stock but I'd expect them to be restocked tomorrow, once normal post resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

I've used 501darts and I have to say the service was excellent...would definitely use them again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 niflhel

Found a seller of Flights and stems and occasionally brand new sets of darts on Ebay for reasonable prices and normally next day delivery.

seller ID :- Dartsandstuff2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Using 501 at the moment. Ordered a surround. Still waiting after a month and a half now. Multiple emails not being responded to. Will have to call credit card company soon to get money back if it goes on any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭celt262

circos wrote: »
    Using 501 at the moment. Ordered a surround. Still waiting after a month and a half now. Multiple emails not being responded to. Will have to call credit card company soon to get money back if it goes on any longer.

Hi how did you get on did the surround come.

Anyone buy anything of them lately are they still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Always 501 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Pure Darts...recently ordered on a Monday afternoon, delivered on Friday morning. Cant complain about that. Super prices on flights and shafts

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

How long does it normally take to recieve orders from dartscorner.co.uk , i ordered a few bits from them last friday and still no sign of them today

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Usually quick enough. Just got e-mail from them. Any orders before 24th December Dartscorner have sent on a 10% discount code - santa12

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

Pure Darts, the only way to go,cheap and fast delivery. Top quality stock. They have cut out the midle man that is why they can sell cheap. http://www.puredarts.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

rabsmith2 wrote: »
    Pure Darts, the only way to go,cheap and fast delivery. Top quality stock. They have cut out the midle man that is why they can sell cheap. http://www.puredarts.co.uk/

Nice to see that have sorted the postage out. £6 was a bit steep for postage to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Hey guys looking to buy the 95% tungsten 24gram darts as shown on the link below, is there any dart stores in dublin that could have this available? Or will this just be available to get online in ebay?

http://www.unicorn-darts.com/range/darts-core/core-xl-t95/core-t95-xl.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

jonnygiles wrote: »
    Hey guys looking to buy the 95% tungsten 24gram darts as shown on the link below, is there any dart stores in dublin that could have this available? Or will this just be available to get online in ebay?

http://www.unicorn-darts.com/range/darts-core/core-xl-t95/core-t95-xl.aspx

Brenfer on Caple street might have them available but you will probably pay over the odds for them.

They are not available in 24g only 21,23,25,27 and 29.

Link to 23g on Darts corner

Advertisement